• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
hello ,
I am facing one problem . I am creating lead through salesforce api through my code . In my code i am assigning   <a target=_blank href="http://www.ebizq.net/news/7612.html">More...</a>
to the description field .But after lead creation when i  ascess the same lead under Lead tab then in description field i get the same : <a target=_blank href="http://www.ebizq.net/news/7612.html">More...</a>
Actually i want More link having hyperlink like More having url to http://www.ebizq.net/news/7612.html .

Can anyone help me in this regard ?  I am using C# for development .
Thanks in advace .
  • October 01, 2007
Hello ,

I have one unmanaged package , i installed it . I created some cutom fields which i require for some s- control . Then i created some accounts and leads .

Now i have one more unmanaged package with some changes But when i install it it gives me error that these custom fileds are already present so can not install the package . I can not delete the custom fields as i delete those i will lose my previous data in cutom fields .

As far as publisher point of view , i can not create the unmanaged package without the custom fields bcoz as i add my cutom scontrols of custom links which requires custom fileds , custom fields get automatically added . So what i can i do in role of publisher as well as installer ?

Please help me in this matter .

Thanks

• June 12, 2007
hi ,

My problem is that my sessions are not getting cleared when i do logout from salesforce . My application
sessions remains same even on logout . My old check for clearing sessions was for another session id but now salesforce create new session id for every tab click now i can not do session clear for new session id . Now i clear my session for another userid . But if the same user do logout and login again session remains same .

Please anyone is having any suggestins how can i clear my session on logout ??
Thanks ,

• June 05, 2007

hello ,

can anyone tell me please how to push the results of the query "select name from account " into datatable in c# ,asp.net ?

I have to display the results in datagrid .

Thanks,

Guddu

• July 25, 2006
hello ,
 i am using sforce explorer . i have to do union of the results of two tables i.e. account and lead .
I have fired query i.e. select name from account union select company from lead
I want to union both results in one query , but it is giving me the error "malformed query "
Can anyone tell me whatsthe problem with this ??

and also "order by " is also not working in sforce explorer ..

Plz reply

Thanks,
Guddu
  • July 24, 2006
hello,

my problem is when i am going to create new lead in my application it throws the  exception :INVALID_SESSION_ID: INVALID SESSION ID FOUND IN SESSIONHEADER

is there any solution on this ?

plz reply

• June 15, 2006

hello.

I need to figure out how we can  use the custom object and table  creations using Salesforce API .

This is to track the version number in appexchange accounts.
The user settings shpuld work even if one change the tab names in the future.

so how to set version number of appexchange and access that value using Salesforce API.

Thanks
  • April 25, 2006
hello,

i have created custon tab and opened my pages in the framed site. there are links in my page .when i open the respective page , that page is not opening right . it means the outer page scrollbar is not going up when i click to open the respective page

Do anyone have solution on this ?

thanx.
  • February 20, 2006
hello,

i am using asp.net using c# and sfapi.
i just want to know how can i get the colour of customtab which we use in salesforce.com.

i am not getting that by describeTab or describeSObject function.
Is there any solution on this to get the colour of the customtab or the theme of the customtab , we use in salesforce .

thanx.
  • January 17, 2006
hello,

i am using asp.net using c# and sfapi.
i just want to know how can i get the colour of tab which we use in salesforce.com.

i am not getting that by describeTab or describeSObject function.
Is there any solution on this to get the colour of the tab or the theme of the tab , we use in salesforce .

thanx.
  • January 11, 2006
hello,
i am using sforce API 6.0 and asp.net using c#.
I have added one custom link to account page .This custom link is created using
s-control. when i click on this custom link i got error like - object doesn't support this property or method. i have written html body i.e. java script when i created scontrol.
in this html body i have called webservices of my project.
when i write same java script in outside explorer page it works finely.
can anyone tell me solution on this .

thanx.
  • November 08, 2005
hello,
just tell me how can i call sforce API in my javascript ?
i have to use partner wsdl.

thanks.
  • October 26, 2005
hello,
i am using sforce 6.0 api.
i have to use partner.wsdl for my application .
how can i add custom fields to account and lead using partner.wsdl
  • October 20, 2005
hello,

my problem is when i am going to create new lead in my application it throws the  exception :INVALID_SESSION_ID: INVALID SESSION ID FOUND IN SESSIONHEADER

is there any solution on this ?

plz reply

• June 15, 2006

Dear Sir,

Thanks in advance, we are using Salesforce.com. And we are doing some projects around Salesforce.com. Your applications hold major core part of our developments.  

We need to know best way for handling the problem occurs because of session timeout.

Currently we are using API version 7.0.   And in this version if any session timeout exception occurs it is throwing the following message-

AxisFault

faultCode: {urn:fault.enterprise.soap.sforce.com}INVALID_SESSION_ID

faultSubcode:

faultString: INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader

faultActor:

faultNode:

faultDetail:

{urn:fault.enterprise.soap.sforce.com}fault:<ns1:exceptionCode>INVALID_S

ESSION_ID</ns1:exceptionCode><ns1:exceptionMessage>Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader</ns1:exceptionMessage>

Now on the basis exception code (INVALID_SESSION_ID) of the above message we are going ahead in our projects. Just we want to make sure that in future whether you will make any changes in this code. If so how we will able know about this change.

It will be great if you will help us to solve this issue.

Regards

Deepak.R

hello,
I have added one custom link to account page .This custom link is created using
s-control. when i click on this custom link i got error like - object doesn't support this property or method. i have written html body i.e. java script when i created scontrol.
in this html body i have called webservices of my project.
when i write same java script in outside explorer page it works finely.
can anyone tell me solution on this .

thanx.
  • November 08, 2005
hello,
i am using sforce 6.0 api.
i have to use partner.wsdl for my application .
how can i add custom fields to account and lead using partner.wsdl
  • October 20, 2005
Hi,

I need conceptual direction towards addressing 2 things. I want to do these 2 things, please read on, and provide your valuable advice/suggestion/tip.

1) I have created a custom object. I want that when ever a new record is added or an existing record is edited from this custom object, My application should be notified. I know about WorkFlow rules and alerts, but will they work for my custom object? Also, instead of getting an email alert, Is it possible to get a software alert (e.g. a callback ...etc) ?

2) I have added a custom field "PreviousOwnerId" to the "Lead" Object. When ever the owner of any Lead record changes, I want to save its previous owner id in this custom field. Any idea about this? Also, the real need is to find the previous owner id, (if not by saving it in a custom field, then by some other mechanism). Can we use Activities to track the change in owner id of a Lead ?

Please give your ideas and tips. I am quite a new one to this, so don't have much information about this. I would "Thankfully" welcome every suggestion.

Thanks,

** Vipul ;

PS: Language = VB.NET, Version = 6.0

I try to use a query API call that looks as follows:

select Id from Account where InstitutionType__c = <value>

The problem (Malformed query error) occurs when value = Doctor's Office because it contains a single quote.

InstitutionType__c is a custom field that we added to Account entity.

How can I fix this query? 

Thanks,

Yuriy Kovarskiy

I am trying to develop a Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services report by plugging into the sForce.com web service.  Is this functionality currently available?  If so, how do I reference the web service from MS Reporting Services?

Thanks in advance!

• February 22, 2005

Hi All,
I am looking for some means of running 2 queries but the results of one should be depenedent on the results of other - so basically a JOIN.
 in usual SQL I am looking for results as would be returned by:

select C.id, C.accountid, C.last name, A.AccountName
from Contact C
JOIN Account A
ON C.accountid=A.id
WHERE A.Website='abcd'

Could someone please help me with achieving equivalent results through the SF API calls? What is the best way to achieve this?
Looking forward to some early responses...
Natasha