• Member since 2005

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I have seen several posts on this subject, but I am unable to utilize the custom tab styles in my s-controls.  I am developing an s-control where I redirect to a custom screen.  Currently, the "look" I am utilizing is the "account" object, but I would like the screen to match my "custom" object.

I have attached the tag i am using below.  I assume I need to change it to the custom object, but I don't know what the identification name is?  Do I need to include other stylesheets besides the standard ones that are defaulted when you create a new s-control through Eclipse (custom and common)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  This is a bit annoying.  I have seen some sites with pointers, but they seem outdated.

Thanks in advance!

<body class="account">

<DIV class="bPageTitle">

<DIV class="ptBody secondaryPalette">

I have the following business scenario.  I have a condition on three different objects that results in a trigger being executed.  For each object, the trigger fires the same logic -- checking field values, etc, and then pulling in some external data located on another object, filling in fields, etc.  Writing the trigger to perform this action is fairly straightforward.

However, what I would ideally like to do is use a single class that handles the processing and then have each trigger execute the class.  The problem is the SObjects are different and when I invoke the method and then attempt to use the SObject, I am unable to "cast" it correctly.

Has anyone done this?  If so, could you provide a sample piece of code for the invoking trigger (method signature) and how the SObject is cast to the appropriate concrete value in the Class to utilize in processing?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

(In reading the Cookbook, I have the impression it "should" be possible, but wasn't able to find an example of how...)

Thanks,

Jason
I have recently upgraded my Eclipse environment and I am having some issues. I previously installed Eclipse 3.2.2 and downloaded the Plug-in for Salesforce development. Knowing I needed to update for APEX development, I downloaded the most recent version of Eclipse (3.3.1.1) and the up-to-date Eclipse Plug-in (API 10.0). Everything "appears" setup correctly, but I am running into a few odd problems. Currently, everytime I attempt to go out to the Help Website, to review the tutorial for the new SFDC Plug-in, I receive a Server URL error. I am running behind a proxy server, but I am able to connect to my org unit through the proxy, so I believe the proxy is set up correctly. Has anyone else ever seen this issue and been able to resolve it? The second issue is getting a bit more aggravating. I am repeatedly loosing my "session_id" for SFDC. In 3.2.2 of Eclipse, when this happened, I would simply open the properties to the org unit directory, click "apply" to reconnect, and everything would be fine. However, with 3.3.1.1, that no longer works. Short of shutting down Eclipse, I am unable to "refresh" the session id. Does anyone know why this is repeatedly occurring? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Does anyone know if it is possible to load objects (accounts, leads) into Salesforce, but assign the owner to an "inactive" user?  We are looking at loading a full set of data, but in the initial release, only a subset of the user group is going to be on the system during the initial release.  However, all the users need access to all of the data.

The number of records we are talking about is large (a few million) and we have a large number of users that will eventually come online.

My current thought is to default the load to a generic user and perform the re-assign later.  However, this could be a tedious manual effort, even with the Mass Transfer capabilities.

We have Enterprise Edition, not Unlimited Edition, so we do not have any APEX capabilities.

Any assistance/thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Hi,

I am attempting to resolve the following scenario. We'd like to limit the fields that are visible to users based on the following criteria.  If a user owns a record, all fields are visible.  Other users at the same level (with the same role and profile settings) will be able to see only a "subset" of the records.  When I say visible, I am referring to actually ON the screen (not just editable.)

My initial thought is to utilize an inline s-control to validate the "owner" vs. the "currently logged in user" to determine which page layout to display.  I am unsure, however, if I am able to gain that level of access to the GUI.

Has anyone ever done something like this?  Is there any other approaches that someone may have done before? 

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
I am attempting to generate the java classes using WSDL2Java for axis1.2RC2 and I am receiving the following error message.  Anyone else ever encounter this issue?  Anyone know how to correct it WITHOUT going to a different version of AXIS?  My current environment is limited to this version.

Thanks in advance!

org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.DuplicateFileException: Duplicate file name: com\sforce\soap\enterprise\DescribeLayout.java.
Hint: you may have mapped two namespaces with elements of the same name to the same package name.
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaWriter.generate(JavaWriter.java:113)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaTypeWriter.generate(JavaTypeWriter.java:113)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory$Writers.generate(JavaGeneratorFactory.java:424)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.generateTypes(Parser.java:540)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.generate(Parser.java:427)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.access$000(Parser.java:44)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:357)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Thanks!

All,

I am having an issue running the basicSample_cs to demonstrate connectivity using C#.  I believe my problem is more of a C# issue, rather than Salesforce.com, but I am hoping that someone on the discussion boards has ran into this issue before and found a way to correct it.

I have setup the basicSample code and have been able to have it execute correctly, logging into my developer org_unit, when there isn’t a proxy server involved.  However, I have attempted to do the same on a network that requires a proxy server to access internet addresses, and I have been unable to achieve even a successful login.

The network I am on uses a proxy server script, so I don’t think the “auto-locating” of the proxy information is working by default in C#.   I have also tried to set the proxy server address manually using the following lines of code, but it doesn’t appear to be working.

<code snippet>

WebProxy myWebProxy = new WebProxy();

// Real address used in actual code

Uri newUri = new Uri("http://proxy_server:port_number");

myWebProxy.Address = newUri;

binding = new SforceService();

binding.Timeout = 15000;

binding.Proxy = myWebProxy;

I am unsure if there is another property I need to set? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi All,

I have seen several posts on this subject, but I am unable to utilize the custom tab styles in my s-controls.  I am developing an s-control where I redirect to a custom screen.  Currently, the "look" I am utilizing is the "account" object, but I would like the screen to match my "custom" object.

I have attached the tag i am using below.  I assume I need to change it to the custom object, but I don't know what the identification name is?  Do I need to include other stylesheets besides the standard ones that are defaulted when you create a new s-control through Eclipse (custom and common)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  This is a bit annoying.  I have seen some sites with pointers, but they seem outdated.

Thanks in advance!

<body class="account">

<DIV class="bPageTitle">

<DIV class="ptBody secondaryPalette">

Hey,

There may be similar threads on this topic, but here goes anyway:

>>>>
YES:  SEE RECENT POST
WHICH IS THE EXACT SAME THING, OR NEARLY SO
<<<<

We have an org from which we're sourcing a managed package, and I'm trying to connect to it using the new Force.com Eclipse plug-in (v. 11.1.1).  The SOAP Endpoint is v. 11.1 as well.  What I get when connecting, and also when trying to 'refresh from server', or 'synchronize with server', is a msg box with the following error:

Unable to perform synchronization.

Reason:
TeamException: null: Duplicate retrieve names specified for package '<pkg name>'

I see a stack trace in my workspace log; if anybody wants to see it, I'd be happy to add it to this thread.

Does anybody have some insight into this, and what I can do about it, or how I can work around it?  Let's say for the sake of discussion that I do NOT want to re-create my org from scratch.  :^}

Thanks!

-phil m.

Message Edited by philbo on 01-14-2008 10:19 AM
  • January 14, 2008
I have recently upgraded my Eclipse environment and I am having some issues. I previously installed Eclipse 3.2.2 and downloaded the Plug-in for Salesforce development. Knowing I needed to update for APEX development, I downloaded the most recent version of Eclipse (3.3.1.1) and the up-to-date Eclipse Plug-in (API 10.0). Everything "appears" setup correctly, but I am running into a few odd problems. Currently, everytime I attempt to go out to the Help Website, to review the tutorial for the new SFDC Plug-in, I receive a Server URL error. I am running behind a proxy server, but I am able to connect to my org unit through the proxy, so I believe the proxy is set up correctly. Has anyone else ever seen this issue and been able to resolve it? The second issue is getting a bit more aggravating. I am repeatedly loosing my "session_id" for SFDC. In 3.2.2 of Eclipse, when this happened, I would simply open the properties to the org unit directory, click "apply" to reconnect, and everything would be fine. However, with 3.3.1.1, that no longer works. Short of shutting down Eclipse, I am unable to "refresh" the session id. Does anyone know why this is repeatedly occurring? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
When I create a new force.com project for my sandbox instance I get this error:

RuntimeException: Failed deployment: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY msg:INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY: invalid cross reference id
Failed deployment: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY msg:INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY: invalid cross reference id

I entered my uid, pwd, security token, and pointed it to the test end point (11.0).

Thanks,
Steve
I have created a field external_opp_id in my opportunity and marked is as an external ID field. When it comes to task, the data loader GUI, it doesn't give me an option to select External ID field. It assumes SF field to be there. It works when I put SF Id for opportunity. but I really need to do it through external ID, as the numbers of both tasks and opportunity are huge.
Quick help is appreciated.

• July 11, 2007
I am attempting to generate the java classes using WSDL2Java for axis1.2RC2 and I am receiving the following error message.  Anyone else ever encounter this issue?  Anyone know how to correct it WITHOUT going to a different version of AXIS?  My current environment is limited to this version.

Thanks in advance!

org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.DuplicateFileException: Duplicate file name: com\sforce\soap\enterprise\DescribeLayout.java.
Hint: you may have mapped two namespaces with elements of the same name to the same package name.
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaWriter.generate(JavaWriter.java:113)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaTypeWriter.generate(JavaTypeWriter.java:113)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory$Writers.generate(JavaGeneratorFactory.java:424)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.generateTypes(Parser.java:540)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.generate(Parser.java:427)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.access$000(Parser.java:44)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:357)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Thanks!

All,

I am having an issue running the basicSample_cs to demonstrate connectivity using C#.  I believe my problem is more of a C# issue, rather than Salesforce.com, but I am hoping that someone on the discussion boards has ran into this issue before and found a way to correct it.

I have setup the basicSample code and have been able to have it execute correctly, logging into my developer org_unit, when there isn’t a proxy server involved.  However, I have attempted to do the same on a network that requires a proxy server to access internet addresses, and I have been unable to achieve even a successful login.

The network I am on uses a proxy server script, so I don’t think the “auto-locating” of the proxy information is working by default in C#.   I have also tried to set the proxy server address manually using the following lines of code, but it doesn’t appear to be working.

<code snippet>

WebProxy myWebProxy = new WebProxy();

// Real address used in actual code

Uri newUri = new Uri("http://proxy_server:port_number");

myWebProxy.Address = newUri;

binding = new SforceService();

binding.Timeout = 15000;

binding.Proxy = myWebProxy;

I am unsure if there is another property I need to set? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!