• 0 Points
  • Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am having a problem with Mail Merge. I have a template that has some MS form fields that will only work if the document is locked. The only problem is that if the document is locked it wont allow the mail-merge to run and actually merge the data. Does anyone have any tips / tricks / recomendations on how to proceede with this.

Anyone actually have any experience with this sort of a thing.

Is it possible to reference values found on the Owner's user record? I can get it to reference the active user's "user account", but not the owner.

Thoughts?

My organization has a small problem and we are looking for a solution to fix this issue. On the lead side we collect information in a particular field, and we would like to map this information to both the contact and the opportunity record upon converting.

As far as we are aware, SFDC does not allow duplicate mapping to occur. If I am wrong in this, please let me know and explain how I can make it happen. Our thought is then to create a 2nd custom field with a field formula that looks something like (field2 = field1) so that when we convert we can just map it to 2 locations.

Can anyone shed some light on this, and provide some assistance on how to solve this problem.

I would like to prevent standard users from editing 'Closed/Won' opportunities, based on either forecast category or the specific stage we use.

this way, once an opportunity is closed, only an admin or other role we specify can edit that opportunity. 

Does anyone know if this is possible, and how to do it?

Thanks,

Michael

My organization has a small problem and we are looking for a solution to fix this issue. On the lead side we collect information in a particular field, and we would like to map this information to both the contact and the opportunity record upon converting.

As far as we are aware, SFDC does not allow duplicate mapping to occur. If I am wrong in this, please let me know and explain how I can make it happen. Our thought is then to create a 2nd custom field with a field formula that looks something like (field2 = field1) so that when we convert we can just map it to 2 locations.

Can anyone shed some light on this, and provide some assistance on how to solve this problem.