• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to build a system that will use the API to generate a SQL database from my company's Salesforce data.  We're a fast-growing company and we make frequent changes to our Salesforce structure, so I want my system to automatically detect when new fields and objects have been added, or old ones deleted, and modify the SQL database accordingly.

My problem is that when I use describeGlobal() to get a list of object types, the list is completely outdated!  Similarly, when I use describeSObjects() to get a list of fields for each object, the fields are not up-to-date.  I am seeing custom objects and fields that we deleted months ago, and the custom objects and fields that we've added in the last few weeks are not showing up.  I have tried calling these functions in both the Enterprise WSDL and the Partner WSDL; both yield the same result.

We have an Enterprise account, and I am using C# to run the Salesforce API.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or work around it?
My company has a Professional account, English-language Salesforce.

I am currently trying to build an Excel app that can query my company's Salesforce account and make edits to certain fields. (Right now, what I'm trying to do is set up a system to collect tracking numbers for our outbound packages, and upload that data into Salesforce, all automatically. Once I have that built, I will be doing other projects along similar lines.)

I have the Excel Connector for Professional Edition. However, I need to be able to call the sfQuery and sfUpdate functions from my own macros. So far, I have not been able to work out how to do this. When I try the following:

Call sfQuery

...in my own project, I get "Sub or Function Not Defined." Is there something else I need to do in order to make this happen?
I'm trying to build a system that will use the API to generate a SQL database from my company's Salesforce data.  We're a fast-growing company and we make frequent changes to our Salesforce structure, so I want my system to automatically detect when new fields and objects have been added, or old ones deleted, and modify the SQL database accordingly.

My problem is that when I use describeGlobal() to get a list of object types, the list is completely outdated!  Similarly, when I use describeSObjects() to get a list of fields for each object, the fields are not up-to-date.  I am seeing custom objects and fields that we deleted months ago, and the custom objects and fields that we've added in the last few weeks are not showing up.  I have tried calling these functions in both the Enterprise WSDL and the Partner WSDL; both yield the same result.

We have an Enterprise account, and I am using C# to run the Salesforce API.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or work around it?