• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

The SFDC Blog had an article on Double Dropdown lists (options on one picklist dependant on the selection made in another picklist) found at http://crmsuccess.blogs.com/crmsuccess/2005/02/dependent_dropd.html
(see "Download double_drop_down_example.txt" for code)

I solved a couple of problems I had when a category had no sub category entries, but I'm having trouble solving a problem with the "Update Case Record" function. When I click the "Save" button, nothing happens. I am getting a status value back from the server of 500 rather than 200.

I understand the Summer release in June will have this functionality, but I need it yesterday.

Anyone have a solution?

Anyone have another version of this double dropdown for opportunities or leads (or a list of changes to make it work for opportunities or leads)?

Besides intermittent data type erros. Right now at 1PM Pacific time I am getting totally different behavior on the describeObject call between using the 5.0 endpoint and the 7.0 endpoint.

Also getting some intermitent connection problems.

Anyone else seeing issues today?
  • March 01, 2006
(Copied from the Perl/PHP board, since it's not language-specific.)

I have some code that has been running successfully against v2.5 of the SOAP API that suddenly stopped working today and instead throws a CURL/SSL error. I also get an error, which I assume I shouldn't, when I simply try to use CURL to access the API server.

Has it moved from na1-api.salesforce.com:443?

$ curl -v https://na1-api.salesforce.com
* About to connect() to na1-api.salesforce.com port 443
* Trying 204.14.234.40... * connected
* Connected to na1-api.salesforce.com (204.14.234.40) port 443
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: /usr/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt
CApath: none
* Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to na1-api.salesforce.com:443
* Closing connection #0
curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to na1-api.salesforce.com:443
Thanks,
Charlie
  • January 30, 2006

The SFDC Blog had an article on Double Dropdown lists (options on one picklist dependant on the selection made in another picklist) found at http://crmsuccess.blogs.com/crmsuccess/2005/02/dependent_dropd.html
(see "Download double_drop_down_example.txt" for code)

I solved a couple of problems I had when a category had no sub category entries, but I'm having trouble solving a problem with the "Update Case Record" function. When I click the "Save" button, nothing happens. I am getting a status value back from the server of 500 rather than 200.

I understand the Summer release in June will have this functionality, but I need it yesterday.

Anyone have a solution?

Anyone have another version of this double dropdown for opportunities or leads (or a list of changes to make it work for opportunities or leads)?

The following information is from a presentation given at the local Dreamforce in Philadelphia on March 3, 2005.

Summer 2005 Release (June ?)

The big four are:

• Custom Tabs and Objects in the Professional and Team Editions â¬? This brings much of the customization and power of the Enterprise Edition down to the lower-priced versions, for no extra cost.
  • Custom Formula Fields â¬? You will be able to create custom fields that are calculations based on other fields. Essentially, the functionality of the formulas will mimic what is available in Excel, so you have both mathematical and logical formulas. The fields, once created, can be used in views, reports, lists, etc.
  • Customizable Standard Related Lists â¬? Standard Related Lists are the lists that appear on detail screens and on the initial screens for things like contacts, leads, opportunities, etc. At present, you can not change the fields that are displayed. In the new version, you can add/remove any available field AND sort on any column.
  • New Offline Edition â¬? The Offline Edition is free with the Enterprise Edition or $25 per user per month for the Professional Edition. Currently, the offline edition downloads data as XML strings. With large amounts of data, this tends to bog things down, so there are limits to the number accounts, accounts, and activities that can be downloaded. Also, you cannot download lead information. In the new offline version, a small SQL engine will be included on your offline machine. This speeds things up, and will provide a ten-fold increase in records across the board. Also, leads and custom objects can be brought offline. To summarize:

Record Type          Current Limit   New Limit

Accounts               500                   5.000

Contacts                4,000                40,000

Opportunities        4,000                40,000

Tasks                     6,000                60,000

Events                    6,000                60,000

Leads                     0                      Not sure

Custom Objects     0                      Not sure

Several other new features were mentioned briefly, but without as much the details as the previous four. The list is:

• Salesforce
    • Customizable Forecasts â¬? no details.
    • Address Cleanup Tools â¬? no specifics.
    • â¬?ORâ¬? List View filter â¬? Same type of advanced filter available now in reports.
    • Territory Realignment Tools â¬? No details.
    • Sales Methodology Integration â¬? Improved Miller-Heinman and some other, unnamed, new ones.
    • New Outlook Edition â¬? No details.
    • Exception Highlighting â¬? Ability to flag values in a report that are too high or too low.
  • SupportForce
    • Email-to-case â¬? no details.
    • Style Sheet Editor â¬? no details.
  • Sforce
    • Bulk data loader â¬? Will allow the uploading of opportunities, cases, etc.
    • Offline API â¬? This will allow the offline version to access other data and tools on the offline computer.
    • Single sign on/Delegated Authentication â¬? Will permit logons to be authenticated by a Windows logon.
    • Self Service API â¬? No details.