• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Does this field get modified automatically when a query is launched via webservice ?

If yes, is there a way to disable this feature for select calls ?

Thanks
I'm getting the following error message while trying to read a page from salesforce.com in a variable after logging in to salesforce.

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

What do I do to fix it ?

Here is the code:

URL url = new URL("https", proxyServer, portNumber, salesforce_url);
URLConnection c = url.openConnection();
c.setDoOutput(true);
c.setUseCaches(false);
c.setRequestProperty("content-type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
DataOutputStream dataout = new DataOutputStream(c.getOutputStream());
dataout.writeBytes(encoded);
dataout.flush();
dataout.close();
BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader ( new InputStreamReader(c.getInputStream() ) );
Hi, The following exception is thrown by SoapBindingStub.java while establishing connection with Sales Force web service for login. RemoteException: ; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused What could possibly be the reason for this exception ? Thanks, ... Jean
If some web based application is integrated with salesforce i.e. the login page is displayed to the users from the clients app and than the user is transfered to salesforce after authentication, the user must be back to the clients application login page when the session is expired on salesforce side.

The users must not see the salesforce login page and must be transfered to either some customized logout page or to the clients application login page. The clients application may have one user id and password for multiple users which the users may not know. Transfering the users to the salesforce login page when they click logout or when the session expires will confuse them.

This feature is needed to integrate our application with salesforce. If this feature is not provided by salesforce than please provide the workaround for this ?
Questions:

1. According to API doc., the default session time out is 2 hour ?
2. Can it be changed ?
3. Does changing the session time out parameter in salesforce for a user have any effect on the session time out for webservice created session ?
4. Is there a way to transfer the user to some specific page (like http://xyz.abc/whatever.html) when the session is expired ?
5. Please clarify: session time out (say 2 hours) from salesforce server means when there is no activity going on between salesforce and client for 2 hours

Thanks
How do I transfer the user to salesforce website after the session is created and the session and user IDs are retrieved ?

Basically, I have a login page where the user will input the login and password and after authenticating the credentials (with the help from salesforce webservice) supplied by the user I'd like to transfer the user to salesforce website after login page i.e. the user should not enter the login and password again.

Thanks
Ok. I used axis to create the client proxy files. After compiling all the newly created file when I try to establish the connection, I get the following exception

; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Also, I get the same exception when I use the quickstart.

BTW, I specify the proxy and and port when I run the code.
java -Dhttp.proxyHost=xxxx -Dhttp.proxyPort:#### -jar quickstart.jar quickstart

Am I missing anything ?
Has anybody ever use Sun Java Web Services Pack to create client proxy files from salesforce WSDL ????

I'd like to know how ?
Hi,

I'm trying to generate client proxy files from salesforce wsdl file to connect to salesforce.com.

I have JDK1.4 and Sun Java Web Services Pack configured on solaris (version 9).

When I try to create the client proxy files I get the following error:

invalid element "{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}definitions" in configuration file (line 11)

I used the following command:

wscompile -gen enterprise.wsdl -f:novalidation

It seems like there is something wrong with salesforce wsdl file (enterprise.wsdl.xml) as I'm able to generate client proxy files from Googles' WSDL file to connect to google.com.

Please tell me what to do ????

...and dont recommend me to try use some other third party tools. Sun Web Services Pack 1.4 works for all my other wsdl files.

Thanks.
Hi,

Please tell me what to do:

I get following errors when I try to create the war file from WSDL:

salesforce/sforceGenClient/delete_handler.java [64:1] cannot resolve symbol
symbol : method getParameters ()
_req_parameters = ((javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement)mySOAPElementObj).getParameters();
^
salesforce/sforceGenClient/setPassword_handler.java [64:1] cannot resolve symbol
_req_parameters = ((javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement)mySOAPElementObj).getParameters();
^
salesforce/sforceGenClient/update_handler.java [64:1] cannot resolve symbol
^
salesforce/sforceGenClient/create_handler.java [64:1] cannot resolve symbol
^
salesforce/sforceGenClient/resetPassword_handler.java [64:1] cannot resolve symbol
^
salesforce/sforceGenClient/retrieve_handler.java [64:1] cannot resolve symbol
^
6 errors
Errors compiling.
I need to know if there is a jar file and documentation available to connect to salesforce from a solaris based java app ?

I downloaded the quickstart bundle but that throws the following exception:
; nested exception is:
java.net.UnknownHostException: www.salesforce.com

Basically, I'm looking for a jar file that I can setup with my application to make connection and calls to salesforce. I may have to connect to salesforce from a website as well. So, can someone please throw some light on how it can be accomplished.

Thanks,

..Jean
I need to know if there is a jar file and documentation available to connect to salesforce from a solaris based java app ?

I downloaded the quickstart bundle but that throws the following exception:
; nested exception is:
java.net.UnknownHostException: www.salesforce.com

Basically, I'm looking for a jar file that I can setup with my application to make connection and calls to salesforce. I may have to connect to salesforce from a website as well. So, can someone please throw some light on how it can be accomplished.

Thanks,

..Jean
Does this field get modified automatically when a query is launched via webservice ?

If yes, is there a way to disable this feature for select calls ?

Thanks
Hi, The following exception is thrown by SoapBindingStub.java while establishing connection with Sales Force web service for login. RemoteException: ; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused What could possibly be the reason for this exception ? Thanks, ... Jean
Questions:

1. According to API doc., the default session time out is 2 hour ?
2. Can it be changed ?
3. Does changing the session time out parameter in salesforce for a user have any effect on the session time out for webservice created session ?
4. Is there a way to transfer the user to some specific page (like http://xyz.abc/whatever.html) when the session is expired ?
5. Please clarify: session time out (say 2 hours) from salesforce server means when there is no activity going on between salesforce and client for 2 hours

Thanks
Has anybody ever use Sun Java Web Services Pack to create client proxy files from salesforce WSDL ????

I'd like to know how ?
Hi,

I'm trying to generate client proxy files from salesforce wsdl file to connect to salesforce.com.

I have JDK1.4 and Sun Java Web Services Pack configured on solaris (version 9).

When I try to create the client proxy files I get the following error:

invalid element "{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}definitions" in configuration file (line 11)

I used the following command:

wscompile -gen enterprise.wsdl -f:novalidation

It seems like there is something wrong with salesforce wsdl file (enterprise.wsdl.xml) as I'm able to generate client proxy files from Googles' WSDL file to connect to google.com.

Please tell me what to do ????

...and dont recommend me to try use some other third party tools. Sun Web Services Pack 1.4 works for all my other wsdl files.

Thanks.
I can login using the Getting Started java console example, but I'm not having luck with Tomcat. I created a servlet, but when login is called it keeps getting stuck on RemoteException, but ex.getMessage is always null, so it doesn't tell me what the problem is. I searched google and the message board for days, but I'm completely stuck. Any ideas? Anyone experience this before? Many thanks. ~Samantha

Background:
-- sforce API 4, XP Pro, Tomcat 5.0.18, Axis 1.1, Eclipse 3.0/MyEclipse, jdk 4.0.2.05
-- tried connecting to both: http(s)://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/4.0/
-- Axis libraries were copied to Tomcat's /common/lib
-- tested both http://localhost:8080 & https://localhost:8443 (keytool generated cert was installed). Keep getting the same results. This is not the Handshake problem.

Code segment:

try{
loginResult = binding.login(userName,password);
}
catch(LoginFault ex){
out.println("

Login error: " + ex.getMessage() + "

");
return false;
}

///---PROGRAM DOESN'T GET PAST RemoteException.
///---ex.getMessage() IS ALWAYS NULL

catch(RemoteException ex){
out.println("

Login Remote Host error: " + ex.getMessage() + "

");
return false;
}
////---can't get this far
try{
binding = (SoapBindingStub)
new SforceServiceLocator().getSoap(new URL(loginResult.getServerUrl()));
}