• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
hello I am running a program to send alerts when cases are created, comments are added, etc.. But somehow every once in a while I get this exception java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out java.net.SocketException: Connection reset Is there any way I could make my program sleep for a while and then reconnect?.... I am using Java 1.4.2_09 and Axis 1.1 Thank you
  • November 21, 2005
I am writing an scontrol using AJAX toolkit and have uploaded a document (1.gif) to the "Graphics" folder in salesforce... how would I reference it in my scontrol?...

Thank you
  • November 10, 2005
For example I have a case A with only one comment... Lets say the parentID='caseid' and ID='comment' for case A in the caseComment table...

Now when I query the database with individually saying
1) where parentID='caseid'
2) where ID='comment'
then the only comment is returned...

But when I do
3) select x, y, z from caseComment where parentID='caseid' and id!='comment'

It still returns the comment... This is true for some cases and not in some other cases.. I guess these ID and parentID values have leading or trailing spaces in 'comment' or 'caseid'...

Is it something I am doing wrong?.... Please HELP
  • November 03, 2005
I created an scontrol using the AJAX tookit... It was able to query the database for me and tell me exactly how many records existed... This was done by doing something like

sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_60}");
var accName = "{!Account_Name}";
var queryResult = sforceClient.Query("select billingcity, id from account where Name=\'"+accName+"\'");
if(queryResult.size == 1)
{
var account = queryResult.records[0];
alert("Billing City is: " + account.billingcity+"\nID = " + account.id);
}

But the program was giving an error at the alert line saying that "billingcity is null or not an object".

Can anyone help me on this.. Thanks
  • October 27, 2005
Can I use JSP code in scontrols?
  • October 26, 2005

hi

I am using Java 1.4.2_09 and Axis 1.1...  I am getting a MALFORMED_QUERY exception when I run the query

select email from user where short_Name__c in ('C. Morse', 'R. Tom').. The error that I got was

AxisFault
 faultCode: {urn:fault.enterprise.soap.sforce.com}MALFORMED_QUERY
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: MALFORMED_QUERY:
select email from User where short_Name__c in ('C. Morse', 'R.
                             ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:30
unexpected token: short_Name__c
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {urn:fault.enterprise.soap.sforce.com}fault:
     <sf:exceptionCode>MALFORMED_QUERY</sf:exceptionCode>
     <sf:exceptionMessage>

Can someone help me on this.. Thank you

• October 04, 2005

I have Java 1.5 SDK installed on my machine... I also installed Apache Axis 1.2.1 Final and included all the jar files in the classpath..... Downloaded quickstart.zip, unzipped it and included the quickstart.jar in the classpath too...

Then moved the source file quickstart.java to c:\ drive and compiled it... Compilation was successful, but generated a runtime error when tried to Login.. Could anyone please look at the error and tell me what the problem might be..

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: WRAPPED
        at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SoapBindingStub.<clinit>(SoapBindingStub.j
ava:28)
        at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SforceServiceLocator.getSoap(SforceService
Locator.java:45)
Locator.java:40)
        at quickstart.doLogin(quickstart.java:190)
        at quickstart.mainLoop(quickstart.java:65)
        at quickstart.<init>(quickstart.java:38)
        at quickstart.main(quickstart.java:34)

Thank you

• September 27, 2005

Is there anyway I could trigger an scontrol when a new case is created?...Thank you

• September 13, 2005
hello I am running a program to send alerts when cases are created, comments are added, etc.. But somehow every once in a while I get this exception java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out java.net.SocketException: Connection reset Is there any way I could make my program sleep for a while and then reconnect?.... I am using Java 1.4.2_09 and Axis 1.1 Thank you
  • November 21, 2005
For example I have a case A with only one comment... Lets say the parentID='caseid' and ID='comment' for case A in the caseComment table...

Now when I query the database with individually saying
1) where parentID='caseid'
2) where ID='comment'
then the only comment is returned...

But when I do
3) select x, y, z from caseComment where parentID='caseid' and id!='comment'

It still returns the comment... This is true for some cases and not in some other cases.. I guess these ID and parentID values have leading or trailing spaces in 'comment' or 'caseid'...

Is it something I am doing wrong?.... Please HELP
  • November 03, 2005
I created an scontrol using the AJAX tookit... It was able to query the database for me and tell me exactly how many records existed... This was done by doing something like

sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_60}");
var accName = "{!Account_Name}";
var queryResult = sforceClient.Query("select billingcity, id from account where Name=\'"+accName+"\'");
if(queryResult.size == 1)
{
var account = queryResult.records[0];
alert("Billing City is: " + account.billingcity+"\nID = " + account.id);
}

But the program was giving an error at the alert line saying that "billingcity is null or not an object".

Can anyone help me on this.. Thanks
  • October 27, 2005

hi

I am using Java 1.4.2_09 and Axis 1.1...  I am getting a MALFORMED_QUERY exception when I run the query

select email from user where short_Name__c in ('C. Morse', 'R. Tom').. The error that I got was

AxisFault
 faultCode: {urn:fault.enterprise.soap.sforce.com}MALFORMED_QUERY
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: MALFORMED_QUERY:
select email from User where short_Name__c in (&apos;C. Morse&apos;, &apos;R.
                             ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:30
unexpected token: short_Name__c
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
        {urn:fault.enterprise.soap.sforce.com}fault:
     <sf:exceptionCode>MALFORMED_QUERY</sf:exceptionCode>
     <sf:exceptionMessage>

Can someone help me on this.. Thank you

• October 04, 2005

I have Java 1.5 SDK installed on my machine... I also installed Apache Axis 1.2.1 Final and included all the jar files in the classpath..... Downloaded quickstart.zip, unzipped it and included the quickstart.jar in the classpath too...

Then moved the source file quickstart.java to c:\ drive and compiled it... Compilation was successful, but generated a runtime error when tried to Login.. Could anyone please look at the error and tell me what the problem might be..

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: WRAPPED
        at com.sforce.soap.enterprise.SoapBindingStub.<clinit>(SoapBindingStub.j
ava:28)
Locator.java:45)
Locator.java:40)
        at quickstart.doLogin(quickstart.java:190)
        at quickstart.mainLoop(quickstart.java:65)
        at quickstart.<init>(quickstart.java:38)
        at quickstart.main(quickstart.java:34)

Thank you

• September 27, 2005

Is there anyway I could trigger an scontrol when a new case is created?...Thank you

• September 13, 2005