• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am using the 4.0 version of the API.  I am trying to retrieve history data for an opportunity (i.e. changes to the close date, changes to the amount, etc.)  I see there is an OpportunityHistory object available and I downloaded that data to a SQL table.  My program does not end with any errors. 

I went into salesforce.com and changed the close date on an opportunity.  Should the history of that change be reflected in the OpportunityHistory object?  I thought it would but I do not see the history of my change in the data I queried.  If that is not the correct place to find that data, where can I find the old close date for that opportunity and download it.

Thank you. 

• August 24, 2004

I am having trouble figuring out what data I want to query from the API.  For instance, I want to get all products realted to an opportunity.  I looked at the documentation and it says that opportunityLineItem is related to Product via ProductID.  I do not have a ProductID in the product table.    In the big picture, I am trying to dump a lot of the data into a sql database (real time, on demand) so that we can write reports against it.  I'm assuing the WSDL is the way to go.   Is the database schema denomalized for use in the API?

What is product verses product2 object?   pricebook verses pricebook2

Thank you.

• July 29, 2004

I am using the 4.0 version of the API.  I am trying to retrieve history data for an opportunity (i.e. changes to the close date, changes to the amount, etc.)  I see there is an OpportunityHistory object available and I downloaded that data to a SQL table.  My program does not end with any errors. 

I went into salesforce.com and changed the close date on an opportunity.  Should the history of that change be reflected in the OpportunityHistory object?  I thought it would but I do not see the history of my change in the data I queried.  If that is not the correct place to find that data, where can I find the old close date for that opportunity and download it.

Thank you. 

• August 24, 2004