• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

In our multi-international company, our finance department puts out reports and they want the figures in our company (base) currency Swedish Kronor (SEK) without decimals or the SEK designation showing. Our salespeople all over the world enter their opportunities in the relevant currency for their sales regions - anything from Euro, to Dollars, to Rubles. We want their opportunities entered this way.

After attaching the product, the opportunity Amount is captured and shown - example - EUR 2,00 (SEK 20,62) Our finance department wants to put out company wide reports in SEK that would show this opportunity amount as '20' - not SEK 20 or 20,62 - just '20'. I could achieve this for local currencies by creating a formula field where my created field 'Numerical Amount' = Amount. The question was how I could achieve the same for the company/base currency.

Ideas?

/George at TeliaSonera International Carrier

Looking for a little help here after trying to self help myself has failed. I am looking for a way to have an email notification sent out automatically to designated individuals when the stage of an opportunity changes. We have Bid Managers who want to be automatically notified when the stage of an opportunity is changed by an Account Manager. Are there any quick fixes?

I have set-up different 'opportunity value' calculation fields for different opportunities. In one of the formulas, I would like to add some conditions to the field. The field should calculate as it is set-up to, but if first part of the calculation field comes back as 0 (zero), then the field should come up as zero. Here is the specific example.

Opportunity field: Opportunity_Value_Contract
Data type: Formula
( Per_Meg_Price__c * Commited_Megs__c * Contract_length_months__c )+ OTC__c

NOW - if the first part of this formula ( Per_Meg_Price__c * Commited_Megs__c * Contract_length_months__c ) calculates to (0) zero, I want the entire field to return a (0) zero. Even if there is an OTC_c entered.

I am looking for some ‘if – then’ logic. I have tried to go into advanced formula and use 'IF' logic, but I can't get the syntax right. My instincts tell me it is rather easy for someone more versed in this logic.

Guidance anyone? Thanks!

Looking for a little help here after trying to self help myself has failed. I am looking for a way to have an email notification sent out automatically to designated individuals when the stage of an opportunity changes. We have Bid Managers who want to be automatically notified when the stage of an opportunity is changed by an Account Manager. Are there any quick fixes?

I have set-up different 'opportunity value' calculation fields for different opportunities. In one of the formulas, I would like to add some conditions to the field. The field should calculate as it is set-up to, but if first part of the calculation field comes back as 0 (zero), then the field should come up as zero. Here is the specific example.

Opportunity field: Opportunity_Value_Contract
Data type: Formula
( Per_Meg_Price__c * Commited_Megs__c * Contract_length_months__c )+ OTC__c

NOW - if the first part of this formula ( Per_Meg_Price__c * Commited_Megs__c * Contract_length_months__c ) calculates to (0) zero, I want the entire field to return a (0) zero. Even if there is an OTC_c entered.

I am looking for some ‘if – then’ logic. I have tried to go into advanced formula and use 'IF' logic, but I can't get the syntax right. My instincts tell me it is rather easy for someone more versed in this logic.

Guidance anyone? Thanks!