• 10 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a requirement to produce an application that allows a user to select a series of slides and generate a combined PPT with the selections. Additionally, several of the slides require merge data from a custom object prior to being merged. I know Salesforce Content used ot have a feature that allows for slide selections. I believe the code was Adobe Flex based. 

Does anyone know if this code is accessible anywhere or if not, does anyone know of any JQuery or other extensions that could help with this requirement? 

• July 06, 2012

I'm working on a cool project where the customer wants to build a universal search that will query across several things in Salesforce including custom objects and Salesforce content. Has anyone built any universal search that references content and standard/custom objects before in the past? 

• November 11, 2010

Hey There.

I have a quick question regarding CTI Click-to-dial within a listcomponent on a VisualForce page.

We're going to have a custom object called Expert to Case which creates a many-to-many relationship on between contacts and Cases. The related list called "In Network Experts" is a custom related list (need to build several hovers and inline editing within the list which is why I'm building custom related lists). On the list I'll have basic contact information including contact name, email, and phone number.

My question is, on the phone number field, will it become active for Click-to-call functionality if the customer has installed the CTI connector? If not, can I make it active? If it becomes active and I click on the number, is there a way I can have the activity be logged with the WHOID = Contact and WHATID = Case?

Let me know if anyone has any nifty ideas around this.

Thanks,

Rich

• May 19, 2010

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on a pretty insane project right now that has a very cool requirement. Basically, we're building a very content rich customer portal. For every user of the portal, we need to track exactly what Salesforce content they downloaded, links clicked on etc.

I don't believe Salesforce content API exposes downloads outside of internal Salesforce users so I was considering building a click tracking module for my customer portal. If I'm going to do this, now I need a place to store all the data that we're capturing from customer portal sessions. A few options I'm considering:

A. Salesforce.com record for every click/download/etc - While this will be the easiest to write the reports the client wants, I'm hosed on data storage as the site has potentially thousands of users clicking everywhere.

B. Create one salesforce.com record per authenticated session and store all of the clicks in a comma separated text area long field.

C. Setup a MYSQL database over on AWS and capture this data here. I'll have to then write my consumption reports by looking at AWS and SFDC but the store capacity is far greater than what we have at Salesforce.

If anyone has ever built something like this before or has any suggestions on how to proceed, please do let me know.

Thanks!

• April 18, 2010

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on a pretty insane project right now that has a very cool requirement. Basically, we're building a very content rich customer portal. For every user of the portal, we need to track exactly what Salesforce content they downloaded, links clicked on etc.

I don't believe Salesforce content API exposes downloads outside of internal Salesforce users so I was considering building a click tracking module for my customer portal. If I'm going to do this, now I need a place to store all the data that we're capturing from customer portal sessions. A few options I'm considering:

A. Salesforce.com record for every click/download/etc - While this will be the easiest to write the reports the client wants, I'm hosed on data storage as the site has potentially thousands of users clicking everywhere.

B. Create one salesforce.com record per authenticated session and store all of the clicks in a comma separated text area long field.

C. Setup a MYSQL database over on AWS and capture this data here. I'll have to then write my consumption reports by looking at AWS and SFDC but the store capacity is far greater than what we have at Salesforce.

If anyone has ever built something like this before or has any suggestions on how to proceed, please do let me know.

Thanks!

• April 18, 2010

Aetheros is a Salesforce.com Select Implementation Partner with offices in  SoHo, New York City. We are currently seeking 2 admins in the New York Metro area for full time and contract to hire positions. Please see description below: 

Salesforce.com Admin

Salesforce admins will be responsible for assisting project managers in configuring Salesforce.com to support client implementations.

Skills 

• Mimimum 1 Year Salesforce.com Admin experience (required)
  • Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications - Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint (required)
  • Experience with APEX data loader 
  • Experience with Force.com development (apex code, visualforce, etc) a plus
  • Excellent Oral and Written communication skills 

To apply, please send resume and cover letter to rich@aetheroscrm.com. 

Message Edited by RRES on 01-07-2010 06:01 PM
  • January 07, 2010
Aetheros is a Salesforce.com Select Implementation Partner with offices in  SoHo, New York City. We are currently seeking 2 consultants in the New York Metro area for contract to hire work. Please see description below: 

Senior Salesforce.com Project Manager 
The Salesforce.com project manager is responsible for end-to-end implementation delivery including business process reeingineering, detailed requirements gathering, application configuration, and end user training. 

Skills
  • We are looking for individuals who possess the following skills: 
  • 2-3+ years project management experience (required) 
  • 2-3+ years Salesforce.com customization and administration experience (required) 
  • 2+ year of Salesforce.com consulting experience (recommended) 
  • Excellent oral and written communication skills 
  • In-depth understanding of the Force.com platform and all Salesforce.com related features and functionality 
  • Salesforce.com Certified Admin a MUST 
  • Experience managing multiple consulting engagements at a time 
  • Some development experience is a plus 
  • Experience in Financial Services industry, specifically Insurance (brokerage side), Investment Banking, Private Equity, Wealth Management.

To apply, please send email with resume and cover letter to rich@aetheroscrm.com. 

3rd party consulting firms need not apply.  
Message Edited by RRES on 01-07-2010 06:03 PM
  • January 07, 2010

Sorry for the repost but I could really use a response to one of these post from someone at Salesforce. The feature was released in Winter '10 and even included in part of the demo. Can someone at Salesforce please post the method in which this can be accomplished.  

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=apex&thread.id=21098

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=apex&message.id=20946 

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&message.id=17224 

• October 23, 2009

I have a strange formula field issue. I create two formula fields:

IF(Product__r.MSRP__c > Product__r.Amazon_Price__c , Product__r.Amazon_Price__c *0.99,
IF(Product__r.Amazon_Price__c > Product__r.MSRP__c, Product__r.MSRP__c*0.99,
IF(ISNULL(Product__r.MSRP__c ),Product__r.Amazon_Price__c*0.99,
IF(ISNULL(Product__r.Amazon_Price__c),Product__r.MSRP__c*0.99,
IF(Product__r.Amazon_Price__c = Product__r.MSRP__c,Product__r.MSRP__c*0.99,NULL )))))

Product__r.MSRP__c and Product__r.Amazon_Price__c are both currency fields.

The other formula is:

ROUND((Initial_OpenSky_Price__c - Drop_Ship_Fee__c), 0.01)

The second formula compiles fine however when I change the ROUND to CEILING I get the following error:

Formula(s) that reference this field are no longer valid: Compiled formula is too big to execute (7,633 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters

I'm not quite sure what the issue ishere. If any one has any ideas please let me know. Thanks, Rich. 

• October 23, 2009

Does anyone know how to use setContentType and setInline methods on EmailFileAttachment? There is no documentation on code usage in the Winter 10 Release notes.

I'm trying to send an iCal invite from Apex. I would think the MIME content type would be text/Calendar but I'm not sure how to set that.

Thanks,
Rich 

• October 03, 2009
I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this one. Is there a way to set the MIME type of an email sent via APEX? Additionally, I'll want to generate and attach an ICS file with meeting invite details. The ICS file is pretty much a txt file so that shouldn't be that tricky. Has anyone tried this before?
  • June 09, 2009

I'm using LMA to modify a license for a new customer and since the new update I'm getting the following error:

Page ModifyLicense does not exist

I need this fixed ASAP or I can't provision licenses for my apps. Any ideas?!

Message Edited by RRES on 06-09-2009 10:12 AM
  • June 09, 2009
I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this one. Is there a way to set the MIME type of an email sent via APEX? Additionally, I'll want to generate and attach an ICS file with meeting invite details. The ICS file is pretty much a txt file so that shouldn't be that tricky. Has anyone tried this before?
  • June 05, 2009

I setup a new demo org for an appexchange application. The license was succesfully created in my LMO. I noticed the license expired and the demo isn't working. I went into the license record in my LMO and updated the expiration date, license status, and record type. The license info is not updated in the demo org. 

Am I doing something wrong? Please help! 

• May 21, 2009
I have a VF page with several multi select picklists. For some reason some of the multi picklists are to small to show the values for available or required. The values are only one character but still they should show up. Here is a screenshot and code. Does anyone know anyway to fix this?

Code:
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Cosmetic Smile Enhancement" >
          <apex:inputField id="CosmeticSmileEnhancement" value="{!SoS_Case__c.Cosmetic_Smile_Enhancement__c}"/>

<apex:inputField id="CSUpperFullArchMolar1" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Upper_Full_Arch_Molar_1__c}"/>
          <apex:inputField id="CSUpperFullArchMolar2" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Upper_Full_Arch_Molar_2__c}"/>
          <apex:inputField id="CSLowerFullArchMolar1" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Lower_Full_Arch_Molar_1__c}" />
          <apex:inputField id="CSLowerFullArchMolar2" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Lower_Full_Arch_Molar_2__c}"/>
          <apex:inputField id="CSRaisegingivalmarginonteeth" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Raise_gingival_margin_on_teeth__c}" />
          <apex:inputField id="CSRaisegingivalmarginby" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Raise_gingival_margin_by__c}" />
          <apex:inputField id="CSIncreaseIncisalLengthonTeeth" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Increase_Incisal_Length_on_Teeth__c}"/>
          <apex:inputField id="CSIncreaseIncisalLengthBy" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Increase_Incisal_Length_By__c}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>

Thanks,
Rich
  • October 29, 2008
Hey Everyone,

I am trying to create a hyperlink field on a custom object record that can be engaged from an Enhanced view. The purpose of the link is to create a new billing record that is related to a job, then close the window upon saving. Here is my URL:

HYPERLINK("/a09/e?CF00N40000001pOua=" & Name & "CF00N40000001pOua_lkid=" & Id & "saveURL=javascript:self.close()", "Create Bill")

Upon clicking the link I get the following message:

Cross-site Scripting
Possible cross site scripting attempt detected.

Is there anyway I can modify the link above so I can close the window upon save? Also how would I format the URL to open a new window? I tried appending _blank to the end of the URL and it doesn't validate.
  • August 27, 2008

Business Endurance Solutions is a Salesforce.com Select Implementation Partner with offices in New York City and Long Island. We are currently seeking consultants in the New York Metro area for full time and contract work. Please see descriptions below:

Salesforce.com Engagement Manger/Business Systems Analyst

The Salesforce.com engagement manager is responsible for end-to-end project delivery.  This is a work-from-home position.

We are looking for individuals who possess the following skills:

·         1+ years project management experience (required)

·         1+ years Salesforce.com customization and administration experience (required)

·         1+ year of Salesforce.com consulting experience (recommended)

·         Excellent oral and written communication skills

·         In-depth understanding of the Force.com platform and all Salesforce.com related features and functionality

·         SFDC Level 1 Certification (recommended)

·         Experience managing multiple consulting engagements at a time

Please email jobs@businessendurance.net if you are interested. Thanks!

If

• May 07, 2008
Hey Everyone,

I thought there used to be a specific message board for TAPI but I don't see it anymore. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has edited or created a new softphone interface that allows users to update custom and standard fields from the phone component, similar to recording the comments of a phone call in the area provided. Any direction on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich
  • April 17, 2008
Hey Everyone,

I have created a formula field to calculate when leads require a phone call. Basically once a leads responds to a campaign, they require a call. An scontrol automatically populates the date field for Last_Call__c, then the formula below will compare the fields to see if a call is required. The formula works fine except when the Last_Call__c field is blank. I added the second line of code to try and fix this. It should look to see if the Last_Call__c field is blank and the Last_Campaign_Date__c is not, then show a "No call since last campaign response" alert. It doesnt give an error however the logic doesnt work correctly. Any ideas on what I can do?

IF( Last_Conversation__c  <  Last_Campaign_Date__c , "No conversation since last campaign response",
IF ( AND( Last_Call__c  = null, Last_Campaign_Date__c  <> null), "No call since last campaign response",    
IF( Last_Call__c   <  Last_Campaign_Date__c, "No call since last campaign response",null
)
)
)

Thanks,
Rich
  • January 22, 2008
Can I use license manager to manage the subscription and trial of a native salesforce.com application I've built? The bulk of the application is an s-control so I'd want to prevent access to the s-control if the user does not activate their subscription. Is this possible?

I was attempting to manage licensing internally but because the product is an s-control I was forced to enable cross domain scripting in order to write back subscription information to my server. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to do this?

Thanks.
  • October 19, 2007
  • June 05, 2009

Hey There.

I have a quick question regarding CTI Click-to-dial within a listcomponent on a VisualForce page.

We're going to have a custom object called Expert to Case which creates a many-to-many relationship on between contacts and Cases. The related list called "In Network Experts" is a custom related list (need to build several hovers and inline editing within the list which is why I'm building custom related lists). On the list I'll have basic contact information including contact name, email, and phone number.

My question is, on the phone number field, will it become active for Click-to-call functionality if the customer has installed the CTI connector? If not, can I make it active? If it becomes active and I click on the number, is there a way I can have the activity be logged with the WHOID = Contact and WHATID = Case?

Let me know if anyone has any nifty ideas around this.

Thanks,

Rich

• May 19, 2010

Hey Everyone,

Thanks!

• April 18, 2010

We're trying to send out ICS attachments for calendar requests, but we can't seem to get this new feature to work correctly.

Are there any examples in apex to use these changes?

Are there any special configuration changes necessary?

Does anyone know how to use setContentType and setInline methods on EmailFileAttachment? There is no documentation on code usage in the Winter 10 Release notes.

I'm trying to send an iCal invite from Apex. I would think the MIME content type would be text/Calendar but I'm not sure how to set that.

Thanks,
Rich 

• October 03, 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working with customer portal, don't know if this also happens outside of Customer Portal, but when I have a paramter in the url that has double underscore, suchas as theparam=thevalue__x, I get an Insufficient Privileges Error.This was not happening yesterday...

Any idea on why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

• June 05, 2009
I have a VF page with several multi select picklists. For some reason some of the multi picklists are to small to show the values for available or required. The values are only one character but still they should show up. Here is a screenshot and code. Does anyone know anyway to fix this?

Code:
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Cosmetic Smile Enhancement" >
          <apex:inputField id="CosmeticSmileEnhancement" value="{!SoS_Case__c.Cosmetic_Smile_Enhancement__c}"/>

<apex:inputField id="CSUpperFullArchMolar1" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Upper_Full_Arch_Molar_1__c}"/>
          <apex:inputField id="CSUpperFullArchMolar2" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Upper_Full_Arch_Molar_2__c}"/>
          <apex:inputField id="CSLowerFullArchMolar1" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Lower_Full_Arch_Molar_1__c}" />
          <apex:inputField id="CSLowerFullArchMolar2" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Lower_Full_Arch_Molar_2__c}"/>
          <apex:inputField id="CSRaisegingivalmarginonteeth" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Raise_gingival_margin_on_teeth__c}" />
          <apex:inputField id="CSRaisegingivalmarginby" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Raise_gingival_margin_by__c}" />
          <apex:inputField id="CSIncreaseIncisalLengthonTeeth" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Increase_Incisal_Length_on_Teeth__c}"/>
          <apex:inputField id="CSIncreaseIncisalLengthBy" value="{!SoS_Case__c.CS_Increase_Incisal_Length_By__c}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>

Thanks,
Rich
  • October 29, 2008
Looking to create a custom application with an excel like page where you can type in multiple records at one time. 

Please contact me at mmccauley@blockinc.com

Thanks,
Mark McCauley
  • September 17, 2008
Hey Everyone,

I have created a formula field to calculate when leads require a phone call. Basically once a leads responds to a campaign, they require a call. An scontrol automatically populates the date field for Last_Call__c, then the formula below will compare the fields to see if a call is required. The formula works fine except when the Last_Call__c field is blank. I added the second line of code to try and fix this. It should look to see if the Last_Call__c field is blank and the Last_Campaign_Date__c is not, then show a "No call since last campaign response" alert. It doesnt give an error however the logic doesnt work correctly. Any ideas on what I can do?

IF( Last_Conversation__c  <  Last_Campaign_Date__c , "No conversation since last campaign response",
IF ( AND( Last_Call__c  = null, Last_Campaign_Date__c  <> null), "No call since last campaign response",    
IF( Last_Call__c   <  Last_Campaign_Date__c, "No call since last campaign response",null
)
)
)

Thanks,
Rich
  • January 22, 2008
 I am looking for some quick help is some basic hand holding and minor customization of the basic sfdc screens.

I have a small insurance agency that I need to track new agents, their training miles stones, and their weekly insurance applications.

I do not want these agents to be users or sales reps with their own log in to sfdc.

As I hire them, I need to be able to quickly see their current licensing and training progress, then one they are selling, to be able to track a few details from each application they submit.

My agents are set up in a multi tiered system based on the commission level, so the ability to see their downline agents is crucial.

Please contact me for more details.

Message Edited by hep2djive on 01-01-2008 07:12 AM
Hi, I dont write code, just do the more basic customization of SF, however, I have a customer who needs a calendar exchange code. To explain, if they enter a standard date field, they need a link to display the jewish Calendar date for that day, month, year. (it changes every year and repeats itself every 19 years)
i actually have a jave code sample that does this, i'm not sure how to integrate it into a SF instance. The code is as follows:
can anyone help me out as to what merge fields/functions to input to tell it to display that particular date in the hebrew date.  Feel free to use the code as stated below, the site to donate or contact the developer is below as well.
thank you!!
Hudi Falik

/* kdate.js - Kaluach Javascript Hebrew date routines
 *   Version 0.03 (beta release)
 * Copyright (C) 5760 (2000 CE), by Abu Mami and Yisrael Hersch.
 *   All Rights Reserved.
 *   All copyright notices in this script must be left intact.
 * Based on the formula by Gauss
 * Terms of use:
 *   - Permission will be granted to use this script on personal
 *     web pages. All that's required is that you please ask.
 *     (Of course if you want to send a few dollars, that's OK too :-)
 *   - Use on commercial web sites requires a $50 payment.
 * email: abu-mami@kaluach.net
 */

function makeArray() {
    this[0] = makeArray.arguments.length;
    for (i = 0; i < makeArray.arguments.length; i = i + 1)
        this[i+1] = makeArray.arguments[i];
}

var hebMonth = new makeArray(
    'Nisan', 'Iyyar', 'Sivan', 'Tammuz', 'Av', 'Elul',
    'Tishrei', 'Cheshvan', 'Kislev', 'Tevet', 'Shevat',
    'Adar', 'Adar I', 'Adar II');

var civMonth = new makeArray(
    'January', 'February', 'March', 'April', 'May', 'June',
    'July', 'August', 'September', 'October', 'November', 'December');

var weekDay = new makeArray(
    'Sun', 'Mon', 'Tues', 'Wed', 'Thur', 'Fri', 'Shabbat');

function Gauss(year) {
    var a,b,c;
    var m;
    var    Mar;    // "day in March" on which Pesach falls (return value)

a = Math.floor((12 * year + 17) % 19);
    b = Math.floor(year % 4);
    m = 32.044093161144 + 1.5542417966212 * a +  b / 4.0 - 0.0031777940220923 * year;
    if (m < 0)
        m -= 1;
    Mar = Math.floor(m);
    if (m < 0)
        m++;
    m -= Mar;

c = Math.floor((Mar + 3 * year + 5 * b + 5) % 7);
    if(c == 0 && a > 11 && m >= 0.89772376543210 )
        Mar++;
    else if(c == 1 && a > 6 && m >= 0.63287037037037)
        Mar += 2;
    else if(c == 2 || c == 4 || c == 6)
        Mar++;

Mar += Math.floor((year - 3760) / 100) - Math.floor((year - 3760) / 400) - 2;
    return Mar;
}

function leap(y) {
    return ((y % 400 == 0) || (y % 100 != 0 && y % 4 == 0));
}

function civMonthLength(month, year) {
    if(month == 2)
        return 28 + leap(year);
    else if(month == 4 || month == 6 || month == 9 || month == 11)
       return 30;
    else
        return 31;
}

function civ2heb(day, month, year) {
    var d = day;
    var    m = month;
    var y = year;
    var hy;
    var pesach;
    var anchor;
    var adarType;

m -= 2;
    if (m <= 0) { // Jan or Feb
        m += 12;
        y -= 1;
    }

d += Math.floor(7 * m / 12 + 30 * (m - 1)); // day in March
    hy = y + 3760;    // get Hebrew year
    pesach = Gauss(hy);
    if (d <= pesach - 15) { // before 1 Nisan
        anchor = pesach;
        d += 365;
        if(leap(y))
            d++;
        y -= 1;
        hy -= 1;
        pesach = Gauss(hy);
    }
    else
        anchor = Gauss(hy + 1);

d -= pesach - 15;
    anchor -= pesach - 12;
    y++;
    if(leap(y))
        anchor++;

for(m = 0; m < 11; m++) {
        var days;
        if(m == 7 && anchor % 30 == 2)
            days = 30; // Cheshvan
        else if(m == 8 && anchor % 30 == 0)
            days = 29; // Kislev
        else
            days = 30 - m % 2;
        if(d <= days)
            break;
        d -= days;
    }

adarType = 0;            // plain old Adar
    if (m == 11 && anchor >= 30) {
        if (d > 30) {
            adarType = 2;    // Adar 2
            d -= 30;
        }
        else
            adarType = 1;    // Adar 1
    }

if(m >= 6)        // Tishrei or after?
        hy++;        // then bump up year

if(m == 11)            // Adar?
        m += adarType;    // adjust for Adars

return (d + ' ' + m + ' ' + hy);
}

function Easter(Y) {
    // based on the algorithm of Oudin
    var C = Math.floor(Y / 100);
    var N = Y - 19 * Math.floor(Y / 19);
    var K = Math.floor((C - 17) / 25);
    var I = C - Math.floor(C / 4) - Math.floor((C - K) / 3) + 19 * N + 15;
    I = I - 30*Math.floor((I / 30));
    I = I - Math.floor(I / 28) * (1 - Math.floor(I / 28) * Math.floor(29 / (I + 1)) * Math.floor((21 - N) / 11));
    var J = Y + Math.floor(Y / 4) + I + 2 - C + Math.floor(C / 4);
    J = J - 7 * Math.floor(J / 7);
    var L = I - J;
    var M = 3 + Math.floor((L + 40) / 44);
    var D = L + 28 - 31 * Math.floor(M / 4);

var ret = new Object();
    ret[1] = M;
    ret[2] = D;
    return ret;
}

function DOW(day,month,year) {
    var a = Math.floor((14 - month)/12);
    var y = year - a;
    var m = month + 12*a - 2;
    var d = (day + y + Math.floor(y/4) - Math.floor(y/100) +
            Math.floor(y/400) + Math.floor((31*m)/12)) % 7;
    return d + 1;
}

function NthDOW(nth,weekday,month,year) {
    if (nth > 0)
        return (nth - 1) * 7 + 1 + (7 + weekday - DOW((nth - 1) * 7 + 1, month, year)) % 7;
    var days = civMonthLength(month, year);
    return days - (DOW(days, month, year) - weekday + 7) % 7;
}

function holidays(cday, cmonth, cyear) {
    // American civil holidays and some major religious holiday
    if (cmonth == 1 && cday == 1)
        return "New Year's Day";
    else if (cmonth == 2 && cday == 12)
        return "Lincoln's Birthday";
    else if (cmonth == 2 && cday == 14)
        return "Valentine's Day";
    else if (cmonth == 2 && cday == NthDOW(3, 2, 2, cyear))
        return "President's Day";
    else if (cmonth == 3 && cday == 17)
        return "St. Patrick's Day";
    else if (cmonth == 3 || cmonth == 4) {
        var e = Easter(cyear);
        if (cmonth == e[1] && cday == e[2])
            return "Easter";
    }
    else if (cmonth == 5 && cday == NthDOW(2, 1, 5, cyear))
        return "Mother's Day";
    else if (cmonth == 5 && cday == NthDOW(3, 7, 5, cyear))
        return "Armed Forces Day";
    else if (cmonth == 5 && cday == NthDOW(0, 2, 5, cyear))
        return "Memorial Day";
    else if (cmonth == 6 && cday == 14)
        return "Flag Day";
    else if (cmonth == 6 && cday == NthDOW(3, 1, 6, cyear))
        return "Father's Day";
    else if (cmonth == 7 && cday == 4)
        return "Independence Day";
    else if (cmonth == 9 && cday == NthDOW(1, 2, 9, cyear))
        return "Labor Day";
    else if (cmonth == 10 && cday == NthDOW(2, 2, 10, cyear))
        return "Columbus Day";
    else if (cmonth == 10 && cday == 31)
        return "Halloween";
    else if (cmonth == 11 && cday == 11)
        return "Veterans' Day";
    else if (cmonth == 11 && cday == NthDOW(4, 5, 11, cyear))
        return "Thanksgiving";
    else if (cmonth == 12 && cday == 25)
        return "Christmas";

return "";
}

function moadim(cday, cmonth, cyear, hday, hmonth, dow) {
    if(hmonth == 6) {
        if(hday == 1 || hday == 2)
            return "Rosh Hashana"
        else if(hday == 3 && dow != 7)
            return "Fast of Gedalia";
        else if(hday == 4 && dow == 1)
            return "Fast of Gedalia";
        else if(hday == 10)
            return "Yom Kippur"
        else if(hday >= 15 && hday <= 22)
            return "Sukkot"
        else if(hday == 23)
            return "Sukkot (d)"
    }
    else if(hmonth == 8) {
        if(hday >= 25)
            return "Chanukkah"
    }
    else if(hmonth == 9) {
        if(hday <= 2) {
            return "Chanukkah"
        }
        else if(hday == 3) {
            // Kislev can be malei or chaser
            if(cday == 1) {
                cday = 29;
                cmonth = 11;
            }
            else if(cday == 2) {
                cday = 30;
                cmonth = 11;
            }
            else
                cday -= 3;
            var hdate = civ2heb(cday, cmonth, cyear);
            hd = eval(hdate.substring(0, hdate.indexOf(' ')));
            if(hd == 29)
                return "Chanukkah"
        }
        else if(hday == 10)
            return "Fast of Tevet"
    }
    else if(hmonth == 10) {
        if(hday==15)
            return "Tu b'Shvat"
    }
    else if(hmonth == 11 || hmonth == 13) {
        if(hday == 11 && dow == 5)
            return "Taanit Esther"
        else if(hday == 13 && dow != 7)
            return "Taanit Esther"
        else if(hday == 14)
            return "Purim"
        else if(hday == 15)
            return "Shushan Purim"
    }
    else if(hmonth == 0) {

if(hday == 12 && dow == 5)
            return "Taanit Bechorot"
        else if(hday == 14 && dow != 7)
            return "Taanit Bechorot"
        else if(hday >= 15 && hday <= 21)
            return "Pesach"
        else if(hday == 22)
            return "Pesach (d)"
    }
    else if(hmonth == 1) {
        if(hday == 3 && dow == 5)
            return "Yom Ha'Atzmaut"
        else if(hday == 4 && dow == 5)
            return "Yom Ha'Atzmaut"
        else if(hday == 5 && dow != 6 && dow != 7)
            return "Yom Ha'Atzmaut"
        if(hday == 14)
            return "Pesah sheni"
        else if(hday == 18)
            return "Lag B'Omer"
        if(hday == 28)
            return "Yom Yerushalayim"
    }
    else if(hmonth == 2) {
        if(hday == 6)
            return "Shavuot"
        else if(hday == 7)
            return "Shavuot (d)"
    }
    else if(hmonth == 3) {
        if(hday == 17 && dow != 7)
            return "Fast of Tammuz"
        if(hday == 18 && dow == 1)
            return "Fast of Tammuz"
    }
    else if(hmonth == 4) {
        if(hday == 9 && dow != 7)
            return "Tisha B'Av"
        if(hday == 10 && dow == 1)
            return "Tisha B'Av"
        if(hday == 15)
            return "Tu B'Av"
    }

return "";
}

Hey Everyone,

I have an interesting task. There are two custom objects. Project and Production Run. Production Run has a master detail relationship to Project. When creating a Production Run from a project, I want to redirect the user to Send an Email page so they can directly notify the client of the specific production that has completed. There are too many variables to do this automatically which is why I am redirecting to Send an Email on save.

There are a few merge fields that I need included on the email, all of which are on the Project level. The first being the project itself, the second being a contact on the project level, and the third being a few text fields each with a different email address. The mapping I used is below:

p2=Contact
p2_lkid=Contact ID
p3_lkid=Project ID

Here is the saveURL link:

saveURL=/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?p3_lkid={!Project_cc__c.Id}&p2={!Project_cc__c.Send_files_to__c}&p2_lkid={!Project_cc__c.Send_files_toId__c}

For some reason when pressing save only the first parameter is passed to emailauthor.jsp and all the rest disapear. The URL I am taken to is:

https://na5.salesforce.com/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?p3_lkid=a0670000001DiIn&newid=a0770000001hWjZ

It looks like the newID parameter cuts off any of the other parameters I have specified in saveURL. Does anyone have any good ideas as to how to make this work?

Thanks
  • October 17, 2007
Consultant partner needed to work on rollout of Salesforce.com at a national magazine group. Primary offices in Manhattan NYC.

Challenges include consolidating two separate instances of SalesForce.com, working with in-house administrators to port accounts and contacts from existing systems, and conduct user training.

Short-term: Likely window for work is Sept-Nov 2007.

Focus: Primarily accounts, contacts, opportunities and pipeline reporting. Minor work on leads and marketing. No work on support or case management.

Internal emphasis is a setup that is simple, easy-to-use, and minimizes tedious data entry for our reps. Reply if your group would like to be considered.

Thanks.

Message Edited by ajr on 08-06-2007 01:03 PM

Message Edited by ajr on 08-07-2007 10:48 AM

• August 06, 2007
Would like some help with pricing a project.
What is the average price for an  implementation that would include:
  • web to lead (include registration for campaings)
  • customize all object (clean up, add fields, views,)
  • custom reports and dashboard
  • growth  tracking
  • 2 record types for contacts
  • 2 record types and  sales process's for opp's
  • 2 record types for campaigns and possibly activities
  • some field validations and formulas
  • 1 or 2 workflow's
any input is appreciated - ie even if you can give me an idea for each bullet point.
As well, if you could give a regular rate and  a non-profit rate

Thanks!

I have been trying to figure out how to create this on my own, but I think I would be better finding a true developer. I believe this is a very quick project and I think it will be very straightforward.

In short:

1. I want to be able to only show a partner the opportunities for their products in the Salesforce.com PRM app.
2. In order to be able to limit the opportunities, you need to create List Views in Opportunities and then only expose those List Views to that partner.
3. Opportunity List Views can not be filtered based on Opportunity Products related to the Opportunity.
4. To get around this, I created a custom field on Opportunity that will contain a comma-delimited list of products that are in the Opportunity Product line items related to the Opportunity.
5. I would like to replace the 'Save' button on adding products to opportunities so that it will add the newly added product name to the list field described above.
6. If 5 is too complicated, I would like a Custom S-control link that the user would click to replace the list field on Opportunity with a new list of all the then current Opportunity Product line items.

Does this make sense and seem like something you could create in the next 48 hours?

What would you charge?

Abrevity, Inc. is looking for a SFDC consultant with s-control capabilities. We upgraded to Enterprise Edition and are creating the needed SFDC layout and functionalities. The next step is to bring in someone who can code SFDC for us accordingly.  Please respond with your availability and hourly rate.

Thank you,
Jennifer
Hi,

The current Reports Module in salesforce has a lot of limiations with respect to the number of objects selected, matrix reports limitations and so on.

Does salesforce recommend any other reporting tool that can be integrated with our salesforce app that has extensive reporting capabilities for prompted reports and so on. We have tried jasper, QueryAmp...but none these server the specific user requirements.

We appreciate all your feedbacks as we have a lot of requests coming from business  for reporting capabilities (especially matrix reports) in our application.

Let me  know if you need any further information in this regard.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili

• April 26, 2007
I need an experienced SF developer to create an S-Control for me that can be used to summarise information in child objects into fields in the parent. I believe it's possible to do this using JavaScript in an S-Control, which accesses SF via the API (I have Enterprise Edition). An example of what I mean using the standard objects is putting a Sum Total of the value of all the opportunities on an Account into a single field - i.e. a field on Account called "Opportunities Value Total". That's not a real scenario for us, but our scenarios are similar, just with custom objects.

So the deliverable is a pair of S-Controls that can do this, written in such a way that they can be reused for summarising different information in different objects (we'll be using it in 5-10 different places). The first S-Control simply copies a value from a field in the child (selected using a filter) into a field in the parent. The second control runs a Sum operation on a specific field on the children, and puts that sum value into the parent field.

Please reply to this post if interested or contact me direct.