• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi:

I've successfully build a page in .NET that allows my web-based application to query my SalesForce.com developer account and retrieve contact information (FYI, I used "ASPSample" as a guide for doing this).  However when we tried to query into a corporate account in SalesForce.com (using that user's appropriate username and password), I could not get the page to work.  This user said that he had had a similar problem with connecting his "Widgets" web-based application to SalesForce.com, and that he resolved the problem by entering in his "organization ID" into his Widgets software.

My question is:  how should I incorporate the user's "organization ID" into the query?  Is it part of the login procedue that sets a session variable?  Does it need to be in the actual query statement?

Again, my page built in .NET works fine for connecting to SalesForce.com "developer" accounts.  It just doesn't work for corporate SalesForce.com accounts.

FYI, I've developed the integration with SalesForce.com this way to demonstrate the functionality to this potential corporate customer.  Once they sign off on it, I will then develop the application in AppExchange.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Joel
  • April 03, 2006
I've installed Visual Studio .NET Academic 2003, and I'm wondering how to convert the AspSample web that I downloaded from sforce.com into a "Solution Project" that I can work on in Visual Studio .NET Academic. I've tried creating a new "Solution Project" in VS.NET Academic, and then creating new files and then copying over the code from the corresponding files from AspSample, but I keep getting errors. So I'm wondering if there is a way to convert the entire AspSample web into a "Solution Project"? Or is there another sample that I can download from sforce.com that would download a "Solution Project" that would have the same types of files as in AspSample (especially the "Contacts.aspx" file). Any guidance that you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks. Joel
  • January 15, 2006
I'm very new at this.

But what I'm trying to do is use "Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition" to create an ".aspx" page that will login to my salesforce.com account and pull out certain contact data.

I had hoped to be able to use the toolkit and samples from this page from sforce.com: http://www.sforce.com/resources/toolkits-samples.jsp#NETGettingStarted .

I downloaded the ".NET Getting Started Package" from this page, but it just had examples in C# and Visual Basic.

And I downloaded the "ASP.NET Samples", and during the installation it said it was setting up a "virtual directory" (which I didn't understand), and then it asked for my salesforce.com username and password, which I put in, but it came back with "API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner", and then it discontinued the install process.

Again, I was hoping to just find some sample code for a ".aspx" page that will login to my salesforce.com account and pull out certain contact data. And I was hoping the sample code could be opened in "Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition" (which is what I downloaded from Microsoft's "Asp.net" site).

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • December 25, 2005
Can VBscript be used to pull data from a user's salesforce.com account? Or do you have to use Java or C#? If so, is there a place where I can find some sample VBscript code for logging into salesforce.com with a username and password, and then pulling in contact information, for example.

Thanks much!
  • November 19, 2005
Hi:

I've successfully build a page in .NET that allows my web-based application to query my SalesForce.com developer account and retrieve contact information (FYI, I used "ASPSample" as a guide for doing this).  However when we tried to query into a corporate account in SalesForce.com (using that user's appropriate username and password), I could not get the page to work.  This user said that he had had a similar problem with connecting his "Widgets" web-based application to SalesForce.com, and that he resolved the problem by entering in his "organization ID" into his Widgets software.

My question is:  how should I incorporate the user's "organization ID" into the query?  Is it part of the login procedue that sets a session variable?  Does it need to be in the actual query statement?

Again, my page built in .NET works fine for connecting to SalesForce.com "developer" accounts.  It just doesn't work for corporate SalesForce.com accounts.

FYI, I've developed the integration with SalesForce.com this way to demonstrate the functionality to this potential corporate customer.  Once they sign off on it, I will then develop the application in AppExchange.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Joel
  • April 03, 2006
I've installed Visual Studio .NET Academic 2003, and I'm wondering how to convert the AspSample web that I downloaded from sforce.com into a "Solution Project" that I can work on in Visual Studio .NET Academic. I've tried creating a new "Solution Project" in VS.NET Academic, and then creating new files and then copying over the code from the corresponding files from AspSample, but I keep getting errors. So I'm wondering if there is a way to convert the entire AspSample web into a "Solution Project"? Or is there another sample that I can download from sforce.com that would download a "Solution Project" that would have the same types of files as in AspSample (especially the "Contacts.aspx" file). Any guidance that you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks. Joel
  • January 15, 2006
I'm very new at this.

But what I'm trying to do is use "Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition" to create an ".aspx" page that will login to my salesforce.com account and pull out certain contact data.

I had hoped to be able to use the toolkit and samples from this page from sforce.com: http://www.sforce.com/resources/toolkits-samples.jsp#NETGettingStarted .

I downloaded the ".NET Getting Started Package" from this page, but it just had examples in C# and Visual Basic.

And I downloaded the "ASP.NET Samples", and during the installation it said it was setting up a "virtual directory" (which I didn't understand), and then it asked for my salesforce.com username and password, which I put in, but it came back with "API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner", and then it discontinued the install process.

Again, I was hoping to just find some sample code for a ".aspx" page that will login to my salesforce.com account and pull out certain contact data. And I was hoping the sample code could be opened in "Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition" (which is what I downloaded from Microsoft's "Asp.net" site).

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • December 25, 2005
Can VBscript be used to pull data from a user's salesforce.com account? Or do you have to use Java or C#? If so, is there a place where I can find some sample VBscript code for logging into salesforce.com with a username and password, and then pulling in contact information, for example.

Thanks much!
  • November 19, 2005