• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Subject:
 Workflow is being triggered before save of a case record. 
Description:

We have a workflow setup for cases.  It is triggered on new case creation only and sends an email to our internal team.  The workflow is being triggered on display of the new case entry screen before we click on save.

It appears that emails for new cases are getting triggered before we hit the save button as a result of workflow rules that we have set-up. In fact, if I just go into the case page, an email is sent before entering anything, it appears the workflow is being triggered before save of the new record.  Is this the case?
Of course, the resulting email has no info and is useless. If I then complete the case and hit save button, no email is sent out with the full info.

Help...have posted a case with salesforce.com and have not heard anything back yet. 

Help.....anyone seen this?

• January 22, 2007
I am using the latest version of the sforce Connector for PE and when I close Excel I am getting the sforce Connector (VBA password protected project) password dialog box.  The only way I can get rid of it, is to goto Task Manager and kill the process.  For some reason, on close of excel it is trying to open the password protected VBA project for the connector.  We did not create any additional Macro's or VBA code in the excel workbook or sheet.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!!!
  • September 08, 2006
We are using an email template to send out an email that includes a link to a web to case form on our public website.  We are passing variables/values with this link and would like the values to be prepopulated in our web to case form.  Some of which we would like hidden.  We can not get the values to prepopulate the web to case fields.  For example, passing case # on the url.  What should the HTML code look like to receive these?  Do we need to parse the URL first?

For example:

HTML Web to Case Form
<input type="hidden" name="00N30000000i2oN" value="we want this to be the passed case number">

Help!!!   thanks in advance.....
  • July 13, 2006
Is it possible to create a Lead Owner Report similar to the Account Owner Report that shows all accounts and their owners no matter what the sharing model is?
  • December 02, 2005
Subject:
 Workflow is being triggered before save of a case record. 
Description:

We have a workflow setup for cases.  It is triggered on new case creation only and sends an email to our internal team.  The workflow is being triggered on display of the new case entry screen before we click on save.

It appears that emails for new cases are getting triggered before we hit the save button as a result of workflow rules that we have set-up. In fact, if I just go into the case page, an email is sent before entering anything, it appears the workflow is being triggered before save of the new record.  Is this the case?
Of course, the resulting email has no info and is useless. If I then complete the case and hit save button, no email is sent out with the full info.

Help...have posted a case with salesforce.com and have not heard anything back yet. 

Help.....anyone seen this?

• January 22, 2007