• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a list of PricebookEntryId, using which I need to retrieve Opportunities that contain the PricebookEntryId in associated OpportunityLineItem record.

So I did a little query on OpportunityLineItem to retrieve the Opportunity details, as follows:

Code:
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append("SELECT ");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.AccountId,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.CloseDate,");        
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.ForecastCategory,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.Id,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.LeadSource,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.Name,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.Pricebook2Id,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.Probability,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.RecordTypeId");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" FROM OpportunityLineItem");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" WHERE OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.deleted_c__c=false");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" AND OpportunityLineItem.PricebookEntryId='"+pricebookEntryId +"'");

OpportunitiesQueryResult = _sforceService.query(OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.ToString());

Now I need to retrieve Opportunity details from OpportunitiesQueryResult which are one level down the QueryResult. Can someone post some code on how to retrieve Opportunity data from the above QueryResult?

• July 02, 2007
Does anyone know the status of ADO .NET 2.0 provider for interacting with SF API? I read couple of places that Karl H. gave a demo of it in last Dreamforce conference and it is supposed to be out right after the conference.

Karl, if you happen to read this message, I will greatly appreciate if you reply to this message on the status of the ADO .NET provider. I am also a .Net Developer and may be able to offer a helpful hand if you need one to complete this project and get it out for everyone.

If anyone knows how to contact Karl, please reply. 
  • June 19, 2007
Is it just me or has anyone noticed that Mass Update Contact Address S-Control available from Salesforce Labs does not work in IE7? It will not show any contacts within the company to which you can apply address change.

Is there some IE7 setting that I need to tweak? IE7 throws error at line 675,  column 3 for 'Object Required'.

Surprisingly, the control works as expected in FireFox.

Can anyone provide any guidelines on how to fix this issue?
  • June 07, 2007
I have a requirement to send email to a administrator when an account's name has changed. I want to do the following:

1) Create a trigger on Account After Update
2) This trigger will call an S-Control that has interface for sending email (the same s-control example on the home page)
3) I would like to populate the S-Control body with the name of the old account and new account
4) User clicks on 'Send' which sends the email.

Please advise if this is doable and if yes, how this can be achieved. I am trying to find posts that shows how to call an s-control from trigger and pass parameters.

Alternatively, I Want some way to make the account name read only which I think is not possible out-of-the-box in Salesforce.com
  • June 02, 2007
How can I populate both account addresses into contact when creating a new contact? Currently the SF only populates the billing address, phone, fax of account into contact. I want to override the NewContact button to also auto-populate the account shipping address into contact's 'Other' address.

Thanks in advance for the help.
  • June 01, 2007
I have a custom object that is named xm_VendorIndex__c. When I want to perform any operation on that object using data loader, it does not show up in the list of objects even after checking the 'Show all Objects box'. I have another object named xm_ManagerIndex__c which does show up in the object list.

I suspect there is something wrong with the way the DataLoader lists the objects. I believe the index falls short by 1 and does not go all the way.

Can you correct the bug and give me the download link please?

Thanks.
  • December 15, 2006
Hi,

Sorry if I am posting this under wrong section. I want to create the following:

1) Opportunity
2) OpportunityLineItem
3) OpportunityContactRole
4) Subscription ( A custom object who is dependent on OpportunityLineItem, Account and Contact)

I have a CSV file with values for the following:
  • AccountId
  • RecordTypeId
  • Name
  • StageName
  • Probability
  • CloseDate
  • ForcastCategory
  • PriceBookId
  • PriceBook2Id
  • OwnerId
  • ContactId
  • Plus....some custom fields

If I try to insert the CSV values using AppExchange Data Loader, I get an error message that says 'assertion failed'. I don't know what I am doing wrong and any help will be appreciated.

• December 04, 2006
Is there a way to do the following? I want to write a query for the API and testing it first in SForce Explorer which is giving me MALFORMED_QUERY error.

"SELECT Id,Amount,Payment__c from Opportunity WHERE (Amount-Payment__c)>0 AND Active__c=true"

If there is no way to do this then I think , I have to loop through each record checking for the condition. Please let me know ASAP.

• November 01, 2006
How to do nested queries using SF API in .NET?

I have a query that pulles a list of Ids from one table and again searches the same table for a different criteria using the same Ids.

In SQL, I would do the following:

"SELECT x,y,z FROM SomeTable WHERE x IN (SELECT x from SomeTable WHERE a>b and c>d and e=0) AND y>z"

How to do this in Salesforce? Is there an IN command like SQL?

I don't think Pulling the results of statement in paranthesis in a dataset would work because I am not filtering the dataset or querying it but using the Ids returned from the dataset to query the same table a different way.

May be I can create a lengthy SQL statement from the results of just the statement in paranthesis and construct an OR statement to get the results of the big statement but is Salesforce API so ineffective that it doesn't offer nothing more than SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE?
  • August 08, 2006
We are looking for an expert to help us in hooking up our MS SQL Server 2000 database with Salesforce.com database using Pervasive Data Integrator Pro.

The ideal person would be expert in Pervasive integration products and would also have good understanding of Salesforce.com web API as well as MS SQL Server 2000 database architecture. We will provide very extensively detailed mapping instructions and will also work with the freelance developer to understand the salesforce.com customization requirements and our business needs.

Email us at appdevgrp@gmail.com or reply to this post.
  • January 19, 2006
I have recently installed VS .NET 2005 with .NET Framework 2.0. I went to sourceforge to download sForce Explorer and it is quitting on me by saying it requires v1.1.4322 of framework!

Do I have to download v1.1.4322 or a fix is available?

Thanks.
  • December 13, 2005
We are looking for a freelance programmer to extend the functionality of enterprise salesforce.com. If you have experience in working with Salesforce.com enterprise version, sforce web API as well as extensive knowledge of JavaScript/AJAX and/or .NET languages, please contact us at appdevgrp@gmail.com
  • December 07, 2005
For some accounts in developer edition it works and for some it doesn't work.

I changed the toolkit url to https://www.sforce.com/.....

Looks like the account ID is obtained fine before the call to sforceclient.js and once that javascript is loaded the account ID is getting lost for some of the accounts (express logistics, U of Arizona).

Let me know if you need more details and I will be happy to provide them.
  • November 14, 2005
I have a list of PricebookEntryId, using which I need to retrieve Opportunities that contain the PricebookEntryId in associated OpportunityLineItem record.

So I did a little query on OpportunityLineItem to retrieve the Opportunity details, as follows:

Code:
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append("SELECT ");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.AccountId,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.CloseDate,");        
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.ForecastCategory,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.Id,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.LeadSource,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.Name,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.Pricebook2Id,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.Probability,");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.RecordTypeId");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" FROM OpportunityLineItem");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" WHERE OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.deleted_c__c=false");
        OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.Append(" AND OpportunityLineItem.PricebookEntryId='"+pricebookEntryId +"'");

OpportunitiesQueryResult = _sforceService.query(OpportunitiesQueryBuilder.ToString());

Now I need to retrieve Opportunity details from OpportunitiesQueryResult which are one level down the QueryResult. Can someone post some code on how to retrieve Opportunity data from the above QueryResult?

• July 02, 2007
Is it just me or has anyone noticed that Mass Update Contact Address S-Control available from Salesforce Labs does not work in IE7? It will not show any contacts within the company to which you can apply address change.

Is there some IE7 setting that I need to tweak? IE7 throws error at line 675,  column 3 for 'Object Required'.

Surprisingly, the control works as expected in FireFox.

Can anyone provide any guidelines on how to fix this issue?
  • June 07, 2007
I have a requirement to send email to a administrator when an account's name has changed. I want to do the following:

1) Create a trigger on Account After Update
2) This trigger will call an S-Control that has interface for sending email (the same s-control example on the home page)
3) I would like to populate the S-Control body with the name of the old account and new account
4) User clicks on 'Send' which sends the email.

Please advise if this is doable and if yes, how this can be achieved. I am trying to find posts that shows how to call an s-control from trigger and pass parameters.

Alternatively, I Want some way to make the account name read only which I think is not possible out-of-the-box in Salesforce.com
  • June 02, 2007
I have a custom object that is named xm_VendorIndex__c. When I want to perform any operation on that object using data loader, it does not show up in the list of objects even after checking the 'Show all Objects box'. I have another object named xm_ManagerIndex__c which does show up in the object list.

I suspect there is something wrong with the way the DataLoader lists the objects. I believe the index falls short by 1 and does not go all the way.

Can you correct the bug and give me the download link please?

Thanks.
  • December 15, 2006
Is there a way to do the following? I want to write a query for the API and testing it first in SForce Explorer which is giving me MALFORMED_QUERY error.

"SELECT Id,Amount,Payment__c from Opportunity WHERE (Amount-Payment__c)>0 AND Active__c=true"

If there is no way to do this then I think , I have to loop through each record checking for the condition. Please let me know ASAP.

• November 01, 2006
I have recently installed VS .NET 2005 with .NET Framework 2.0. I went to sourceforge to download sForce Explorer and it is quitting on me by saying it requires v1.1.4322 of framework!

Do I have to download v1.1.4322 or a fix is available?

Thanks.
  • December 13, 2005
For some accounts in developer edition it works and for some it doesn't work.

I changed the toolkit url to https://www.sforce.com/.....

Looks like the account ID is obtained fine before the call to sforceclient.js and once that javascript is loaded the account ID is getting lost for some of the accounts (express logistics, U of Arizona).

Let me know if you need more details and I will be happy to provide them.
  • November 14, 2005

I am having trouble figuring out what data I want to query from the API.  For instance, I want to get all products realted to an opportunity.  I looked at the documentation and it says that opportunityLineItem is related to Product via ProductID.  I do not have a ProductID in the product table.    In the big picture, I am trying to dump a lot of the data into a sql database (real time, on demand) so that we can write reports against it.  I'm assuing the WSDL is the way to go.   Is the database schema denomalized for use in the API?

What is product verses product2 object?   pricebook verses pricebook2

Thank you.

• July 29, 2004