• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

We currently use email2case. We would like to have the IsVisibleInCss field (Visible in Self-Service Portal) set to false by default when a case is logged. Can anyone help me modify the code to set this value when the case is submitted?

Many thanks

Gareth

Hello,

I have a question for a task that I felt would be quite simple. We need to change the owner of about 300 cases. I thought I would be able to export the information using the excel connector, then change the owner, finally choose to update the select cells.

The problem with this is that it cannot update the fields in the database because the ID is not what is actually stored in the DB.

How do you change the owner of lots of cases?

Many thanks for any help

Gareth

Hello, we have had some real nightmares this morning. We have been using email2case to automatically generate tickets. This morning we have been seeing some problems with duplicate tickets being generated. The emails all seem to be fine. We have looked through the logs and found they all seem to have the following message.

2005-09-21 09:02:21,273 424441124 [Timer-0] ERROR com.sforce.mail.GenericClient  - javax.mail.MessagingException: A9 NO Some messages in the mailbox had previously been expunged and could not be returned.;
  nested exception is:
 com.sun.mail.iap.CommandFailedException: A9 NO Some messages in the mailbox had previously been expunged and could not be returned.
javax.mail.MessagingException: A9 NO Some messages in the mailbox had previously been expunged and could not be returned.;
  nested exception is:
 com.sun.mail.iap.CommandFailedException: A9 NO Some messages in the mailbox had previously been expunged and could not be returned.
 at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPMessage.setFlags(IMAPMessage.java:753)
 at javax.mail.Message.setFlag(Message.java:541)
 at com.sforce.mail.GenericClient.handleMessage(GenericClient.java:374)
 at com.sforce.mail.GenericClient.receive(GenericClient.java:322)
 at com.sforce.mail.EmailService$EmailWorker.run(EmailService.java:113)
 at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
 at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

The email got processed twice and so a duplicate ticket was issued to the customer

Does anyone have any experience of this and could anyone help me on this issue. It is proving to a real pain in the a*&!  ;¬)

Many thanks for your help

• September 21, 2005

Hello,

I have a quick question (although i do not expect the answer to be so short ) regarding the back up and restoration data from the SFDC database.

Does anyone have an automted export script/tool, Along with this has anyone got a process to on how to get the data back in? I am not talking one or two contacts. I am refering to if all opportunities get deleted etc.

I am aware of the recycle bin but this is not everything we want.

any help you may be able to offer would be welcomed!

Thanks

Gareth

• September 14, 2005
Hello,

We currently use email2case. We would like to have the IsVisibleInCss field (Visible in Self-Service Portal) set to false by default when a case is logged. Can anyone help me modify the code to set this value when the case is submitted?

Many thanks

Gareth

Hello,

I have a question for a task that I felt would be quite simple. We need to change the owner of about 300 cases. I thought I would be able to export the information using the excel connector, then change the owner, finally choose to update the select cells.

The problem with this is that it cannot update the fields in the database because the ID is not what is actually stored in the DB.

How do you change the owner of lots of cases?

Many thanks for any help

Gareth

I am trying to create a calc field that discounts the Opportunity amount field if the amount is greater than a specific value.

For example:

If Opp_Amount > $10,000 then discount is equal 20%. So the value in the field will equal 10,000 x .20.

Because there are multiple discount levels it will have to evaluate multiple if statements. If none of the statements apply then the value would remain equal to the Opp_Amount.

Can this be done using a calculating field? If so how would I arange the if,else statements.

Thanks

• September 11, 2005
A new release of the Email-To-Case Agent Code is available and can be found here:
http://www.sforce.com/resources/toolkits-samples.jsp#EmailToCase

The focus of the release was to enhance the Email-To-Case Agent Code to perform retries when the email server or Sforce service are not reachable. In addition, email monitoring with notifications and error codes has been implemented.

The Email-To-Case Agent Code currently includes support for:
--Notifications
--Error Handling
--Logging
--Retries
--Blocking
--Ant build script

The Email-to-Case Agent source code is a sample implementation that pulls emails from multiple email addresses on your mail server and uses the Sforce API to create new cases in Supportforce, or append to an existing case. It currently supports servers with IMAP support. Customers can use the source code to extend the Email Agent beyond these capabilities to meet additional requirements.

This source code is not supported by Salesforce.com and is provided as a sample to accelerate the implementation of Email Management.

Mark Abramowitz
Senior Product Manager, Supportforce