• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Managed Beta package failed during installation with an unknown error. Logged a case with Salesforce.com

The error did not say anything about the reason for the error. It just had a salesforce error number!!!. What help is that ? Salesforce should seriously start thinking on working towards spitting correct, useful informational error messages that can help diagnose the cause of the error.

Error:

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1922689759-2914 (-727923320)

We later found through a series of repackaging and resintalls the reason for the error.

The package included a permission set that had "Read" object permission for a custom child object. The master to the child is the standard Opportunity object. We were trying to set the permissions for opportunity and the child would automatically get the Read permission set due to the master-child relationship. This would generate an error during package install. The package would compile without any error though.

So now we know that you cannot set the object permissions in a permission set in a package on a custom object if the object is a child to a standard object through master-child relationship. We wanted to set only Read permission on the custom child object in the permission set so that the user would not be able Delete/Edit the records from UI.(page layouts)

You can set the object permissions on a child object to a standard object(master ) in a profile and the package will install successfully. Profiles are better that permission sets (whatever works is best - ugh!!!)

Has anyone got this error before? Is not being able to set object permissions on a child object in a permission set a bug or an expected behavior? Can Salesforce please clarify this.

Hi,

Thiis is really wierd. I am not being able to create an opportunittyLineItem record if the Profile permissions for Product are Read and Create only.

I have a VF page and a controller class. The VF page uses the Standard and custom controller. The Tag is

<apex:page standardController="OpportunityLineItem" extensions="AddOpportunityItemController" showHeader="true" >

The OpportunityLineItem record is in a wrapper Class "WrapperProductDisplay.cls" called from within the custom controller "AddOpportunityItemController". The wrapper class has two functioons as below

public OpportunityLineItem getOppLineItem()

{

PricebookEntry pre= getPricebkEntry();

if(pre!=null) //to innitialise Opp line item unit price to the product list price on Add line items and to have default functioonality for edit line itsms

{

if(oppLItem.UnitPrice==null)

{

oppLItem.UnitPrice=pre.UnitPrice;

}

}

return oppLItem;

}

public void setOppLineItem(OpportunityLineItem li)

{

oppLItem=li;

}

The VF page has a custom CommandButton "Save". Thiis save does not get fired for the above Profile. In effect when I looked at the OpportunityLineItem record all values posted back were null?

If the Profile is given "Edit"  permission for  the Standard Product Object then everything works fine.

Can anyone please HELP!

Hi,

I am perplexed. I have not written a bulk update trigger assuming that web to case forms are not bulk updates and because there were many objects being updated at the same time like account and asset. I am submitting these web-to-case forms at the same time(case is being created at the same time on same date) for two forms submitted. One fails and the other succeeds.

The trigger updates count on asset and account for the number of forms being submitted. Should it fail if case is created at the same time.?

Is this some kind of gimmick!

Regards

Sandeep

I am trying to a small POC on what i heard was Force.com and Google app engine integration. I created a site on appspot.com and configured the SVN on my Eclipse and was able to successfully create a Project in Eclipse from the toolkit source code. When i try to ligin to Salesforce from my Python code fromlocalmachine it works fine but when i deploy the application to my appspot.com site as an app engine application from appcfg.py, it says "The request method GET is inappropriate for the URL /login."

Can somebody help!
Hi,

I want to create the functionality "Find Duplicate" as is avaialable in Lead for Person Accounts. The button will be on the Page layout of the Account page and will be available only for Person Accounts.
The functionaly needs to be developed in Visual Force and Apex. Can I use the apex merge call in an apex class. Will this be a better idea to create this in apex rather than as an S-Control. Has anybody tried this or has some piece of code that can get me working

would be grateful
Thanks
Hi,

I am unable to install private package if "Manage Package Licenses" is unchecked in profile. Is this related to org license. Mine is a developer license. Is there a way to check this option.

Other options like "Customize Application" and "Download AppExchange Packages" options are bothe checked and i don't see any problem there. What could be holding the install of the package and if it is because of ""Manage Package Licenses" then how to check this option.

Sandeep
when i try to declare a map in an Apex class i get error "Error: Compile Error: unexpected token: map"
I am using a developer login with development mode checked to true. Is it that Map object has to be enabled on developer login?

Map<string, string> myMap=new Map<string, string>();

Facing a certain issue on internet explorer while custom integrating skipjack with salesforce.

1.       On posting a visual force page form from IE 6.0 to https://developer.skipjackic.com/scripts/evolvcc.dll?AuthorizeAPI" we get “Permission Denied” error

2.       On Posting a form from Firefox 2.0.0.12/Mozilla the same form gets posted but with a popup to Allow or Deny the form post .

3.       The function PostForm(sVars) below is called on a button click which sends the request through an XMLHttpRequest call to the sjipjack server

The error on IE is due to a cross domain call by the XMLHttpRequest object on line xmlHttp.open("POST",url,false);

The javascript code inside the form that makes this work is

<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js"></script>

<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/apex.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

//make call to skipjack server through xmlHttpRequest object

function PostForm(sVars)

{

xmlHttp=GetXmlHttpObject();

if (xmlHttp==null)

{

alert ("Your browser does not support AJAX!");

return;

}

var url="https://developer.skipjackic.com/scripts/evolvcc.dll?AuthorizeAPI";

alert(sVars);

alert("beforesent");

xmlHttp.onreadystatechange=stateChanged;

//check browser

var IE = document.all?true:false

// If NS -- that is, !IE -- then set call netscape.security

if (!IE)

{

netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalBrowserRead");

}

xmlHttp.open("POST",url,false);

xmlHttp.setRequestHeader("Content-Type",

"application/x-www-form-urlencoded");

xmlHttp.send(sVars);

alert("sent");

}

function GetXmlHttpObject()

{  

var xr=null;

if(window.XMLHttpRequest) //if browser is mozilla/firefox

{

try

{

xr=new XMLHttpRequest();

}

catch(e){alert(xr);

}

}

Else //if browser is IE

{

if(window.ActiveXObject)

{

try

{

xr=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");

}

catch(e)

{

}

if(!xr)

{

try

{

xr=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");

}

catch(e)

{

}

}

}

}

return xr;

}

</script>

I am trying to a small POC on what i heard was Force.com and Google app engine integration. I created a site on appspot.com and configured the SVN on my Eclipse and was able to successfully create a Project in Eclipse from the toolkit source code. When i try to ligin to Salesforce from my Python code fromlocalmachine it works fine but when i deploy the application to my appspot.com site as an app engine application from appcfg.py, it says "The request method GET is inappropriate for the URL /login."

Can somebody help!
I'm trying to do some updates when a lead is converted.  I have a custom object that is related to a lead, and when the lead is converted, I want my custom object to be related to the new account that is created, or the account to which it is merged.  As I've searched the documentation, all I can find are references explaining how to code the actual conversion, but I just want to do some updates when that happens.  Does anyone have ideas how to do this?  Thanks!
when i try to declare a map in an Apex class i get error "Error: Compile Error: unexpected token: map"
I am using a developer login with development mode checked to true. Is it that Map object has to be enabled on developer login?

Map<string, string> myMap=new Map<string, string>();

Facing a certain issue on internet explorer while custom integrating skipjack with salesforce.

1.       On posting a visual force page form from IE 6.0 to https://developer.skipjackic.com/scripts/evolvcc.dll?AuthorizeAPI" we get “Permission Denied” error

2.       On Posting a form from Firefox 2.0.0.12/Mozilla the same form gets posted but with a popup to Allow or Deny the form post .

3.       The function PostForm(sVars) below is called on a button click which sends the request through an XMLHttpRequest call to the sjipjack server

The error on IE is due to a cross domain call by the XMLHttpRequest object on line xmlHttp.open("POST",url,false);

The javascript code inside the form that makes this work is

<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js"></script>

<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/apex.js"></script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

//make call to skipjack server through xmlHttpRequest object

function PostForm(sVars)

{

xmlHttp=GetXmlHttpObject();

if (xmlHttp==null)

{

alert ("Your browser does not support AJAX!");

return;