• 25 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I was hoping that SFDC would add time based rule evaluation to the workflow capabilities.  That is, to run workflow rules without requiring the record to be modified first to trigger the rule.

My example is we allow some accounts be have a protected status as long as they have certain activity in a certain time period.  I've created the field that shows the days since said qualified activity occured, I have a workflow that will change the protected status based on the value in that qualified activity age field.

However, the rule only runs when someone modifies the account, so accounts can be falsely protected simply by not editing them.

I'm trying to find a way to make this rule run periodically without the modification.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael
It's not often I ask for help but this one has me puzzled and I'm not sure what route to go.

I have a custom object the has 3 fields I'm trying to automate. The fields are Product Type, Product Name, and Part #.

I'm trying to use an S-control with a javascript multi-level select that I can just hover over the menu and drill down to the correct part number. But I have no idea how to get the data from the menu into a text box or into the object field itself.

I have no problems updating fields from an S-control but the menu thing has me puzzled. I started with a chain-menu drop-down but still couldn't figure out the transfer of data.

I don't want to go on and on, so a direct email or phone call might be better.
  • January 12, 2007

We have an email that alerts a customer that a new case comment has been added to their case.

At the moment I've got a URL within the email that sends them to our self-service portal login page, but I'd really like to send them to the specific case. I do this for our internal contacts using a Case.Link field if they were using Salesforce but these are our external customers who will only see their cases via the portal. Is there another field that we can use that does the same thing?

As customers list of cases builds over time this will become an increasing issue for us as we only use the standard version of the portal and the display is a bit limited.

Many thanks

Kathryn

I'm a little new at this, but I created a formula field that is supposed to run one forumla if the Account=X, and then run another (similar) formula if the Account<>X.  I'm not getting syntax errors, but the actual field doesn't calculate any differently when I add it to the report. 

Basically, I'm trying to subsitute "CPC_ING_TRM_LIFE_25_c" (instead of ING_c) when the Account name is CPC.  However, it's calculating the second formula with the ING_c for all Account names (including CPC).  Can anyone tell me why it's not working?   

IF( Account__c="CPC", AIG__c + AUL__c + BM__c + CPC_ING_TRM_LIFE_25__c + Htfd__c + Other__c + ReliStnd__c + UNUM__c, AIG__c + AUL__c + BM__c + Htfd__c + Other__c + ReliStnd__c + UNUM__c+ ING__c)
Hello SF Community,

I am brand new to Salesforce, and I am trying to compile a report.
We have added custom month fields under the Opportunity table (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.)
These fields contain the amount of earnings expected from an opportunity that particular month. 

The report that I am compiling needs to add the months into quarters (There is no field for quarterly earnings in the DB).

So the layout is as follows:
Jan =$10k
Feb =$10k
Mar =$10k

and I need to output to excel in form of:
Q1 Revenue = $30k

I have been messing with the formula fields for some time now and I cannot seem to figure out a way to sum the values of those fields. 

The error I get is:  "Field Feb__c does not exist. Check spelling."
I get this for all the months. Also the fields for months, even though they contain a currency value, were created as text fields.

The last formula I attempted to put in:

Label: Q1
Format: Number
Formula:
Jan__c + Feb__c + Mar__c

Also, the month fields do not appear under the drop down menu.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hey Everyone,

I have a custom link that will create a new custom object record called sales credit. After the link has been pressed and the user enters information and saves the record, I want the user to be directed back to the opportunity he/she created the sales credit from. I've created the following link however it doesnt seem to work correctly. Any ideas?

Code:
https://na3.salesforce.com/a03/e—CF00N50000001SiGJ={!Opportunity.Name}&CF00N50000001SiGJ_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}&00N50000001SiG3={!Opportunity.Booked_Amount__c}&00N50000001SiGI={!Opportunity.Margin_Dollars__c}&retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}

• April 10, 2007
I want to create a workflow field update formula that will take the prior value of a picklist and compare it to it's current value if someone changes it on the opportunity.  If the current value was "A" for example and was changed to "B", then I want a separate field to get populated with $User.Username to show who changed it.

I've tried playing with a combination of the ISPICKVAL and PRIORVALUE functions, but I can't seem to get the syntax right.

Any help steering me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Greg
HI,

In custom formula  field  i want to do some calculation. This calculation depends on fields from another custom object. But these fields and there custom objects are not accessible to me. So, How to access these fields . Is there any solution is available for this.

thanks.

Hello! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm trying to pass field data from one Custom Object to another in Spring '07. I've created a "Client" custom object and would like to pass field information to a "Service Agreement" custom object, when  creating a new Service Agreement through a related list. For example when I create a new "Service Agreement" from the Client object I want the Client fields "Sales Manager Name" and "Client Address" to auto-populate in the new Service Agreement record.

I've tried the Custom Link but cant get it to work. I don't have that much of a programming background and would greatly greatly appreciate any help or step  by step instructions :smileywink:

Thanks and happy Wednesday!
I was hoping that SFDC would add time based rule evaluation to the workflow capabilities.  That is, to run workflow rules without requiring the record to be modified first to trigger the rule.

My example is we allow some accounts be have a protected status as long as they have certain activity in a certain time period.  I've created the field that shows the days since said qualified activity occured, I have a workflow that will change the protected status based on the value in that qualified activity age field.

However, the rule only runs when someone modifies the account, so accounts can be falsely protected simply by not editing them.

I'm trying to find a way to make this rule run periodically without the modification.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael
It's not often I ask for help but this one has me puzzled and I'm not sure what route to go.

I have a custom object the has 3 fields I'm trying to automate. The fields are Product Type, Product Name, and Part #.

I'm trying to use an S-control with a javascript multi-level select that I can just hover over the menu and drill down to the correct part number. But I have no idea how to get the data from the menu into a text box or into the object field itself.

I have no problems updating fields from an S-control but the menu thing has me puzzled. I started with a chain-menu drop-down but still couldn't figure out the transfer of data.

I don't want to go on and on, so a direct email or phone call might be better.
  • January 12, 2007
Does anyone have any idea how to run an Scontrol from a Hyperlink formula field?  So far, I can only get the scontrol to work as a custom link.

Thanks,
  • November 16, 2006
I'm using the Mail Merge Template to generate a Word document based on information entered in Salesforce (in a custom object).  This is the merge field I'm using:

{MERGEFIELD TENANT_EXTRA_BILL_TO \* MERGEFORMAT}

The problem is that if the TENANT_EXTRA_BILL_TO field is blank, Word prints a line like this: ___________ instead of just a blank line.  Would anyone know the exact format of an IF statement to specify that if the field is left blank in Salesforce it should just print a blank line (or nothing at all)?

Also, is there any way to force lower case in the merged document for a certain field? I've tried this:

{MERGEFIELD TENANT_EXTRA_FREQUENCY \* lower \* MERGEFORMAT} but it doesn't seem to work.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

ET

Hi, I have several record types in a custom object. Now I am thinking about using excel connector to insert new record, and this new record should be one of the existing record types.
Is there a way to do this? How?

Thanks.
  • October 24, 2006
Hi All!
I want to know that can we associate the approval requests with opportunities ? Means that some one can request for approval against opportunity instead of a contract ?

Best Regards
Ahsen Saeed