• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

1) I need to send an email to a contact. Is this possible using the salesforce api or do I need to use my own smtp server etc. (I need to have it logged in the Activity History section).

2) Ideally I would send the email using one of the existing Email Templates. Is this possible, and if so, how is the merge fields affected?

Any direction here would be useful.

Kind regards,

MI Noorgat

Hi,

I have managed to attain the dreaded "Error: Formula is too big to execute" error in a formula (number) field in salesforce.  Basically all I want to do is add together some custom fields - each of which do a calculation of their own (hence why I reach the error).  One of the ways suggested to me (and the direction in which I wish to proceed) is to do the calculation via an scontrol.  Essentially what I need to do is this:

{!Q1_score__c} + {!Q2_score__c} + 15 more fields...

...and store the results in {Total_score__c}

I should note that I have no experience relating to the use of scontrol, apart from the fact that I've gathered that I probably need to add C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\OfficeToolkit\2.0\SF_MSApi.dll into the files part when creating an scontrol.

Any assistance will be gratefully received.

Kind regards,

MNoorgat

Hi,

I'm really not sure if this is the correct place to post this message, so apologies if I shouldn't be.

I wonder, is it possible to disable sforce Excel Connector access for some users?  There is a need to prevent some users from using the Excel connector (actually they don't need to use any third party tools to access SF).  They should still be able to log into SalesForce via the website.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

mnoorgat

Message Edited by mnoorgat on 09-15-2005 03:50 PM

Hi,

A quick question, how can I get the "Account Name" linked to a case?

I thought I'd have to do something like:

sforce.Case cas = (sforce.Case)qr.records[i]
string accName = cas.AccountName;

Except the WSDL doesn't define AccountName.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of writing a web part for use in Microsoft SharePoint.

In order for me to allow my web part sufficient permissions to access web services I am required to create a customtrust.config file.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this as I am having problems.  If someone has any experience with this please post below and I'll state exactly the help I need.

One of the questions I have (which someone who hasn't developed with SharePoint can probably answer) is relating to what URI is accessed by the SalesForce API (v5.0)? In SharePoint (with custom trusts) I have to explicitly state the URI of the web service I need to access.  Below you can see what I'm using, does it seem correct?

<IPermission class="WebPermission" version="1">
                              <ConnectAccess>
                                <URI uri="https://www.salesforce.com/" />
                              </ConnectAccess>
                            </IPermission>

Thank you for your time.

Hi,

I'm new to salesforce development.  I'm currently using C# .NET (through VS 2003) and Web services API version 5.0 and Enterprise WSDL.  I have been experimenting with the quickstart example to help me get to grips with the api.

What I would like to do is get all cases which were created with a specific page layout (I can get this via the record type), and then filter down these results further depending on the value of a custom field specified in that page layout.

The first part I can do using for example a query which looks a bit like this:

qr = binding.query("select CaseNumber, Company_Name__c, Project_Type__c from Case where RecordTypeID='0122000000001HqAAI'");

1) Can I do this easily by using the RecordType.Name (so I don't have to manually find the ID first)?

2) How do I do the second part (filtering down) as described above?

Any help / pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

1) I need to send an email to a contact. Is this possible using the salesforce api or do I need to use my own smtp server etc. (I need to have it logged in the Activity History section).

2) Ideally I would send the email using one of the existing Email Templates. Is this possible, and if so, how is the merge fields affected?

Any direction here would be useful.

Kind regards,

MI Noorgat

Hi,

I have managed to attain the dreaded "Error: Formula is too big to execute" error in a formula (number) field in salesforce.  Basically all I want to do is add together some custom fields - each of which do a calculation of their own (hence why I reach the error).  One of the ways suggested to me (and the direction in which I wish to proceed) is to do the calculation via an scontrol.  Essentially what I need to do is this:

{!Q1_score__c} + {!Q2_score__c} + 15 more fields...

...and store the results in {Total_score__c}

I should note that I have no experience relating to the use of scontrol, apart from the fact that I've gathered that I probably need to add C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\OfficeToolkit\2.0\SF_MSApi.dll into the files part when creating an scontrol.

Any assistance will be gratefully received.

Kind regards,

MNoorgat

Hi,

I'm really not sure if this is the correct place to post this message, so apologies if I shouldn't be.

I wonder, is it possible to disable sforce Excel Connector access for some users?  There is a need to prevent some users from using the Excel connector (actually they don't need to use any third party tools to access SF).  They should still be able to log into SalesForce via the website.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

mnoorgat

Message Edited by mnoorgat on 09-15-2005 03:50 PM

Hi,

A quick question, how can I get the "Account Name" linked to a case?

I thought I'd have to do something like:

sforce.Case cas = (sforce.Case)qr.records[i]
string accName = cas.AccountName;

Except the WSDL doesn't define AccountName.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of writing a web part for use in Microsoft SharePoint.

In order for me to allow my web part sufficient permissions to access web services I am required to create a customtrust.config file.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this as I am having problems.  If someone has any experience with this please post below and I'll state exactly the help I need.

One of the questions I have (which someone who hasn't developed with SharePoint can probably answer) is relating to what URI is accessed by the SalesForce API (v5.0)? In SharePoint (with custom trusts) I have to explicitly state the URI of the web service I need to access.  Below you can see what I'm using, does it seem correct?

<IPermission class="WebPermission" version="1">
                              <ConnectAccess>
                                <URI uri="https://www.salesforce.com/" />
                              </ConnectAccess>
                            </IPermission>

Thank you for your time.

Hi,

I'm new to salesforce development.  I'm currently using C# .NET (through VS 2003) and Web services API version 5.0 and Enterprise WSDL.  I have been experimenting with the quickstart example to help me get to grips with the api.

What I would like to do is get all cases which were created with a specific page layout (I can get this via the record type), and then filter down these results further depending on the value of a custom field specified in that page layout.

The first part I can do using for example a query which looks a bit like this:

qr = binding.query("select CaseNumber, Company_Name__c, Project_Type__c from Case where RecordTypeID='0122000000001HqAAI'");

1) Can I do this easily by using the RecordType.Name (so I don't have to manually find the ID first)?

2) How do I do the second part (filtering down) as described above?

Any help / pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.