• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I've had a custom object in my production org for a while.  I want to update the custom object with some VisualForce and Apex code -- but when I create it in a sandbox, it packages *everything* up, including the original custom object, so I can't then install that package, because all of the "original" custom object pieces collide in the production org.

(This is certainly a newbie question, as this is my first real VisualForce example)

Thanks,
Michael
Hey,

I was attempting to install the Time Tracking application into a sandbox:

https://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?NavCode__c=&id=a0330000000KIrsAAG

And I got the following message back:

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1326636586-299 (518307125)

Support said I should post this here as my next step.

Thanks,
Michael Lee
Hi,

I'm toying around with something.  I've got two pick lists -- one that represents a day, and another that represents a small selection of times.

What I'd like to do is find a way to combine those two to fill out a third datetime field.  I think I'd need a trigger (instead of a workflow rule) in order to best do this.  But I'm not quite sure what would be the best way to go about this, especially as I come up to speed on the various Apex syntax.

Thanks,
Michael
I'm sure there's a way I can do this, but I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to set the record type of a detail record based on some information in the master record when I create a detail record in a master-detail relationship.

I know that I can do it when the detail record is *saved* through a workflow rule -- but I'd really like to set the record type when I first hit "new" to create a new detail record on the master's page.

Any ideas?  Suggestions?  Best practices?

Thanks,
Michael
Hi,

I've got a web application which currently requires a Salesforce.com login a password.  I'd like to change it so it can use a passed in session id and server url from a custom link in salesforce.com.

I've coded it up, but when I try to retrieve an Account, I get the following exception:

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 333). ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The specified type was not recognized: name='sObject', namespace='urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com', at <result xmlns='urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com'>.

This call works if the binding has been set up with a login, but not with a passed-in session id and server. 

I've just rebuilt my wsdl as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael
I've been seeing our performance with SF_Replicate when we try to replicate our Account table as being quite slow. Another (smaller) table worked fine with SF Replicate.

As a workaround for my immediate need, I set up and copied just the columns I need without using SF_Replicate, and that worked out ok. But I know I'll want more columns in the future copied locally from the Account table.

Are there any particular pieces of advice anyone has as far as best performance practices concerning SF_Replicate?

Thanks,
Michael Lee

The Amazon Connect CTI Adapter is installed, configured, and can receive/place inbound and outbound calls.

However, when a call is received it opens the global search results page w/ contact instead of opening the contact detail page. Similarly, if an associated record cannot be found it returns the global search page with "no results". 

Any ideas on why the screen pop settings in the softphone Layout editor are not firing correctly? Thanks in advance. 

• September 28, 2020
In the Analyze Your Data Over Time module  where it says:

In the default exploration state, as you remember from the previous unit, the query is aggregating on count of rows with no grouping and no filtering. Start a new exploration by going back to the My DTC Sales app and opening the DTC Opportunity dataset. You’re interested in the number of tablets involved, so complete the following steps.
Click Count of Rows to change the measure.
Select Sum in the aggregation functions list.
Select # (number sign) for the measure to see the number of products in your closed opportunities

If I select Sum the only option is amout. Is the trailhead dataset in sync with the directions?
In 'Analyze Your Data Over Time' in the Wave Desktop Exploration module, it says to Measure the sum of quantity (#) by chaning the Measure: Count of Rows to Sum of #. However, the # field does not exist so I cannot change it to this. Any help?

The Wave org was obtained through developer.salesforce.com/promotions/orgs/wave-de
Hey,

I was attempting to install the Time Tracking application into a sandbox:

https://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?NavCode__c=&id=a0330000000KIrsAAG

And I got the following message back:

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1326636586-299 (518307125)

Support said I should post this here as my next step.

Thanks,
Michael Lee
Hi,

I'm toying around with something.  I've got two pick lists -- one that represents a day, and another that represents a small selection of times.

What I'd like to do is find a way to combine those two to fill out a third datetime field.  I think I'd need a trigger (instead of a workflow rule) in order to best do this.  But I'm not quite sure what would be the best way to go about this, especially as I come up to speed on the various Apex syntax.

Thanks,
Michael
Hi,

I've got a web application which currently requires a Salesforce.com login a password.  I'd like to change it so it can use a passed in session id and server url from a custom link in salesforce.com.

I've coded it up, but when I try to retrieve an Account, I get the following exception:

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 333). ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The specified type was not recognized: name='sObject', namespace='urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com', at <result xmlns='urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com'>.

This call works if the binding has been set up with a login, but not with a passed-in session id and server. 

I've just rebuilt my wsdl as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael
I've been seeing our performance with SF_Replicate when we try to replicate our Account table as being quite slow. Another (smaller) table worked fine with SF Replicate.

As a workaround for my immediate need, I set up and copied just the columns I need without using SF_Replicate, and that worked out ok. But I know I'll want more columns in the future copied locally from the Account table.

Are there any particular pieces of advice anyone has as far as best performance practices concerning SF_Replicate?

Thanks,
Michael Lee
In the Analyze Your Data Over Time module  where it says:

In the default exploration state, as you remember from the previous unit, the query is aggregating on count of rows with no grouping and no filtering. Start a new exploration by going back to the My DTC Sales app and opening the DTC Opportunity dataset. You’re interested in the number of tablets involved, so complete the following steps.
Click Count of Rows to change the measure.
Select Sum in the aggregation functions list.
Select # (number sign) for the measure to see the number of products in your closed opportunities

If I select Sum the only option is amout. Is the trailhead dataset in sync with the directions?
In 'Analyze Your Data Over Time' in the Wave Desktop Exploration module, it says to Measure the sum of quantity (#) by chaning the Measure: Count of Rows to Sum of #. However, the # field does not exist so I cannot change it to this. Any help?

The Wave org was obtained through developer.salesforce.com/promotions/orgs/wave-de