• Business Systems Manager
  • Comar LLC

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
This question may be very basic, but I am not a developer so my experience is very limited.  I created a custom button to populate a date field in my object.  Now I want to add to the code to prevent someone from using the button again.  Below is the code for the button.  What do I need to add to prevent the button from being used again?

- Thanks TS

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/20.0/connection.js")} 

var newRecords = [];

var c = new sforce.SObject("Custom_Quote_Request__c"); 
c.id ="{!Custom_Quote_Request__c.Id}";
c.Submit_Quote_Request_Date__c = new Date();
newRecords.push(c); 

result = sforce.connection.update(newRecords); 

window.location.reload();
I have a custom button that completes a date field with the current date (see below).  When this date is filled in on the record I then need an email to be sent.  I have a workflow setup for this when the date field is populated without the button, but I cannot get it to work when the button is used.  Any recommendations?

var newRecords = [];

var c = new sforce.SObject("Engineering_Request_for_Custom_Quote__c"); 
c.id ="{!Engineering_Request_for_Custom_Quote__c.Id}";
c.Project_Manager_Request__c = new Date();
newRecords.push(c); 

Thanks
Tom Sine

I am trying to create a custom button to point to a network share. I can type the link directly in the browser and see the file, but when I try and enter the link into a button or a URL field in salesforce.com I get an error. (URL No Longer Exists).

Below is the path. I have set these up in the past as custom links to a folder, but none of my links seem to work anymore.
\\162.1.162.2\sfdc\Contracts\Supply_Agreement\...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Tom Sine

This question may be very basic, but I am not a developer so my experience is very limited.  I created a custom button to populate a date field in my object.  Now I want to add to the code to prevent someone from using the button again.  Below is the code for the button.  What do I need to add to prevent the button from being used again?

- Thanks TS

var newRecords = [];

var c = new sforce.SObject("Custom_Quote_Request__c"); 
c.id ="{!Custom_Quote_Request__c.Id}";
c.Submit_Quote_Request_Date__c = new Date();
newRecords.push(c); 

I am trying to create a custom button to point to a network share. I can type the link directly in the browser and see the file, but when I try and enter the link into a button or a URL field in salesforce.com I get an error. (URL No Longer Exists).

Below is the path. I have set these up in the past as custom links to a folder, but none of my links seem to work anymore.
\\162.1.162.2\sfdc\Contracts\Supply_Agreement\...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Tom Sine