• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We have a SF adapter we developed several years ago and maintain and update periodically.

I previously built our adapter and an MSI setup using Visual Studio running on a Server 2003 machine.

I'm not building the same adapter and setup still using VS but on a server 2008 R2 64 bit machine.  When I try to build my setup it won't let me due to this error:

'msxml6.dll' should be excluded because its source file 'c:\windows\syswow64\msxml6.dll' is under Windows System File Protection. C:\Depot\Source\ProServices\ShoreTelCTIAdapter_3\src\ShoreTelCTIAdapterSetup\ShoreTelCTIAdapterSetup.vdproj STSFCCSetup

OK, I figured, I'll do what MS tells me so I excluded it from the build.  I then tested the setup on a Win 7 client where it installed and ran fine.

HOWEVER, when a customer running XP install it and then tries to run it they get:

Error: Unable to start XML SubSystem.  Please Contact your Salesforce.com Administrator to rectify this issue.

That error per the SF FAQs is caused by not installing or registering msxml6.dll.

So, I'm not caught in a catch-22.  VS won't let me include it in my setup but at least XP seems to require that I do include it.

What's a developer to do?  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

We are developing a telephony server app that prompts callers to enter an account number and in response looks up the corresponding SF account and retrieve a "priority" field to determine how to route the call.

Our service logs into SF at startup but then, after running overnight we seem to get a COM exception.  In response I found that if I delete our Session, create a new one and login again I can stay connected.

So, couple of questions:

1)  We get a COM exception.  Is there some value of the exception that tells me that the exception was caused because my login expired and timed out vs. the other fatal reasons my query might fail?

2)  Is this how I should handle login, that is, anytime I make a request and get the an exception I should try to login again?

3) Is deleting the session how I effectivly "log out"?

The documentation on the office toolkit doesn't talk about session timeout, at least from what I've been able to see.

Thanks!

Grant Schenck

I'm trying to set a custom field in a task using the office toolkit.

As part of getting the field to set I use code like this:

IField4Ptr pField = pSObject->Item(sFieldName);

If sFieldName is a standard field like "Subject" or "ActivityDate" it works fine.

However, I can't find a custom field I added to my Task definition.

What do I need to do to be able to get access to custom fields using the Office Toolkit?  Is that supported?

Thanks!

We get this message from an exception thrown trying to login to Salesforce.com from our application.  This works fine at a number of customers but we get this failure at this site.

What is the specific issue that would prevent us from working at this site vs other?  Is this Professional vs. Enterprise or Developer version?
Hello,

We have a client application which provides a list of contacts which can be dialed via a phone interface. We have the capability to import from an Outlook Contacts Folder. Therefore, if we can export SF contacts into Outlook we can then import them into our client application.

What are options can I provide our SF customers to be able to perform these steps? Specifically is there any built in features of SF which allow easy exporting of SF contact to an Outlook contacts folder?

What are our customer's options?

Thanks,

Grant Schenck
ShoreTel
Hello,

We developed a tray icon .NET app along the lines of the STAPI sample to perform screen pop on inbound calls. It worked out nicely. To actually look up pages in the SF contact and other lists, we use the SF web services APIs.

We have a customer who is running the Profesional version of SF (vs. the Enterprise version.)

Can someone tell me if the Professional version also supports the web services interface? Would I expect the STAPI sample (for example) to work with the Professional version?

Thanks!

Grant Schenck
ShoreTel
We are developing a Telephone interface modeled on the STAPI sample. In that regard, we want to handle the situation where a caller ID doesn't match any record by sending the user to the New Contact page with the phone number field populated. The user would then supply a last name and any other details and save (or not) the resulting new contact record.

What the the steps I need to do to actually do this programatically?

Thanks,

Grant Schenck
ShoreTel
We get this message from an exception thrown trying to login to Salesforce.com from our application.  This works fine at a number of customers but we get this failure at this site.

What is the specific issue that would prevent us from working at this site vs other?  Is this Professional vs. Enterprise or Developer version?

Hi There,

I am developing a hosted Softphone UI that can be embedded in to Salesforce.com through Open CTI Integration. This softphone requires a token/key(as one of the OAuth2.0 authentication flows) to authenticate into CTI Application.

My question is, Is there any way to store the token inside Salesforce and pass to the Agent Softphone? So that Salesforce.com user need not key in the CTI key/token in to Softphone every time.

Thanks in advance,

Dhanasekaran

Hi friends, im trying to connect my computer and a Nortel VoIP phone and build a demo with the Open CTI.  The Open CTI i have succesfully installed it on my Salesforce ORG, but i don't know what to do next to make this computer recieve the phone calls.

Need your help to get on the right path.

Cheers

• October 08, 2012

Hi,

We have a SF adapter we developed several years ago and maintain and update periodically.

I previously built our adapter and an MSI setup using Visual Studio running on a Server 2003 machine.

I'm not building the same adapter and setup still using VS but on a server 2008 R2 64 bit machine.  When I try to build my setup it won't let me due to this error:

'msxml6.dll' should be excluded because its source file 'c:\windows\syswow64\msxml6.dll' is under Windows System File Protection. C:\Depot\Source\ProServices\ShoreTelCTIAdapter_3\src\ShoreTelCTIAdapterSetup\ShoreTelCTIAdapterSetup.vdproj STSFCCSetup

OK, I figured, I'll do what MS tells me so I excluded it from the build.  I then tested the setup on a Win 7 client where it installed and ran fine.

HOWEVER, when a customer running XP install it and then tries to run it they get:

Error: Unable to start XML SubSystem.  Please Contact your Salesforce.com Administrator to rectify this issue.

That error per the SF FAQs is caused by not installing or registering msxml6.dll.

So, I'm not caught in a catch-22.  VS won't let me include it in my setup but at least XP seems to require that I do include it.

What's a developer to do?  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm trying to set a custom field in a task using the office toolkit.

As part of getting the field to set I use code like this:

IField4Ptr pField = pSObject->Item(sFieldName);

If sFieldName is a standard field like "Subject" or "ActivityDate" it works fine.

However, I can't find a custom field I added to my Task definition.

What do I need to do to be able to get access to custom fields using the Office Toolkit?  Is that supported?

Thanks!

Hello,

We have a client application which provides a list of contacts which can be dialed via a phone interface. We have the capability to import from an Outlook Contacts Folder. Therefore, if we can export SF contacts into Outlook we can then import them into our client application.

What are options can I provide our SF customers to be able to perform these steps? Specifically is there any built in features of SF which allow easy exporting of SF contact to an Outlook contacts folder?

What are our customer's options?

Thanks,

Grant Schenck
ShoreTel
Hello,

We developed a tray icon .NET app along the lines of the STAPI sample to perform screen pop on inbound calls. It worked out nicely. To actually look up pages in the SF contact and other lists, we use the SF web services APIs.

We have a customer who is running the Profesional version of SF (vs. the Enterprise version.)

Can someone tell me if the Professional version also supports the web services interface? Would I expect the STAPI sample (for example) to work with the Professional version?

Thanks!

Grant Schenck
ShoreTel
We are developing a Telephone interface modeled on the STAPI sample. In that regard, we want to handle the situation where a caller ID doesn't match any record by sending the user to the New Contact page with the phone number field populated. The user would then supply a last name and any other details and save (or not) the resulting new contact record.

What the the steps I need to do to actually do this programatically?

Thanks,

Grant Schenck
ShoreTel