• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a lead generation form that creates leads in salesforce and need to find a way to stop duplicate leads from getting created. If a lead is already created I want to update the record instead and if there are already multiple leads in SF how can I update just one record.
  • September 17, 2009
Is there a way to associate a new lead with a campaign when you create it using the API?
  • June 30, 2009
I'm trying to query an account's contact by recordtypeid and account name. How would my soql statement look? Currently I have this but nothing is returned.

SELECT ID,FirstName, LastName, Primary_Contact_Title__c, Email, Phone, Fax, MailingStreet, MailingCity, MailingState, MailingPostalCode FROM Contact WHERE Account.= '" + strAccount + "' AND RecordTypeId = '" + strRecordTypeId + "'"

• October 09, 2008
I'm receiving the following error when I try to create a lead in salesforce using the API and I can't figure out why. Can someone please help me out?

The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
  • May 01, 2008
Hello,
I am trying to create an contract on an account with an API call and am receiving the following status code "FAILED_ACTIVATION". I am setting the Status to "Pending" not "To Activate" so I'm not sure why I getting this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Paulo
  • April 01, 2008
I have a web application that coverts a lead into an account then creates an agreement and adds an attachment to the agreement. My problem is I can't make salesforce send the agreements out for signature. I can change the status of the agreement to "out for signature" but I never receive an email with the docs or see them in echosign. My question is how can I duplicate the custom s-control "send for signature" functionality in my web application? Is there a way to trigger the s-control from my web application? Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

-Paulo
  • August 27, 2007

I'm trying to create an agreement using the echosign appexchange application in salesforce but I am receiving the error below when I try to create the object.

// Create Agreement object
Sforce.SIGN_Agreement__c sfAgreement = new Sforce.SIGN_Agreement__c();

// Set Agreement object properties 
sfAgreement.Recipient__r = contact; 
sfAgreement.Name = "Testing";
sfAgreement.sfAgreement.SignatureType__c = "e-Signature";

More than 1 field provided in an external foreign key reference in entity: Contact
  • August 24, 2007
Can someone please help? I'm trying to create a lead in SF using classic asp with theoffice toolking but I keep getting this error "One of the records in the batch call resulted in an error. Examine the records to determine which one(s) failed.".

Dim SforceApi
Dim sObject(0)

Set SforceApi = server.CreateObject("SForceOfficeToolkit3.SForceSession3.1")

if SforceApi.Login("uid","pwd") then
    Set sObject(0) = SforceApi.CreateObject("Lead")

sObject(0).Item("FirstName").value = "Test"
    sObject(0).Item("LastName").value = "Testing"

if SforceApi.Create(sObject,false) then
         Response.Write "Correct insert "
     else
          Response.Write "Error on insert"
     end if
else
     response.Write "login failed"
end if

Set SforceApi = nothing
Set sObject(0) = nothing
  • April 04, 2007
How can I return the salesforce id from sales force when I create a new lead through a web application? So as soon as I do this:

<code>

// Add the account to an array of SObjects
Sforce.sObject[] records = new Sforce.sObject[] {sfLead};

// Invoke the create call, passing in the account properties and saving the results in a SaveResult object Sforce.SaveResult[] saveResults = binding.create(records);

</code>

Can salesforce return the id?

• April 13, 2006
Hi,
I have an asp.net app that is using the webservice and it was working fine until about a week ago. I am now getting the error below:
The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved.
Any ideas as to why this might be happening? The app works fine on my development environment but not in production.
Paulo
  • February 20, 2006
Is it possible to create a search on my companies intranet that searches for documents stored on salseforce?
  • March 28, 2005

Hi all,

Is it possible to have links on my website that link to documents saved on salesforce and not get the salesforce login screen? If so how would I go about getting this done.

Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by Paulo on 03-08-2005 12:04 PM

Message Edited by Paulo on 03-08-2005 12:04 PM

• March 08, 2005

Hi,

I am having problems with the autoassignment rules working when I submit a lead using the api 4.0 into salesforce. The lead owner is always set to the user that I use to log into salesforce. How can I get my app to use the autoassign rules I have set up in salesforce? I am using the 4.0 api, asp.net and c# to develop my app.

• September 13, 2004

I've deployed my app that uses the salesforce API 4.0 on three servers successfully. When I try to deploy my app on to production it is not able to connect to the salesforce server. I know it's because the server is behind a firewall but the network group keeps telling me that port 443 and port 80 are open so nothing is blocking it from going to the salesforce server. They also informed me that we don't use a proxy server. Does anyone know what I can ask them to check out or what the problem might be? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Paulo

• August 26, 2004
I'm getting this error below when I put my files into production for some reason. I noticed that the error below is pointing to files 
in the wrong directory (it looks like my dev environment). I can't find where it is referencing the directory below anywhere in my code. Any ideas why it's pointing to that
directory (highlighted in red below).

System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() +673
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +75
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +132
   System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +105
   Credco.Web.SignUp.sforce.SforceService.login(String username, String password) in c:\wwwdev$\signup\Web References\sforce\Reference.cs:46
   Credco.Web.SignUp.AmericorpSatellite.createLead(Customer c) in c:\wwwdev$\signup\mortgage\americorp\default.aspx.cs:133
   Credco.Web.SignUp.AmericorpSatellite.submitBtnClick() in c:\wwwdev$\signup\mortgage\americorp\default.aspx.cs:117
   Credco.Web.SignUp.AmericorpSatellite.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\wwwdev$\signup\mortgage\americorp\default.aspx.cs:80
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

Message Edited by Paulo on 08-24-2004 03:46 PM

• August 24, 2004

I am releasing an application that I have created on to another server that uses the sforce API 4.0 and the web app was written in C#. But I am getting the following error. Any ideas?

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.]
   System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +105
   Credco.Web.SignUp.sforce.SforceService.login(String username, String password) in c:\wwwdev$\signup\Web References\sforce\Reference.cs:46
   Credco.Web.SignUp.AmericorpSatellite.createLead(Customer c) in c:\wwwdev$\signup\mortgage\americorp\default.aspx.cs:133
   Credco.Web.SignUp.AmericorpSatellite.submitBtnClick() in c:\wwwdev$\signup\mortgage\americorp\default.aspx.cs:117
   Credco.Web.SignUp.AmericorpSatellite.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\wwwdev$\signup\mortgage\americorp\default.aspx.cs:80

• August 19, 2004
I'm using web api 4.0 to insert a lead and trying to trigger the auto response email when a new lead is generated. Lead is created but no email is sent back to customer. My question is does auto response rules work for api? If not what are the work arounds?
  • August 12, 2004

Hi,

I am trying to submit a lead to salesforce with asp.net in c# and am not having any luck. The code below executes fine but nothing is getting submitted to my salesforce development site. What login and pwd am I suppose to be using and what access rights should the login have? Am I missing something? When I execute the code below it does not return an id with saveResults.

private void createLead() {

//Create the proxy binding and login

sforce.SforceService binding = new sforce.SforceService();

sforce.LoginResult lr = binding.login("login", "pwd");

binding.SessionHeaderValue = new sforce.SessionHeader();

binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = lr.sessionId;

binding.Url = lr.serverUrl;

// Create an account object to send to the service

Credco.Web.SignUp.sforce.Lead sfLead = new Credco.Web.SignUp.sforce.Lead();

// Set several properties

sfLead.FirstName = "Test";

sfLead.LastName = "Tester";

sfLead.LeadSource = "Testing";

sforce.sObject[] records = new sforce.sObject[] {sfLead};

// Invoke the create call, passing in the account properties

// and saving the results in a SaveResult object

sforce.SaveResult[] saveResults = binding.create(records);

// Access the new ID

String newID = saveResults[0].id;

}

• August 04, 2004

I think I'm on the right track to creating a lead but I get a "Invalid_Session_ID" error when I try to add the lead. Code is posted below. Am I missing something or what am I doing wrong?

try {

Session.Add("sessionId", lr.sessionId);

Session.Add("url", lr.serverUrl);

Session.Add("userId", lr.userId);

sforce.Lead lead = new sforce.Lead();

}

catch (Exception ex) {

lblException.Text = ex.Message;

}

binding.Url = Session["url"].ToString();

sfLead.FirstName = "Paulo";

sfLead.LastName = "Morales";

// Access the new ID

}

• August 04, 2004

Hi, I am new to salesforce and I am trying to create an asp.net app in c# that will insert leads to salesforce.com from our company's corporate website. I have created a developer account, downloaded the wsdl and added a reference to it in my project and all seems to be working well. But now I need to know how I can insert a record into salesforce.com. Is there any sample code that I can look at in asp.net(c#)? How do I login to salesforce and insert a record etc..  Thanks in advance.

Paulo 

• August 04, 2004

I'm trying to create an agreement using the echosign appexchange application in salesforce but I am receiving the error below when I try to create the object.

// Create Agreement object
Sforce.SIGN_Agreement__c sfAgreement = new Sforce.SIGN_Agreement__c();

// Set Agreement object properties 
sfAgreement.Recipient__r = contact; 
sfAgreement.Name = "Testing";
sfAgreement.sfAgreement.SignatureType__c = "e-Signature";

More than 1 field provided in an external foreign key reference in entity: Contact
  • August 24, 2007
Can someone please help? I'm trying to create a lead in SF using classic asp with theoffice toolking but I keep getting this error "One of the records in the batch call resulted in an error. Examine the records to determine which one(s) failed.".

Dim SforceApi
Dim sObject(0)

Set SforceApi = server.CreateObject("SForceOfficeToolkit3.SForceSession3.1")

if SforceApi.Login("uid","pwd") then
    Set sObject(0) = SforceApi.CreateObject("Lead")

sObject(0).Item("FirstName").value = "Test"
    sObject(0).Item("LastName").value = "Testing"

if SforceApi.Create(sObject,false) then
         Response.Write "Correct insert "
     else
          Response.Write "Error on insert"
     end if
else
     response.Write "login failed"
end if

Set SforceApi = nothing
Set sObject(0) = nothing
  • April 04, 2007
How can I return the salesforce id from sales force when I create a new lead through a web application? So as soon as I do this:

<code>

Sforce.sObject[] records = new Sforce.sObject[] {sfLead};

// Invoke the create call, passing in the account properties and saving the results in a SaveResult object Sforce.SaveResult[] saveResults = binding.create(records);

</code>

Can salesforce return the id?

• April 13, 2006
Is it possible to create a search on my companies intranet that searches for documents stored on salseforce?
  • March 28, 2005

Hi,

I am having problems with the autoassignment rules working when I submit a lead using the api 4.0 into salesforce. The lead owner is always set to the user that I use to log into salesforce. How can I get my app to use the autoassign rules I have set up in salesforce? I am using the 4.0 api, asp.net and c# to develop my app.

• September 13, 2004
I'm getting this error below when I put my files into production for some reason. I noticed that the error below is pointing to files 
in the wrong directory (it looks like my dev environment). I can't find where it is referencing the directory below anywhere in my code. Any ideas why it's pointing to that
directory (highlighted in red below).

Message Edited by Paulo on 08-24-2004 03:46 PM

• August 24, 2004

I am releasing an application that I have created on to another server that uses the sforce API 4.0 and the web app was written in C#. But I am getting the following error. Any ideas?

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.]

• August 19, 2004

Hi,

I am trying to submit a lead to salesforce with asp.net in c# and am not having any luck. The code below executes fine but nothing is getting submitted to my salesforce development site. What login and pwd am I suppose to be using and what access rights should the login have? Am I missing something? When I execute the code below it does not return an id with saveResults.

binding.SessionHeaderValue = new sforce.SessionHeader();

binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = lr.sessionId;

binding.Url = lr.serverUrl;

sfLead.FirstName = "Test";

sfLead.LastName = "Tester";

// Access the new ID

}

• August 04, 2004

I think I'm on the right track to creating a lead but I get a "Invalid_Session_ID" error when I try to add the lead. Code is posted below. Am I missing something or what am I doing wrong?

try {

Session.Add("sessionId", lr.sessionId);

Session.Add("url", lr.serverUrl);

Session.Add("userId", lr.userId);

sforce.Lead lead = new sforce.Lead();

}

catch (Exception ex) {

lblException.Text = ex.Message;

}

binding.Url = Session["url"].ToString();

sfLead.FirstName = "Paulo";

sfLead.LastName = "Morales";

// Access the new ID

}

• August 04, 2004

Hi, I am new to salesforce and I am trying to create an asp.net app in c# that will insert leads to salesforce.com from our company's corporate website. I have created a developer account, downloaded the wsdl and added a reference to it in my project and all seems to be working well. But now I need to know how I can insert a record into salesforce.com. Is there any sample code that I can look at in asp.net(c#)? How do I login to salesforce and insert a record etc..  Thanks in advance.

Paulo 

• August 04, 2004