• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I just want to create a record in an object when i click button on the detail page.I have made the logic in an Apex class and calling the method by using javascript. Please see the following code

try
{
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/10.0/connection.js")}
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/10.0/apex.js")}

var opportunityName ="{!Opportunity.Id}";
   alert("Hi");
   alert(opportunityName);
   sforce.apex.execute("QuoteToOrderConverterController","QuoteToOrderConverter", {a:opportunityName});
}
 catch(e)
{
alert("Error while converting from Quote to Order");
}

Here it 's showing Error as  {faultcode: 'soapenv:client', faultString: ' No Operation available for request {http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/package/QuoteToOrderConverterController}QuoteToOrderConverter,please checkthe WSDL for the Service.' ,}

Please assist.

Thanks in advance.

With S-Controls soon to be deprecated, we're in the process of converting all of the S-Control content in our AppExchange package to Visualforce.  The only question is what to do with "snippet" S-Controls.  In particular, we have one snippet that contains the URL of a web application that we link to.  Then, in a custom button or link, we can use the INCLUDE() function to reference the URL, e.g.

https://{!INCLUDE($SControl.My_URL)}/Command.aspx?ServerID={!$Api.Partner_Server_URL_130}&SessionID={!$Api.Session_ID}

If we need to change the URL for any reason -- typically, when moving from a test/prerelease version of the external app to production, and vice-versa -- we update the Snippet and all of our links update automatically.

What's the best practice here?  Will "snippet" S-Controls and the INCLUDE() function be deprecated, or live on?  Is there a different approach?
  • August 27, 2009
Marketsync, Inc., a growing, VC-backed AppExchange partner company, seeks an experienced software engineer to develop and extend a commercial software-as-a-service application. Our flagship product, direcTouch™, is a unique solution which tightly integrates with Salesforce to automate the generation, delivery and tracking of one-to-one correspondence for sales professionals. direcTouch is shipping on the AppExchange today -- we're a "staff pick" and earn consistent five-star reviews from a loyal and growing customer base.

This position represents an outstanding ground floor opportunity to help set product direction across a broad range of new technologies. You must be comfortable working on all layers of the architecture from database to service layer to user interface, and must be experienced in all areas of the software development life cycle. Five or more years of professional development experience, exceptional customer focus, and tolerance for both the excitement and challenges of a startup environment are required. This direct-hire, full-time position is based at our offices in Kirkland, Washington and reports directly to the CTO.

Responsibilities

• Produce high-quality finished work in a fast-paced, agile development environment, including managing and prioritizing your own workload.
  • Design, implement and deliver new features and enhancements defined by customer needs.
  • Research, evaluate, recommend and implement technologies that extend the value of our product.
  • Work directly with customers as required to identify and understand needs and use cases and respond to escalated issues.
  • Create accurate resource estimates for development activities.
  • Prepare useful documentation to guide coding, testing, operations and maintenance, including specifications and test plans.
  • Collaborate with technical and business team members to drive closure on key decisions.

Qualifications

• BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field is mandatory for consideration.
  • Minimum 5 years commercial software development experience on Microsoft platforms.
  • Prior delivery of “cloud computing” solutions; SaaS / on-demand / multi-tenant architecture.
  • Understanding of Agile development practices.
  • Passion for writing robust and scalable code, with strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the quality of released software.
  • Track record of stable, long-term employment.

Technologies

• salesforce.com, force.com web services API, Apex, Visualforce; ExactTarget APIs
  • SOAP, XML, XSLT, CSS, XHTML, JavaScript
  • C#, T-SQL, ASP.net 2.0-3.5, SQL Server 2005-2008, IIS 6.0-7.0, Windows Server 2003-2008

Benefits

The Marketsync team is smart, hard-working, fun and diverse. We provide an excellent compensation and benefits package including comprehensive health care coverage, stock options, a Company-sponsored 401(k) plan, and ongoing training and professional development opportunities.

Next Steps

Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to jobs@marketsync.com, referencing “Senior Software Engineer” in the subject line, or follow up with Bill at 425-814-3900 x102.

• July 15, 2009

I just installed the Winter '09 Force.com IDE for Eclipse 3.3.2 on Windows XP.  I'm able to successfully create a Force.com project, connect to the service, and download the contents of a package.  But, when I try to access the Schema Browser, I get a dialog with the following error:

Unable to open Schema Browser

Reason: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

I also get a series of errors in the Forec.com IDE Log Viewer:

WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:06,069] (ProjectService.java:getForceProject:1595) - Unable to get credentials.  Credential map was not returned.
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:06,085] (BaseBuilder.java:checkSkipBuilder:77) - Skipping build - user credentials not found
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:16,428] (ProjectService.java:getForceProject:1595) - Unable to get credentials.  Credential map was not returned.
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:16,694] (BaseRetryAspect.java:isLoginExceptionRetryable:94) - Login evaluation deemed exception not retry-able:
 LoginFault: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:16,694] (BaseRetryAspect.java:isConnectionExceptionRetryable:130) - Connection evaluation deemed exception not retry-able:
ERROR [2009-02-24 10:56:16,709] (SchemaBrowser.java:createPages:172) - Unable to open Schema Browser
com.salesforce.ide.core.remote.InvalidLoginException: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Now, I know that the user isn't locked out because I just downloaded the package contents, and downloading again works successfully.  It's only the Schema Browser that presents a problem.

I also checked the Login History in the Salesforce org that I'm trying to connect to, and I see one successful login followed by a failed login.

x@x.x
2/24/2009 11:26:37 AM PST173.10.72.158Partner ProductInvalid PasswordJava (Salesforce.com)UnknownApex PluginN/ASOAP Partner15.0
x@x.x
2/24/2009 11:25:02 AM PST173.10.72.158Partner ProductSuccessJava (Salesforce.com)UnknownApex PluginN/A

I am not using a Security Token since I am connecting via a trusted IP address.

Any idea what's going on or how to fix?

• February 24, 2009
In the 14.0 API, SOQL seems to return inconsistent results for date fields such as "BirthDate" and "LastActivityDate."

For example, I've submitted this query via both the Data Loader and the API directly:

Code:
SELECT Id, Contact.FirstName, Contact.LastActivityDate, Contact.BirthDate
FROM CampaignMember
WHERE CampaignId = '70120000000Edd4AAC' and ContactId != NULL

In both cases, no value is returned for the LastActivityDate and BirthDate fields, even though I can verify that these fields are populated in the UI for the contacts returned.  If I examine the XML returned from the API, I find

Code:
<sf:LastActivityDate xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:sf="urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com" />

so Salesforce is definitely returning a null value for this field; it's not a parsing problem.

If I remove the "relationship" part of the query and just query against one of the contacts directly

Code:
SELECT Id, FirstName, BirthDate, LastActivityDate
FROM Contact
WHERE Contact.Id = '0032000000HaHxf'

BirthDate is returned correctly, but not LastActivityDate.

Any idea what's going on?  The objective of the original query was to return a list of campaign member names, addresses, and the last activity date for the contact or lead.  I can retrieve other, non-date fields from contacts and leads just fine.

Message Edited by billk on 11-24-2008 01:52 PM
  • November 24, 2008

Marketsync, Inc. is seeking a proven, high energy Software Development Engineer to join our team.

Our flagship product, direcTouch™, is a unique software-as-a-service solution which automates the generation, delivery and tracking of one-to-one correspondence for sales professionals via a tight integration with salesforce.com. We seek a customer-focused engineer to take a leading role in enhancing our solution.

You’ll write code from the user interface to the database and application logic layers and help evolve the solution architecture. This position represents an outstanding ground floor opportunity to help set product direction across a broad range of new technologies and systems including web services, SOA and business process management.

We are an established company and have been on the AppExchange since it launched in 2006.  We're shipping a product that earns rave reviews from our customers. We have just completed a round of financing, enabling us to rapidly grow sales and continue to enhance our product. This direct-hire, full-time position reports directly to the CTO, and is based at our offices in Kirkland, Washington, just outside Seattle.

Responsibilities

• Produce high-quality finished work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, including managing and prioritizing your own workload.
  • Design, implement and deliver new features and system enhancements defined by market needs.
  • Research, evaluate, recommend and implement technologies that represent valuable extensions to our customer experience.
  • Work directly with customers as required to identify and understand needs and use cases and respond to escalated issues.
  • Create accurate resource estimates for development activities.
  • Prepare useful documentation to guide coding, testing, operations and maintenance, including specifications and test plans.
  • Collaborate with technical and business team members to drive closure on key decisions.

Qualifications

A track record of stable, long-term employment and a 4-year college degree are mandatory for consideration. In addition, the successful candidate will have:

• BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field.
  • A passion for writing robust and scalable code, with strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the quality of released software.
  • Expertise with the force.com web services API and development for the AppExchange.
  • At least 5 years current software development experience on Microsoft platforms including ASP.net 2.0, C#, XML and IIS 6.0.
  • Familiarity with the ExactTarget e-mail application and its APIs is a bonus.

Benefits

The Marketsync team is smart, hard-working, fun and diverse. We provide an excellent compensation and benefits package including comprehensive health care coverage, stock options, a Company-sponsored 401(k) plan, and ongoing training and professional development opportunities.

Next Steps

Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to jobs@marketsync.com, referencing “Senior Software Engineer” in the subject line, or follow up with Bill at 425-814-3900 x102.

• September 30, 2008

We're creating a Multiforce application that depends on an external partner application writing updates to custom objects at regular intervals (overnight, several times per day, etc.). What's the best way to set this up?

The partner application is being written in .net and uses the Partner API.  When used interactively, there's no problem; we can pass a valid SessionID in the URL.  The challenge comes when the partner app needs to "wake up" and proactively write updates to the Salesforce organization.

One option would be to store a user ID and password for our organization in the external application, but that creates a whole host of issues, security being just the first one. Are there any other/better alternatives?

Bill

• July 13, 2005

I am using .NET and the v4.0 enterprise API to create an application that keeps a local copy of my organization's Accounts, Contacts, etc.

I've discovered that the salesforce "API" time (as returned by GetServerTimeStamp) differs from the time shown in the interactive Salesforce UI by about 5 minutes.  This causes problems with getUpdate and other calls that depend on a date range.

For example, if I update an Account using the live site, the "last modified date" will be displayed as 11:08 AM.  If I then immediately run GetServerTimeStamp, it returns 11:03 AM.  I would expect the two times to be the same.

When a user inserts or updates information in Salesforce (for example, an address), it's important that the information appear rapidly in the local copy of the data that our systems use.  We're polling every 5 minutes or so, and this time discrepancy is causing changes to be missed.  The API thinks that the changes haven't happened yet!

I can create a hack solution by just adding ~5 minutes to the EndDate of my GetUpdated call, but that could potentially create a lot of duplicate work -- each call would overlap the last one by 5 minutes.  I'm wondering if there is a reason for the time discrepancy between the servers, or if there is a cleaner solution?

Bill

• September 17, 2004

Hi,

I just want to create a record in an object when i click button on the detail page.I have made the logic in an Apex class and calling the method by using javascript. Please see the following code

try
{
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/10.0/connection.js")}
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/10.0/apex.js")}

var opportunityName ="{!Opportunity.Id}";
   alert("Hi");
   alert(opportunityName);
   sforce.apex.execute("QuoteToOrderConverterController","QuoteToOrderConverter", {a:opportunityName});
}
 catch(e)
{
alert("Error while converting from Quote to Order");
}

Here it 's showing Error as  {faultcode: 'soapenv:client', faultString: ' No Operation available for request {http://soap.sforce.com/schemas/package/QuoteToOrderConverterController}QuoteToOrderConverter,please checkthe WSDL for the Service.' ,}

Please assist.

Thanks in advance.

I just installed the Winter '09 Force.com IDE for Eclipse 3.3.2 on Windows XP.  I'm able to successfully create a Force.com project, connect to the service, and download the contents of a package.  But, when I try to access the Schema Browser, I get a dialog with the following error:

Unable to open Schema Browser

Reason: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

I also get a series of errors in the Forec.com IDE Log Viewer:

WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:06,069] (ProjectService.java:getForceProject:1595) - Unable to get credentials.  Credential map was not returned.
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:06,085] (BaseBuilder.java:checkSkipBuilder:77) - Skipping build - user credentials not found
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:16,428] (ProjectService.java:getForceProject:1595) - Unable to get credentials.  Credential map was not returned.
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:16,694] (BaseRetryAspect.java:isLoginExceptionRetryable:94) - Login evaluation deemed exception not retry-able:
 WARN [2009-02-24 10:56:16,694] (BaseRetryAspect.java:isConnectionExceptionRetryable:130) - Connection evaluation deemed exception not retry-able:
ERROR [2009-02-24 10:56:16,709] (SchemaBrowser.java:createPages:172) - Unable to open Schema Browser
com.salesforce.ide.core.remote.InvalidLoginException: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Now, I know that the user isn't locked out because I just downloaded the package contents, and downloading again works successfully.  It's only the Schema Browser that presents a problem.

I also checked the Login History in the Salesforce org that I'm trying to connect to, and I see one successful login followed by a failed login.

x@x.x
2/24/2009 11:26:37 AM PST173.10.72.158Partner ProductInvalid PasswordJava (Salesforce.com)UnknownApex PluginN/ASOAP Partner15.0
x@x.x
2/24/2009 11:25:02 AM PST173.10.72.158Partner ProductSuccessJava (Salesforce.com)UnknownApex PluginN/A

I am not using a Security Token since I am connecting via a trusted IP address.

Any idea what's going on or how to fix?

• February 24, 2009
In the 14.0 API, SOQL seems to return inconsistent results for date fields such as "BirthDate" and "LastActivityDate."

For example, I've submitted this query via both the Data Loader and the API directly:

Code:
SELECT Id, Contact.FirstName, Contact.LastActivityDate, Contact.BirthDate
FROM CampaignMember
WHERE CampaignId = '70120000000Edd4AAC' and ContactId != NULL

In both cases, no value is returned for the LastActivityDate and BirthDate fields, even though I can verify that these fields are populated in the UI for the contacts returned.  If I examine the XML returned from the API, I find

Code:
<sf:LastActivityDate xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:sf="urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com" />

so Salesforce is definitely returning a null value for this field; it's not a parsing problem.

If I remove the "relationship" part of the query and just query against one of the contacts directly

Code:
SELECT Id, FirstName, BirthDate, LastActivityDate
FROM Contact
WHERE Contact.Id = '0032000000HaHxf'

BirthDate is returned correctly, but not LastActivityDate.

Any idea what's going on?  The objective of the original query was to return a list of campaign member names, addresses, and the last activity date for the contact or lead.  I can retrieve other, non-date fields from contacts and leads just fine.

Message Edited by billk on 11-24-2008 01:52 PM
  • November 24, 2008
Hi,

I tried to install own package into my development Account.
The link for the app is Link

But got an error in the end as shown below.

"Install Failed"

"Your requested install failed. Please try this again."

"None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error."

"If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1632158128-107 (518307125)"

Can anybody clarify this issue?

Thanks,
Sarasvati

I am using .NET and the v4.0 enterprise API to create an application that keeps a local copy of my organization's Accounts, Contacts, etc.

I've discovered that the salesforce "API" time (as returned by GetServerTimeStamp) differs from the time shown in the interactive Salesforce UI by about 5 minutes.  This causes problems with getUpdate and other calls that depend on a date range.

For example, if I update an Account using the live site, the "last modified date" will be displayed as 11:08 AM.  If I then immediately run GetServerTimeStamp, it returns 11:03 AM.  I would expect the two times to be the same.

When a user inserts or updates information in Salesforce (for example, an address), it's important that the information appear rapidly in the local copy of the data that our systems use.  We're polling every 5 minutes or so, and this time discrepancy is causing changes to be missed.  The API thinks that the changes haven't happened yet!

I can create a hack solution by just adding ~5 minutes to the EndDate of my GetUpdated call, but that could potentially create a lot of duplicate work -- each call would overlap the last one by 5 minutes.  I'm wondering if there is a reason for the time discrepancy between the servers, or if there is a cleaner solution?

Bill

• September 17, 2004

Is there a limit to the number of records that the getUpdated method can return?

If this limit is 2000, say, and a change occurs, such as changing a picklist value of a field, which affects more than this number is a very short time span, how should this be handled?

There doesn't appear to be a similar method to queryMore, so looping to retrieve all changes or setting a smaller batch size is not an option here.

My thanks for any advice.

Brian