• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I need to duplicate approx. 50 existing email templates (text) into a new folder for minor customizations.

I thought I could do it via Eclipse but copy & paste doesn't work.

Anyone know how to do this?

• August 26, 2009

When a lead is converted for a particular group, we need a workflow rule to trigger an outbound message.

I looked at the Contact, using "Only on Create" option but I can't see any "converted" fields

I looked at the Lead, but it only has the "Converted" field and the run options wouldn't work as it would find existing converted Leads rather than just newly converted.

So, any other options?

Thinking, of a trigger on the Lead that sets a custom field on conversion but just wanted to check that I'm not missing anything

• May 06, 2009

I have to move a lot of workflow rules, alerts and email templates from a testing environment into Production.

The email templates give me the option to deploy - although that's failing but that's another story.

The workflow rules and alerts are in case.workflow xml file. I've tried to simply edit this file and add in another alert - but that fails. I could edit it in our testing environment.

It doesn't give me any info, just file saved locally not to server and marks the top line in the file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Is there a list anywhere of what can be updated and how?

• April 07, 2009

Do I have to go into each profile and edit the "Enabled Visualforce Page Access" section so users can access our new VF pages?

We're overriding the standard Asset functionality to restrict edit/delete based on field values and corresponding values in the user's record.

Can this be done globally? We currently have over 270 profiles so it will be a very laborious job.

• March 04, 2009
I need to create a workflow rule that will send an email notification if no activity has happened on a case within 1 hour, with follow-up emails every hour after that.

1. Activity would be an update to the Case details
OR
2. an Activity added, eg. new Task, Log a Call, Event etc..

I could use the last modified date but "2. an Activity added" does not update the last modified date.

Any suggestions?
  • July 23, 2008
I need to create a workflow rule that will send an email notification if no activity has happened on a case within 1 hour, with follow-up emails every hour after that.

OR

I could use the last modified date but "2. an Activity added" does not update the last modified date.

Any suggestions?
  • July 23, 2008
We have an s-control to override the New button on the Case to pass in some default values from the user record.
It works fine, unless...

the user has multiple record types and they do not want to select the default record type.

ie. user is presented with the select record type page on clicking New
Selects a record type that is NOT the default one
The default loads anyway

The url shows 2 record type ids, first the selected one and then the default one. The default takes precedence.

The field to be updated and values are on both record types.

Any ideas?
  • June 27, 2008
I need to create a large group of self-service users and set their passwords to the same value

I don't want them to receive the auto email from salesforce.com but want to notify them myself of their username and password.

I know setPassword can do it but don't know how to invoke it - I usually make all my changes via Demand Tools.

I'm not a web developer and need step-by-step instructions so I can pass on the details to the webmaster.

thanks in advance,

• July 31, 2006

Do I have to go into each profile and edit the "Enabled Visualforce Page Access" section so users can access our new VF pages?

We're overriding the standard Asset functionality to restrict edit/delete based on field values and corresponding values in the user's record.

Can this be done globally? We currently have over 270 profiles so it will be a very laborious job.

• March 04, 2009

OR

Any suggestions?
  • July 23, 2008
We have an s-control to override the New button on the Case to pass in some default values from the user record.
It works fine, unless...

the user has multiple record types and they do not want to select the default record type.

ie. user is presented with the select record type page on clicking New
Selects a record type that is NOT the default one
The default loads anyway

The url shows 2 record type ids, first the selected one and then the default one. The default takes precedence.

The field to be updated and values are on both record types.

Any ideas?
  • June 27, 2008
I need to create a large group of self-service users and set their passwords to the same value

I don't want them to receive the auto email from salesforce.com but want to notify them myself of their username and password.

I know setPassword can do it but don't know how to invoke it - I usually make all my changes via Demand Tools.

I'm not a web developer and need step-by-step instructions so I can pass on the details to the webmaster.

thanks in advance,

• July 31, 2006