• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to use ruby (soap4r) with the sforce API. I'm having no problems with SOQL queries, but I'm unable to get Retrieve working.

The wiretrace from my last attempt looked like:

= Request

POST /services/Soap/c/6.0 HTTP/1.1
SOAPAction: ""
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
User-Agent: SOAP4R/1.5.4 (/114, ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [powerpc-darwin8.0])
Date: Wed Sep 21 11:55:27 PDT 2005
Content-Length: 877
Host: na1-api.salesforce.com

xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

xmlns="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com">
O3kaG59yadahyadah.lRHax_wILyadahyadahzi4=

client

Asset
02i300000002tQIAAY
Name

= Response

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Server: sfdc
Cache-Control: private
Connection: close
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:55:23 GMT

soapenv:Server
INVALID_TYPE: sObject type '02i300000002tQIAAY' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

INVALID_TYPE
sObject type '02i300000002tQIAAY' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

This request looks correct to me. Why is sforce trying to interpret the Id as an SObject?
This Id was returned from a previous SOQL query.

What's wrong with this request?
  • September 21, 2005
I'm trying to use ruby (soap4r) with the sforce API. I'm having no problems with SOQL queries, but I'm unable to get Retrieve working.

The wiretrace from my last attempt looked like:

= Request

POST /services/Soap/c/6.0 HTTP/1.1
SOAPAction: ""
User-Agent: SOAP4R/1.5.4 (/114, ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [powerpc-darwin8.0])
Date: Wed Sep 21 11:55:27 PDT 2005
Content-Length: 877
Host: na1-api.salesforce.com

xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

O3kaG59yadahyadah.lRHax_wILyadahyadahzi4=

client

Asset
02i300000002tQIAAY
Name

= Response

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Server: sfdc
Cache-Control: private
Connection: close
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:55:23 GMT

soapenv:Server
INVALID_TYPE: sObject type '02i300000002tQIAAY' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

INVALID_TYPE
sObject type '02i300000002tQIAAY' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

This request looks correct to me. Why is sforce trying to interpret the Id as an SObject?
This Id was returned from a previous SOQL query.

What's wrong with this request?
  • September 21, 2005
Hi. I'm using the Ruby SOAP4r library with the Enterprise portal to try to add a new Opportunity. I create a new Opportunity object and add all the fields that SalesForce appears to require:

opp = Opportunity.new
class << opp
attr_accessor :accountId, :amount, :name, :closeDate, :stageName
end

opp.accountId = the_account
opp.amount = "3.14"
opp.name = "Test from script"
opp.closeDate = "2005-8-25"
opp.stageName = "Closed Won"

binding.create(Create.new([opp]))

But I consistently see the error message "common.exception.ApiException: Must send a concrete entity type. (SOAP::FaultError)". I don't get it. What could be more concrete than an Opportunity? How can I find out what piece of information SForce is missing? Should I add more fields? Which ones?

Before you ask, yes, I've regenerated my WSDL files and rerun wsdl2ruby.
  • August 26, 2005
Has anyone played with this yet? Due to my lack programing and not very familiar with JAVA and/or eclipse I'm running into some issues, errors could very well be between chair and computer.

In reading the Email2Case Readme file it states: "Load the Prject in Eclipse, and Start it up. You'll alos want to build the Email2Case JAR so you can run it from the command line." I have the 1.4.2 JSDK installed (from using the partner toolkit which runs properly)

I have extracted the Email2Case project to my C:\\EmailAgent60. Then I opened Eclipse and created a new project. I think I added the "Email2Case.jar" fine. I then go to Run and the "main Class" is set to org.apache.tools.ant.Main. I run it and it give me the error of: "build.xml does not exist!"

Ideas?