• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
As part of our java application's login proceedure we login to SalesForce and perform an update.  I would like to "cleanup" after the update is through.  I know the SF login creates a socket but I can't find any type of cleanup in the SF API to close the socket and release any SF-related instances for garbage collection.

We are getting failed logins when we are running our applet under 1.3.1 with it compiled under 1.4.2.  I've tried added System.setProperties to get past the problems but as soon as I get past one another pops up.  The first problem was tryin to load the crimson parser.  I fixed that by specifiying:

System.setProperty("javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory",  "org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl");
System.setProperty("javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory", "org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl");
System.setProperty("javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory",  "org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl");
System.setProperty("org.xml.sax.driver",  "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");
System.setProperty("org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration ",  "org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration");
System.setProperty("org.xml.sax.parser", "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");  

MalformedURLException due to no https protocol in 1.3.1

Since we added salesforce api login and contact update to our applet at startup our webserver logs are getting filled up with a ton of 404 errors due to missing salesforce classes from our salesforce api jar.  Here is a typical example:

'GET /current/com/sforce/soap/enterprise/GetUserInfoResultBeanInfo.class HTTP/1.1','Java1.3.1_06','12.129.242.136','[15/Jul/2004:01:11:46 -0400]'

In all the cases the type of class is "BeanInfo".  What should I do to prevent this?

As part of our java application's login proceedure we login to SalesForce and perform an update.  I would like to "cleanup" after the update is through.  I know the SF login creates a socket but I can't find any type of cleanup in the SF API to close the socket and release any SF-related instances for garbage collection.