• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible for a self-service user to login to the API?  We have written our own frontend for Case management on our website, but we would like the cases to be submitted as the user.  I can't seem to change the "CreatedByUserId" field, so somehow I need to submit the case as that user.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jon
Hi,
I have a custom table called "LMLog__c".  It contains a field called "AccountId__c" and there is a relationship between the 2 tables.  How can I change this query to make it work:

SELECT Id, Field1, Field2, Account.Name FROM LMLog__c

When I try this I get an error from SalesForce:
INVALID_FIELD: Didn't understand relationship 'Account' in field path. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

What should I do to get around this?  I read in the API docs that I should append "__r" to my custom object name, but I have tried that (changing "... FROM LMLog__c" to "... FROM LMLog__r") and that didn't work.

Thanks
Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible for a self-service user to login to the API?  We have written our own frontend for Case management on our website, but we would like the cases to be submitted as the user.  I can't seem to change the "CreatedByUserId" field, so somehow I need to submit the case as that user.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jon
Hi,

Thanks,
Jon
Hi,
I have a custom table called "LMLog__c".  It contains a field called "AccountId__c" and there is a relationship between the 2 tables.  How can I change this query to make it work:

SELECT Id, Field1, Field2, Account.Name FROM LMLog__c

When I try this I get an error from SalesForce:
INVALID_FIELD: Didn't understand relationship 'Account' in field path. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

What should I do to get around this?  I read in the API docs that I should append "__r" to my custom object name, but I have tried that (changing "... FROM LMLog__c" to "... FROM LMLog__r") and that didn't work.

Thanks