• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
hi,

We've just implemented Single Sign On in our SFDC instance. We have an issue now that SFDC users take longer time to log in (load the homepage) than before when SSO was not enabled. Sometimes or most times, users take 1 - 2 seconds longer to log in; sometimes, users take up to 5 seconds longer to log in. In my opinion it's unavoidable that there is a time delay because SFDC calls our web service to authenticate users and calling a web service is time consuming. What I'm not sure is how long of this delay is ordinary and acceptable? 1 second, 2 second or even 5 seconds?

By the way, our web service does not do any time consuming task except calling the active directory.

thanks,
We are using a developer edition to test SSO, the organization id of the developer edition is "00D3000000018e5", the Single Sign-On Gateway URL configured is: "https://salesforce.didata.com/SignleSignOn/SingleSignOn.asmx". but when we tested it, there is an error "Your company's authentication service is currently down. Please contact the administrator at your company for more information.", the meaning of this error I think is "https://salesforce.didata.com/SignleSignOn/SingleSignOn.asmx" is not accessible, but the true is that is a valid web service url. could you anyone tell me where the problem is? do I miss anything?
I'm doing testing in my developer edition, but I found something very strange. when I tried to create a new custom object, I found the Plural Label field is not displayed and the name lable cannot be changed. When I created a new custom tab based on the custom object, the plural label value is not shown. everything seems to be fine in my amother developer edition. anyone know where the problem is?
I want to create a hyperlink custom field used to integrate another application with salesforce. The reason I want to use a custom field, instead of a custom link, is: custom field supports adding image to it. The problem I have is: I found it only has a function to get session id "GETSESSION()", but it does not have any function to get server url which is also required to authenticate a user. anyone can help me on how to get the server url while using the hyperlink custom field?

thanks,
I am reading the document "AppExchange Web Service Developer's Guide" downloaded from salesforce.com. On the query locator section, it specifies:

"A QueryLocator represents a server-side cursor. A Salesforce account can have up to five (5) query cursors open at a time. If five QueryLocator cursors are opened when a client application attempts open a new one, then the oldest of the five cursors is released."

We have many custom applications and background services using the same account. Those services are running very frequently and retrieving a lot of data through Sforce APIs, so it's very often to use the queryMore function in which case query locator will have to be used, so the 5-query-cursor limitation is very easy to reach. I want to make sure if the 5 query cursors are per login session or per account? if it's per account, we will have a lot of errors in our custom applications.

thanks for anyone who can answer my question.
I heard some features which can promote performance, they are "read-ahead", "Http keepalive". but I dont know them well, I searched them on the internet, and have not found useful information about them, could anyone here give me some explanation of them, and send me some sample which is really appreciated? thank you very much.
After I successfully uploaded Opportunity objects and their OpportunityLineItem objects, I failed to upload OpportunityLineItemSchedule objects. I got this error "insufficient access rights on cross-reference id
" I'm not sure why this happened, I am sure I have enough access rights to create new opportunities and add products on line in the salesforce.com.  Does anyone have any idea about why this happened?
hi,

We've just implemented Single Sign On in our SFDC instance. We have an issue now that SFDC users take longer time to log in (load the homepage) than before when SSO was not enabled. Sometimes or most times, users take 1 - 2 seconds longer to log in; sometimes, users take up to 5 seconds longer to log in. In my opinion it's unavoidable that there is a time delay because SFDC calls our web service to authenticate users and calling a web service is time consuming. What I'm not sure is how long of this delay is ordinary and acceptable? 1 second, 2 second or even 5 seconds?

By the way, our web service does not do any time consuming task except calling the active directory.

thanks,
We are using a developer edition to test SSO, the organization id of the developer edition is "00D3000000018e5", the Single Sign-On Gateway URL configured is: "https://salesforce.didata.com/SignleSignOn/SingleSignOn.asmx". but when we tested it, there is an error "Your company's authentication service is currently down. Please contact the administrator at your company for more information.", the meaning of this error I think is "https://salesforce.didata.com/SignleSignOn/SingleSignOn.asmx" is not accessible, but the true is that is a valid web service url. could you anyone tell me where the problem is? do I miss anything?
I'm doing testing in my developer edition, but I found something very strange. when I tried to create a new custom object, I found the Plural Label field is not displayed and the name lable cannot be changed. When I created a new custom tab based on the custom object, the plural label value is not shown. everything seems to be fine in my amother developer edition. anyone know where the problem is?
Has anyone had any experience converting quotewerks documents to opportunities with products?
  • December 28, 2006
I want to create a hyperlink custom field used to integrate another application with salesforce. The reason I want to use a custom field, instead of a custom link, is: custom field supports adding image to it. The problem I have is: I found it only has a function to get session id "GETSESSION()", but it does not have any function to get server url which is also required to authenticate a user. anyone can help me on how to get the server url while using the hyperlink custom field?

thanks,
I am reading the document "AppExchange Web Service Developer's Guide" downloaded from salesforce.com. On the query locator section, it specifies:

"A QueryLocator represents a server-side cursor. A Salesforce account can have up to five (5) query cursors open at a time. If five QueryLocator cursors are opened when a client application attempts open a new one, then the oldest of the five cursors is released."

We have many custom applications and background services using the same account. Those services are running very frequently and retrieving a lot of data through Sforce APIs, so it's very often to use the queryMore function in which case query locator will have to be used, so the 5-query-cursor limitation is very easy to reach. I want to make sure if the 5 query cursors are per login session or per account? if it's per account, we will have a lot of errors in our custom applications.

thanks for anyone who can answer my question.
After I successfully uploaded Opportunity objects and their OpportunityLineItem objects, I failed to upload OpportunityLineItemSchedule objects. I got this error "insufficient access rights on cross-reference id
" I'm not sure why this happened, I am sure I have enough access rights to create new opportunities and add products on line in the salesforce.com.  Does anyone have any idea about why this happened?