• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I tried to deploy a change set to production today and I hit the following error on the following piece of APEX which came from a SFDC Labs app.

Milestone1_Task_Chatter_Tst 

Milestone1_Task_Chatter_Tst.testChatterTaskReassignment 
System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a1b40000000JGYIAA4; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY, This user cannot follow any other users or records: []: []
Class.Milestone1_Task_Chatter_Tst.testChatterTaskReassignment: line 95, column 9 External entry point

I do not understand this error and believe it has something to do with Chatter. Additionally, the debug log seemed to imply that a Portal User was being used for the execution of the test. I think the APEX is using the portal user, who of course does not have access to Chatter, and that's causing the failure.

This error is now preventing us from deploying code and changes sets to production.  Premiere support suggested uninstalling the app which of course means I lose all the data.  I was hoping a patch could be deployed to the app so I can fix the issue directly in prod.  Otherwise we'll have to uninstall and frankly probably won't bother putting it back.

Please advise.

• January 05, 2012

I tried to deploy a change set to production today and I hit the following error on the following piece of APEX which came from a SFDC Labs app.

Milestone1_Task_Chatter_Tst 

Milestone1_Task_Chatter_Tst.testChatterTaskReassignment 
System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a1b40000000JGYIAA4; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY, This user cannot follow any other users or records: []: []
Class.Milestone1_Task_Chatter_Tst.testChatterTaskReassignment: line 95, column 9 External entry point

I do not understand this error and believe it has something to do with Chatter. Additionally, the debug log seemed to imply that a Portal User was being used for the execution of the test. I think the APEX is using the portal user, who of course does not have access to Chatter, and that's causing the failure.

This error is now preventing us from deploying code and changes sets to production.  Premiere support suggested uninstalling the app which of course means I lose all the data.  I was hoping a patch could be deployed to the app so I can fix the issue directly in prod.  Otherwise we'll have to uninstall and frankly probably won't bother putting it back.

Please advise.

• January 05, 2012