• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have 2 fields in my account table:

Site Inspection and Site Inspection Date

The Site Inspection field is a mandatory picklist with Yes or No as options.

The Date field is set up as Read only with date variables allowed.

I would like the following configured:

1> If the user selects No, the record is saved as is (date field is blank).

2> If the user selects Yes, the Date field is automatically updated with Today() and the record is saved.

I just inherited this SF.com stuff from a previous staff member and am trying to ramp myself up...thanks!

Still kind of a newbie on this stuff...so please bear with me.

I created a custom field labelled Event Type under the Activities area of SF.com.  It is a pick list with various options.

In the Task Page layout I added this Event Type field as mandatory (this shows up in the Log A Call area).  I also made the same field mandatory on the Event Page layout (this shows up when you click New Event in an account).  I am therefore populating two different areas with the same "Event Type" field.

I next created a matrix report with "Event Type" across the columns at the top and "Assigned to" in the rows down the side.  This gives me a breakdown of each event type logged in the system by our sales team and sums the numbers together.

What I am finding is that anything I log in Event Type under the Log a Call/Task page screen shows up properly in my report and sums together.  I therefore see column headings like "Phone Call", "Face to Face Meeting", etc.  This is correct and is exactly what I want to see from this data. 

Unfortunately anything I seem to log in the New Event/Calendar screen is all summed together and shows up in my report under a heading of "-".  The data is logged directly to an Event Type, the same as the Log a Call screen, but it does not seem to get listed properly in my report and therefore doesn't sum together properly.

This is causing a problem for our management team as our sales team is logging events two different ways, but we can't see the detailed breakdown when they add it to their calendar.  The management team needs to see all of this activity logged properly.

Does anyone have some helpful tips??

I have recently taken over administration of Salesforce from another user and am still quite new to the system.  We have created a few custom tabs which are simply a redirection to another web site and I have been able to figure out how to add new tabs pointing to other web sites.

Our Marketing Manager has now requested that a new tab be displayed which will only be visible if certain users (branch managers) log into the system.  Is there a way to set security on a tab so that only specific users can access it??

Assistance is appreciated...

I have 2 fields in my account table:

Site Inspection and Site Inspection Date

The Site Inspection field is a mandatory picklist with Yes or No as options.

The Date field is set up as Read only with date variables allowed.

I would like the following configured:

1> If the user selects No, the record is saved as is (date field is blank).

2> If the user selects Yes, the Date field is automatically updated with Today() and the record is saved.

I just inherited this SF.com stuff from a previous staff member and am trying to ramp myself up...thanks!

I have recently taken over administration of Salesforce from another user and am still quite new to the system.  We have created a few custom tabs which are simply a redirection to another web site and I have been able to figure out how to add new tabs pointing to other web sites.

Our Marketing Manager has now requested that a new tab be displayed which will only be visible if certain users (branch managers) log into the system.  Is there a way to set security on a tab so that only specific users can access it??

Assistance is appreciated...