• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I need to forcefully show the red bar along with Required Information text on the page block section title bar.

Currently it is shown on every fifth page block section title bar.

Please let me know if it is possible to forcefully display the Required Information part in any of the section bars.

• December 15, 2008
The default column headings for an input field of type multiselect are Available and Selected. Is it possible to change these ?

• December 12, 2008
The below code shows the field label (Field1 Label) above the field ( Object__c.Field1__c). The field Field1__c is a multiselect input field.

<apex:PageBlockSectionItem >
                      <apex: outputPanel>
                      <apex: outputLabel value="Field1 Label" for="id"/>                     
                      <apex: inputField id="id" value="{!Object__c.Field1__c}"/>
                      <apex: actionSupport event="onmouseover" action="{!calc}" rerender="SectionId" status="status"/>
                      <apex: actionStatus id="status" startText="updating page..." />
                      </apex: outputPanel>
</apex:PageBlockSectionItem>

I need the field label to appear to the left side of the field and having the same format as that of any other input field.

Please assist.

Message Edited by sansha on 12-09-2008 07:33 AM
  • December 09, 2008
A single column in the the pageBlockSection spans two cells - one for the field's label and one for its value. I want to set the width differently for each of these cells.

Please let me know if this is possible and if yes how to achieve this.
  • November 28, 2008
I need to show to the user if a field is mandatory or not. Hence I set the required attribute of the inputfield to true. However I see that on doing this the page rerendering does not take place unless one enters all the fields having required attribute as true.

Is there a work around ? I need to display the red mark before the field in order to indicate that the field is mandatory. Is it possible to achieve this without setting the required attribute of the input field to true ?
  • November 24, 2008
A single column in the the pageBlockSection spans two cells - one for the field's label and one for its value. I want to set the width differently for each of these cells.

Please let me know how to achieve this.
  • November 24, 2008
I am trying to get 3 fields in a row in a page block section.

<apex:PageBlockSection title="Test Information" columns="3">

<apex:PageBlockSectionItem>
                  <apex:outputLabel value="Field 1 Label" />
                  <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!Table1__c.Field1__c}">
                  <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" action="{!func1}" rerender="section1"/>
                  </apex:inputCheckbox>

<apex:outputLabel value="Field 2 Label" />
                  <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!Table1__c.Field2__c}">

<apex:outputLabel value="Field 3 Label" />
                  <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!Table1__c.Field3__c}">

</apex:PageBlockSection>

The outputLabels are getting displayed as multi-line even when there is enough space between the 3 columns. I want to set the width of the outputLabels so that the label appears in a single line.

Please suggest on how to use the style attribute to achieve this.
  • November 19, 2008
I am trying to change the select options of an input field of type multiselect picklist.

<apex:inputField id="grouplistid" value="{!Table1__c.Groups__c}">
<apex:selectOptions value="{!Groups}"/>
</apex:inputField>

The controller code is as below:

public List<SelectOption> GroupsList;
public List<SelectOption> getGroups() { 
              GroupsList = new List<SelectOption>();
              GroupsList.add(new SelectOption('TestGroup1','TestGroup1'));
              GroupsList.add(new SelectOption('TestGroup2','TestGroup2'));

return GroupsList;

}

However I do not see the values TestGroup1 and TestGroup2 in the multiselect picklist. Instead I see the options given during creation of the input field.

Please let me know if it is possible to change the options of the input field of type multiselect picklist dynamically ?
  • October 27, 2008
I have an object say O having a column C which is a multiselect picklist.

I need to access the values in column C in the controller methods.

e.g. column C will be have values "Group1;Group2". I want to check if the column C contains Group1.

Please suggest.
  • October 23, 2008
Consider the following data:

Name1:GroupA
Name2:GroupA
Name3:GroupB
Name4:GroupB
Name5:GroupB

I need to have a multiselect picklist having data based on the Group selected in some other picklist. e.g. if GroupB is selected then the multiselect picklist should show the values Name3, Name4, Name5.

I was thinking of creating a separate object having two columns Name and Group. This object would then be used to create a lookup field. I then create a selectList and then filter the values in the selectList based on the Group selected. However I want the selectList to look like a multiselect picklist (having the Available and Selected boxes with the arrows in between). Is that possible ?

Please let me know how to achieve this or is there any other method on doing this ?
  • October 23, 2008
I have an inputfield of type picklist. The picklist has the following values:
Cancelled
Draft
Pending
Completed
OnHold

I need to select one of the values(e.g. Draft) as the default value whenever the new page is opened.

I tried marking Draft option as the default value in Picklist values. However it does not work.

Please suggest.
  • October 21, 2008
I have the below code. The field Region__c is an input field of type multiselect picklist. Based on the values selected in this field I need to rerender the PageBlockSection under the outputPanel having Id as "Section1". However this does not happen. The onchange event does not get fired. I have tried onmouseover, onclick events as well but none seem to work.

Please suggest.

<apex:PageBlockSection title="Basic Information">
          <apex:inputField value="{!Table1__c.Region__c}">
                      <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="Section1"/>
           </apex:inputfield>

<apex:PageBlockSection title="Information">
                  <apex:inputField value="{!Table1__c.Cash__c}">
                      <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" rerender="Section1"/>

<apex:outputPanel id="Section1">
          <apex:PageBlockSection title="Details" rendered="{!Table1__c.Cash__c=TRUE}">
                      <apex:inputField value="{!Table1__c.Field1__c}" rendered="{!CONTAINS(Table1__c.Region__c,'Europe')}"/>
                      <apex:inputField value="{!Table1__c.Field2__c}"/>
</apex:outputPanel>               

• October 14, 2008
I have the following code:

<apex:PageBlockSection title="FORM Information">
                  <apex:inputField id="DMA_SORT_ID" value="{!EU_ProductRequest__c.DMA_SORT__c}">
                      <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" rerender="DMADetails"/>

<apex:outputPanel id="DMADetails">
                <apex:PageBlockSection id="DMABLOCK" title="DMA" rendered="{!EU_ProductRequest__c.DMA_SORT__c=TRUE}">
                      <apex:inputField value="{!EU_ProductRequest__c.DMA__c}"/>
                      <!--
                      <apex:inputField value="{!EU_ProductRequest__c.DMA__c}"/>
                          <apex:actionSupport event="onclick" rerender="DMAMarketsField"/>
                      -->

<apex:inputField value="{!EU_ProductRequest__c.DMA_Markets__c}"/>
                      <!--
                      <apex:outputPanel id="DMAMarketsField" rendered="{!EU_ProductRequest__c.DMA__c=TRUE}">
                      <apex:inputField value="{!EU_ProductRequest__c.DMA_Markets__c}">
                      -->

I need to make the field DMAMarketsField (in bold above) visible/invisible based on the value chosen for DMA__c.

The commented code gives an error when uncommented.

Please suggest.

• October 07, 2008
I have two objects:

1 EU_ProductRequest__c
2 OMS_Vendor__c

EU_ProductRequest__c has a lookup field against OMS_Vendor__c. When a user selects a particular value for the OMS_Vendor__c field, all the fields in the section BloombergUUIDsSection should be visible. Below is a part of the code.

<apex:inputField value="{!EU_ProductRequest__c.OMS_Vendor__c}">
                     <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="BloombergUUIDsSection"/>

<apex:outputPanel id="BloombergUUIDsSection">
              <apex:PageBlockSection title="Bloomberg UUIDs / First & Last Name (only required when OMS is Bloomberg)" rendered="{!EU_ProductRequest__c.OMS_Vendor__c='Bloomberg'}">
                <apex:inputField value="{!EU_ProductRequest__c.UUID1_First_Last_Name__c}"/>

However when I choose the value Bloomberg for the field EU_ProductRequest__c.OMS_Vendor__c, the section BloombergUUIDsSection does not rerender.

Please suggest.

• October 06, 2008
Hi,

This is my first task in Visual Force.
I have done the following steps:
1 Create a Custom Object.
2 Create two Visual Force pages using the custom object name as the StandardController.
    Page 1 has all input fields 
    Page 2 has the same fields but are output fields.
3 Override the View commandbutton action in Setup --> Create --> Objects --> <New Object Name> --> Standard Buttons and Links to Page 2
4 Override the Edit and New command button action in Setup --> Create --> Objects --> <New Object Name> --> Standard Buttons and Links to Page 1

The issue is that when I click the new button in Page1 and save the record it opens Page 2 showing the details entered.
However if I edit any record and click the save button it takes me to Page 2 which is blank (the URL in this case is does not show the parameter ?id=<recordid>.

Please suggest.
  • October 01, 2008
The below code shows the field label (Field1 Label) above the field ( Object__c.Field1__c). The field Field1__c is a multiselect input field.

<apex:PageBlockSectionItem >
                      <apex: outputPanel>
                      <apex: outputLabel value="Field1 Label" for="id"/>                     
                      <apex: inputField id="id" value="{!Object__c.Field1__c}"/>
                      <apex: actionSupport event="onmouseover" action="{!calc}" rerender="SectionId" status="status"/>
                      <apex: actionStatus id="status" startText="updating page..." />
                      </apex: outputPanel>

I need the field label to appear to the left side of the field and having the same format as that of any other input field.

Please assist.

Message Edited by sansha on 12-09-2008 07:33 AM
  • December 09, 2008
I need to show to the user if a field is mandatory or not. Hence I set the required attribute of the inputfield to true. However I see that on doing this the page rerendering does not take place unless one enters all the fields having required attribute as true.

Is there a work around ? I need to display the red mark before the field in order to indicate that the field is mandatory. Is it possible to achieve this without setting the required attribute of the input field to true ?
  • November 24, 2008

Please let me know how to achieve this.
  • November 24, 2008
I am trying to change the select options of an input field of type multiselect picklist.

<apex:inputField id="grouplistid" value="{!Table1__c.Groups__c}">
<apex:selectOptions value="{!Groups}"/>

The controller code is as below:

public List<SelectOption> GroupsList;
public List<SelectOption> getGroups() { 
              GroupsList = new List<SelectOption>();
              GroupsList.add(new SelectOption('TestGroup1','TestGroup1'));
              GroupsList.add(new SelectOption('TestGroup2','TestGroup2'));

return GroupsList;

}

However I do not see the values TestGroup1 and TestGroup2 in the multiselect picklist. Instead I see the options given during creation of the input field.

Please let me know if it is possible to change the options of the input field of type multiselect picklist dynamically ?
  • October 27, 2008
Consider the following data:

Name1:GroupA
Name2:GroupA
Name3:GroupB
Name4:GroupB
Name5:GroupB

I need to have a multiselect picklist having data based on the Group selected in some other picklist. e.g. if GroupB is selected then the multiselect picklist should show the values Name3, Name4, Name5.

I was thinking of creating a separate object having two columns Name and Group. This object would then be used to create a lookup field. I then create a selectList and then filter the values in the selectList based on the Group selected. However I want the selectList to look like a multiselect picklist (having the Available and Selected boxes with the arrows in between). Is that possible ?

Please let me know how to achieve this or is there any other method on doing this ?
  • October 23, 2008
I have an inputfield of type picklist. The picklist has the following values:
Cancelled
Draft
Pending
Completed
OnHold

I need to select one of the values(e.g. Draft) as the default value whenever the new page is opened.

I tried marking Draft option as the default value in Picklist values. However it does not work.

Please suggest.
  • October 21, 2008
I have two objects:

1 EU_ProductRequest__c
2 OMS_Vendor__c

EU_ProductRequest__c has a lookup field against OMS_Vendor__c. When a user selects a particular value for the OMS_Vendor__c field, all the fields in the section BloombergUUIDsSection should be visible. Below is a part of the code.

<apex:inputField value="{!EU_ProductRequest__c.OMS_Vendor__c}">
                     <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="BloombergUUIDsSection"/>

<apex:outputPanel id="BloombergUUIDsSection">
              <apex:PageBlockSection title="Bloomberg UUIDs / First & Last Name (only required when OMS is Bloomberg)" rendered="{!EU_ProductRequest__c.OMS_Vendor__c='Bloomberg'}">
                <apex:inputField value="{!EU_ProductRequest__c.UUID1_First_Last_Name__c}"/>

However when I choose the value Bloomberg for the field EU_ProductRequest__c.OMS_Vendor__c, the section BloombergUUIDsSection does not rerender.

Please suggest.

• October 06, 2008
Hi,

This is my first task in Visual Force.
I have done the following steps:
1 Create a Custom Object.
2 Create two Visual Force pages using the custom object name as the StandardController.
    Page 1 has all input fields 
    Page 2 has the same fields but are output fields.
3 Override the View commandbutton action in Setup --> Create --> Objects --> <New Object Name> --> Standard Buttons and Links to Page 2
4 Override the Edit and New command button action in Setup --> Create --> Objects --> <New Object Name> --> Standard Buttons and Links to Page 1

The issue is that when I click the new button in Page1 and save the record it opens Page 2 showing the details entered.
However if I edit any record and click the save button it takes me to Page 2 which is blank (the URL in this case is does not show the parameter ?id=<recordid>.

Please suggest.
  • October 01, 2008