• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have reached our max for api calls (85k) two days in a row suddenly. We have never run into this before.

I have looked at the API calls made within the last 7 days report and it shows that one of my users (an api program I wrote) has suddenly spiked its calls from a typical of 3k a day to 50k a day. But I cant see why?  Also it doesnt show the date just the day of week so its hard to tell how real time it is (i.e. is Wednesday last Wednesday or today?).  The report also shows that some of my customer portal users are using api calls as well. I read that customer portal user logins do not count toward api calls.

I need help to identify what is causing this spike. How can I see live what api calls are coming in.  I am happy to bring down my app to see if the calls slow down but cant find anyway to see and investigate them in real time. 

This is causing serious inconvenience for my company. Please help me resolve. thanks.
-megan
We have reached our max for api calls (85k) two days in a row suddenly. We have never run into this before.

I have looked at the API calls made within the last 7 days report and it shows that one of my users (an api program I wrote) has suddenly spiked its calls from a typical of 3k a day to 50k a day. But I cant see why?  Also it doesnt show the date just the day of week so its hard to tell how real time it is (i.e. is Wednesday last Wednesday or today?).  The report also shows that some of my customer portal users are using api calls as well. I read that customer portal user logins do not count toward api calls.

I need help to identify what is causing this spike. How can I see live what api calls are coming in.  I am happy to bring down my app to see if the calls slow down but cant find anyway to see and investigate them in real time. 

This is causing serious inconvenience for my company. Please help me resolve. thanks.
-megan