• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Any thoughts on how to create a PDF page from an scontrol.  The best option I've seen so far is manual - create HTML, save (IE only), and use an online service that generates the PDF.  Checking to see if there is another way...
Thanks.
  • April 17, 2006
Hello.  I want to create an scontrol that displays two pages - the first accepts user input (HTML checkboxes) and the second displays some HTML.  Is this possible?  And if so, how do I do it?  Essentially, a user will be making a quote from an Opportunity, but he/she will be able to choose which options will appear on the final quote.  Then click submit, and the quote is presented. 

I would prefer to keep this all as a single scontrol.  Although as an alternative, can the first click be to an outside side, which just houses the options screen?  Then the submit button will call the actual scontrol?  Will I be able to pass all of the necessary variables?

The easier option is to just put the options in the Opportunity itself, but they don't really belong there, so I was hoping to avoid that...

Thanks for your time.
  • April 17, 2006
I'm seeing the day-minus-one issue when I try to copy a date from object to another using the ajax toolkit. This issue was raised in another thread in early october (2005), but another post indicated that it was going to be resolved shortly. Should this still be a problem?

My code is simple:

var clsDate = qr.records[0].get("CloseDate");
implementation.set("CloseDate__c", clsDate);

however the date on the implementation object is one day behind the original CloseDate...

thanks
gali
  • October 28, 2005
Hello. What are my options for sending emails from an scontrol? My thought is to write a standalone process that combs through objects and sends the appropriate emails, but I thought I'd check the scontrol route as well.
thanks
  • October 05, 2005
Hello - I'm writing an scontrol and I'm iterating through a fairly large set of objects. Can someone point me to SOAP (and code) that manages the equivalent of the queryMore call to the API? So first it needs to check whether or not the query is complete, and if it isn't, resend the query with a pointer.

thanks
  • August 29, 2005
hello.

i've had several requests lately for scontrols which do queries and updates to many objects. for example, i query all open opportunities, iterate and query their products, do some product line item calculations, then update the individual opportunities.

when these apps were first proposed to me, i suggested writing each as a standalone app that is set to run at an appropriate interval. i'm concerned with browser time-out, etc, as these scontrols take some time to run. however the people that propose the work would rather avoid the task of deploying and configuring the code...

so i'm looking for other opinions. how do you typically handle these requests. should i just set up my own (hosted) machine where i deploy all of these apps so that the clients don't have to worry about them? (plus i'll always have access to the code in case updates are required.) or - what is the limit of what you'll do in an scontrol (i know there is no concrete answer for this.)

thanks for your time
  • August 28, 2005
Hello. I want to execute an event whenever a certain event occurs in the salesforce.com interface. Specifically, whenever someone updates an opportunity, I want some code (an sforce control) to automatically execute. I'm guessing this is not possible.

I know that I can create a link to the control, or i can have an app that runs independently and polls the system regularly. But I'd prefer a real-time solution, if possible.

I appreciate any feedback.
chris
  • August 12, 2005
hello. i want to create a list view (in the UI) that will show me all accounts where i am on the corresponding account team. as far as i know, there is no way to do this directly through the UI. to that end, what is the best approach?

the only one i've thought of is a bit messy. essentially i would create a custom variable "account team members" on account, then write a process that populates it. the process would iterate through all accounts, check the team members, and copy the names to the custom variable. finally, i would create a list view that checked for my user in the custom variable.

is there a better way? something with sforce controls?

i appreciate your time
chris
  • August 04, 2005
I'm seeing the day-minus-one issue when I try to copy a date from object to another using the ajax toolkit. This issue was raised in another thread in early october (2005), but another post indicated that it was going to be resolved shortly. Should this still be a problem?

My code is simple:

var clsDate = qr.records[0].get("CloseDate");
implementation.set("CloseDate__c", clsDate);

however the date on the implementation object is one day behind the original CloseDate...

thanks
gali
  • October 28, 2005
Hello - I'm writing an scontrol and I'm iterating through a fairly large set of objects. Can someone point me to SOAP (and code) that manages the equivalent of the queryMore call to the API? So first it needs to check whether or not the query is complete, and if it isn't, resend the query with a pointer.

thanks
  • August 29, 2005
Hi,
Does anybody have a view/example of an scontrol that works both in IE and Mozilla/Netscape? One of the things I like about sf over other ondemand solutions is that it is cross browser, but it seems that the most common solution is to use an activeX control. Are there options for cross browser scontrols?

Regards,
Anthony.