• 0 Points
  • Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, we will be moving one of our customer support teams over to Salesforce this year. We want to migrate some closed cases and all open cases from our old customer support tool to Salesforce.com. I'm wondering what the best practice is for doing this? It feels a bit scary to be copying over cases that are open and needing to make sure the status stays intact. Thanks in advance!
  • January 15, 2015

I am trying to create a web form (using web-to-lead) where customers can register for a webinar. I know how to do that.

I need to limit each webinar date to 20 spots - so only 20 leads can register for each through the web-to-lead form. It should stop accepting leads and post a "this class is full" notice when 20 is reached. I called and asked SF support how to limit the number of leads that come through, and they said with a formula field. Can someone help me write a formula as well as tell me where to place this formula?

Thanks so much,

Ariel

• August 24, 2011

We are looking into our options for getting Salesforce and another in-house database to talk to each other. Essentially, we want Salesforce.com data updated in real time to any updates we make in the other database. I’ve looked at the Ruby on Rails developer kit and other integration tools, but I get the impression that those are useful for helping the data from FROM Salesforce TO something else. We need the data to go FROM the other database TO Salesforce. We have developers who can probably make this happen, but I am supposed to find them the information they need for this (and I'm NOT a developer). What type of key words should I be using to search this type of information? Can you point me in the right direction?THANKS for your help!

• January 17, 2011

I have been tasked with creating a customer portal where customers would come to their portal and register themselves as new users, and pay a fee (because they are registering to bid with a state agency). Then, they will be able to return to review their information and make updates, etc. Sounds pretty simple, but I have never created a customer portal, nor have I integrated a payment solution with SF.

Since the customers would be creating themselves as new users and making a payment, do I need a solution like Cloudcraze by EDL or could I go with something as simple as a link to PayPal? I'm not sure how customers create themselves as users - is that pretty standard in the customer portal or is this something I'd need to worry about?  Thanks in advance for your help and ideas!

• November 03, 2010

I know SF doesn't support making a multi-select picklist the controller for field dependency, so I'm looking for a workaround.  The first field (multi-select picklist) will be "State of Interest" (the state(s) the customer is doing business with) and the second field (most likely a regular picklist) will be "Type of Industry". Each state has different specific industry codes/descriptions for "Type of Industry" so we would like to make it dependent upon the state. However, most customers do business with more than one state. I haven't found an answer for this specific setup. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

• November 02, 2010

Hi, this is my first time creating a package in my Sandbox. I am trying to install it to my production site now, and it is giving me this message: The requested package requires the latest release of salesforce.com. Once your organization is automatically upgraded to the latest release, please try the install again. Visit trust.salesforce.com and click on System Status to review the release schedule for details on when you will be upgraded.

So it looks like I'm supposed to receive the Summer release on June 11. Does this mean I can't install my package until then, or is there some way around this? It is only about 20 or so customizations, so I'm trying to decide whether to completely redo all my work on the production site or just to wait.I am supposed to present the new features this week to my company!

Thanks for your help!

I created a custom button (list button) on Accounts and am now trying to add it to the page layout. However, I can't find the option on the edit layout screen! When I make it a custom link, I can find it under "Custom links" but I really want it to be a button. Am I looking in the right place, or is there something else I have to do to make it show up?

Thanks!

• March 28, 2010

I have been asked to create a way where we can start tracking competitors and link opportunities to the various competitors we know we're up against. I originally created a different Account Record Type, but now I'm wondering how to link that to the opportunities. Is there a way to do this, or do I need to create a custom object instead so that it could be a related list under the opportunities?

Thanks for your help!

• March 28, 2010

I'd like to create a custom link on the account page, which will link to a report. However, I want the report to only show values for that particular account. For instance, it would show all the activities for that account categorized by type of activity. I'm not sure how to use a link to dynamically customize a report like that. 

I can't figure out how to do this, and SF support sent me here... 

Thanks!
Ariel

• March 27, 2010

I have been asked to create a way where we can start tracking competitors and link opportunities to the various competitors we know we're up against. I originally created a different Account Record Type, but now I'm wondering how to link that to the opportunities. Is there a way to do this, or do I need to create a custom object instead so that it could be a related list under the opportunities?

Thanks for your help!

• March 28, 2010

Hello All, 

I am currently testing chat-up app from the appexchange in  a dev org. 

My requirement is to have chatter auto-post on the parent account once an opportunity is created. 

I have worked through the installation guide and now I am getting the following error when I try to create an opportunity. 

Apex trigger ChatterOpptyOnAccount caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: ChatterOpptyOnAccount: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.SObjectException: Invalid field Account for Opportunity: Class.ChatterUpHelper.chatterUp: line 63, column 1

Please can you help me to resolve this issue? 

Regards

Bim

• October 10, 2012

I know SF doesn't support making a multi-select picklist the controller for field dependency, so I'm looking for a workaround.  The first field (multi-select picklist) will be "State of Interest" (the state(s) the customer is doing business with) and the second field (most likely a regular picklist) will be "Type of Industry". Each state has different specific industry codes/descriptions for "Type of Industry" so we would like to make it dependent upon the state. However, most customers do business with more than one state. I haven't found an answer for this specific setup. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

• November 02, 2010

I created a custom button (list button) on Accounts and am now trying to add it to the page layout. However, I can't find the option on the edit layout screen! When I make it a custom link, I can find it under "Custom links" but I really want it to be a button. Am I looking in the right place, or is there something else I have to do to make it show up?

Thanks!

• March 28, 2010

Thanks for your help!

• March 28, 2010

I'd like to create a custom link on the account page, which will link to a report. However, I want the report to only show values for that particular account. For instance, it would show all the activities for that account categorized by type of activity. I'm not sure how to use a link to dynamically customize a report like that. 

I can't figure out how to do this, and SF support sent me here... 

Thanks!
Ariel

• March 27, 2010