• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have noticed that when I do the following query:
 Select Id, Name from Account

I get some bizarre differences in the amount of time it takes for the soap call to return. More often than not, this query takes 30 seconds to a minute to return. Sometimes, though, it returns rather quickly. If I change the query to something else:
 Select Id, Name from Opportunity

I see the same quick return everytime.

Is there something different about the Account table that is slower than the rest or is there a qualification I need to add to the Account query that would help speed up the results? The Account table I am querying from has no more than 150 rows in it so I don't think it is a size issue. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Corey
  • May 04, 2005
I am trying to use the frontdoor url trick to insert some data into the description field of a case. When the text that I am trying to insert contains the escaped version of an apostrophe I get a javascript error but it appears that everything gets inserted correctly. When the text contains the escaped version of a double quote I only get the text up to but not including the double quote. The rest of the text is gone.

Here is a sample url string: https://na1.salesforce.com/secur/frontdoor.jsp?sid=&retURL=%5C500%5Ce?cas3=John Richards%26cas14%3DImages Again%26cas15%3DThere%27s%20a%20lot%20of%20image%20requests

This adds a new case and prefills the Contact Name, Subject, and Description fields. If the browser has script debugging turned on a javascript error is thrown. If the %27 was replace by a %22 (double quote) then the description field would not show any of the text following the word _There_.

Does anyone know how I can resolve these issues?

Thanks,
Corey
  • April 28, 2005
I am trying to use the frontdoor url trick to insert some data into the description field of a case. When the text that I am trying to insert contains the escaped version of an apostrophe I get a javascript error but it appears that everything gets inserted correctly. When the text contains the escaped version of a double quote I only get the text up to but not including the double quote. The rest of the text is gone.

Here is a sample url string: https://na1.salesforce.com/secur/frontdoor.jsp?sid=&retURL=%5C500%5Ce?cas3=John Richards%26cas14%3DImages Again%26cas15%3DThere%27s%20a%20lot%20of%20image%20requests

This adds a new case and prefills the Contact Name, Subject, and Description fields. If the browser has script debugging turned on a javascript error is thrown. If the %27 was replace by a %22 (double quote) then the description field would not show any of the text following the word _There_.

Does anyone know how I can resolve these issues?

Thanks,
Corey
  • April 28, 2005