• 5 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is it possible to use the value in a custom lookup field as the "value" argument in a CASE formula? Here's my situation:

I have a custom formula in my contact object called "NTEE_Name__c", that looks like this:

CASE( {!NTEE_Code__c} , "B12", "Fund Raising & Fund Distribution", NULL)

where NTEE_Code__c is a custom lookup field. That field appears in the list of custom fields that can be used in a formula on my customer object, and the formula validates just fine, so it looks like it should work.

However, when I look at a record that has a value of "B12" in NTEE_Code__c, the value of NTEE_Name__c is null.

Can anyone see a problem with the formula, or is the problem that I'm trying to use a lookup field?
Hi, Can anyone please tell me how i can get the Excel connector for Professional Edition and how to set this up step by step?
i heard that i need to get office edition 3.0.
if anyone know where i can get this, could you help me in finding it please?
Thank you all for your expertise...

• October 18, 2006
Hi all,

Where can I get information on what the Excel connector is and how we can use it to our advantage. Could this be used in salesforce.com only or does it integrate with other platforms such as Eloqua?

Cheers.
What's a good way, using the connector, or other way, to take a csv of Notes that need to be appended to Lead records?  Here's an example of a line item on the csv:

Lead ID                         Notes
000x24500245x            Customer stopped by our tradeshow booth.  Interested in purchasing.

I just want the Notes to show up on the Lead record as a line item on the Notes and Attachements related list for that Lead.
Can anyone help me, i need to update a custom object thats attached to a contact object but have can see no way to link them. i've tried using the id form the contact form to link to the OwnerId of the custom object but no joy.

Any ideas would be most appriciated

Cheers
  • September 14, 2006
Is it possible to use the value in a custom lookup field as the "value" argument in a CASE formula? Here's my situation:

I have a custom formula in my contact object called "NTEE_Name__c", that looks like this:

CASE( {!NTEE_Code__c} , "B12", "Fund Raising & Fund Distribution", NULL)

where NTEE_Code__c is a custom lookup field. That field appears in the list of custom fields that can be used in a formula on my customer object, and the formula validates just fine, so it looks like it should work.

However, when I look at a record that has a value of "B12" in NTEE_Code__c, the value of NTEE_Name__c is null.

Can anyone see a problem with the formula, or is the problem that I'm trying to use a lookup field?