• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a program that calls setFieldsToNull to set fields to null, but not all the fields in the null list were successfully done with the original value wiped off.  Strange things are : two fields, both are defined as text(50), one field with original value wiped off, another one was not.  Another two fields, both are picklist type, one successfully set to null, another one not. 

Anyone have clue ?

karenk

I am working on an API that updates the Contact table.   I use the setFieldsToNull(nullFields[]) for fields that need to set to null  but got the nullPointerException.  I coded the same way in my another API that updates the Account table fields, it worked fine. 

Can anyone tell me why the setFieldsToNull do not work on Contact fields?

Thanks

KarenK

I am working on an API that updates the Contact table.   I use the setFieldsToNull(nullFields[]) for fields that need to set to null  but got the nullPointerException.  I coded the same way in my another API that updates the Account table fields, it worked fine. 

Can anyone tell me why the setFieldsToNull do not work on Contact fields?

Thanks

KarenK

Is there a table which lists the IDs or deleted contacts?  Otherwise is there another way to know which contacts have been deleted recently?  I would prefer not to search each ID to see if it still exists in the contact table.

Thank you for any help provided