• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Please send resume to gregory.lowitz@emc.com

Salesforce Systems Analyst

We are seeking a full-time, energetic Salesforce/Database Engineer with a CRM business analytics aptitude to join our Support Tools Development team at our Santa Clara, CA office. This is a full-time position with Data Domain, a high-growth data storage division of EMC. Competitive pay and benefits.

Job Requirements

Salesforce.com

• Understanding of the Salesforce platform including Self-Service Portal exposure with ability to APEX and VisualForce exposure (triggers, controllers, scripting)
  • Knowledge of SFDC API with Java or PHP a plus Competent in logical database design
  • Knowledge of physical database design (physical layout, indexing strategies) a plus Require experience with SQL
  • Knowledge of query plans and optimization strategies a plus Ability to quickly understand business process, and its relation to our CRM systems and experience working in a cross-functional role to minimize issues and unintended Experience working with end users to identify pertinent business requirements
  • Provide best-in-class recommended solutions that address all business requirements
  • Prefer experience with Customer Support, Supply Chain, Service Logistics (parts dispatch Programming)
  • Exposure to Oracle, SAP, and other CRM/ERP systems a plus

Education

BSEE/BSCS or similar technical 4-year degree with at least 5-7 years of proven experience 

Other Systems Experience

Comfortable in both Linux and Windows environment Knowledge of bash scripting Familiarity with Regular Expressions for data parsing and field validation

• September 09, 2010
Is there a way to use formulas in Email templates to handle conditional formatting?

For example, I'd like to use the formula UPPER( NAME HERE ) to cause the person's name to appear in all CAPS, even though it may appear as "Name Here" in the SFDC database. This is just one example.

Furthermore, there may be conditions upon which you do or do not want to show certain information in an email response. Using formulas would be helpful. I didn't see any documentation on this when search for "formulas in email templates" -- so I'm not sure if it's possible.

Thanks.
I need a way to find a partial string in a picklist value as part of a formula I'm building. For example, the picklist has many options, such as:

USPS Priority Mail
USPS Overnight
USPS Global Priority Mail
FedEx Economy.
.... and about 20 other options that all start with USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL, etc.

Rather than testing for every picklist value, I want to perform an action only if certain words are contained within the picklist string, such as "USPS" or "FedEx".

Essentially, I need the functionality of the CONTAINS attribute. But this only seems to work on free text fields, not picklists.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to achive this? Unfortunately, I can't retroactively change the picklist field, as this would destroy all existing data....so I'm stuck with it the way it is now.... and if I include all the options, the formula becomes too long and exceeds the maximum allowable character length -- plus it's awkward to manage...
The current code is:

CASE(  Shipment_Method__c  ,
"USPS" , HYPERLINK("http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum="& Shipment_Tracking_Number__c,"Track USPS Shipment"),
"FedEx" , HYPERLINK("http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?ascend_header=1&clienttype=dotcom&cntry_code=us&language=english&tracknumbers= "& Shipment_Tracking_Number__c,"Track FedEx Shipment"),
"UPS", HYPERLINK("http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?HTMLVersion=5.0&sort_by=status&loc=en_US&InquiryNumber1= "& Shipment_Tracking_Number__c & "&track.x=32&track.y=7", "Track UPS Shipment") ,
"DHL", HYPERLINK("http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByNbr.asp?ShipmentNumber=" & Shipment_Tracking_Number__c,"Track DHL Shipment"), "")

In essence, I'd like to put the phrase CONTAINS (Shipment_Method__c,"USPS") as a qualifier, but this doesn't work as CONTAINS appears to work only on text fields, not picklists.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have professional edition (so can't use Apex triggers) and was looking for a simple way to force all caps (uppercase) on a form field entry using validation rules. For example, if we want all our account names to be uppercase, how can this be formatted automatically?

Ideally this would work without any error messages -- it would just reformat it upon "saving" it. Also, will this work when using the "web to lead" or "web to case" form?

We want this to be handled directly in SFDC, not in our client or server-side application.

Thanks in advance for tips / recommended code or formula. I posted a similar request in the Ajax forum without realizing this was a more appropriate forum for my request. Thanks in advance for your help.

Is it possible to use the form field validation tools to automatically save a field as all uppercase data? In our case, we want all Account Names to be in UPPERCASE. For example, if someone entered Salesforce.com as the account name, it would save it as SALESFORCE.COM

I would rather not show an error message -- but rather just fix it for the lazy user.... much in the same way that salesforce formats the telephone numbers to read as (xxx) xxx-xxxx regardless of how you enter the data. We like our data to be consistent and forcing all caps on accounts and other fields is one of the things we'd like to do.

I saw another post that says you need to write AJAX code to do this. I was hoping for something simple and am not an experienced salesforce programmer.

Code snippets appreciated!

Thanks,

Greg.
I am trying the use the following validation rule, but I keep receiving an error message:

AND(ISPICKVAL( Subject ,"Call"),LEN( Call_End_Time__c )=0)

The error I am receiving states the following:

Error: Incorrect parameter for function ISPICKVAL(). Expected Picklist, received Text

The field Subject is a picklist and when "Call" is chosen I would like to be sure a value for Call End time is entered. It woud be greatly appreciated if someone could assist me :)

I have professional edition (so can't use Apex triggers) and was looking for a simple way to force all caps (uppercase) on a form field entry using validation rules. For example, if we want all our account names to be uppercase, how can this be formatted automatically?

Ideally this would work without any error messages -- it would just reformat it upon "saving" it. Also, will this work when using the "web to lead" or "web to case" form?

We want this to be handled directly in SFDC, not in our client or server-side application.

Thanks in advance for tips / recommended code or formula. I posted a similar request in the Ajax forum without realizing this was a more appropriate forum for my request. Thanks in advance for your help.