• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hey,

I've got an address field that I'd like to verify that the length of any *line* is less than 30 characters (so it will integrate with our back-office systems) -- is there any way to do that?  We don't (yet) have Apex code.

I thought trying to find a BR() might work, but that didn't.

Thanks,
Michael
I'm trying to work out a way to test the location of a New Line in a Validation Rule as I want to check to make sure whether the first line of the billing address is less than 30 characters long.   I believe I could use FIND(search_text, text [, start_num]) , but I'm not sure what text I should use for the new line.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael
Hi,

Hopefully this is the right place to post data extraction questions.
My task is to be able to export the salesforce.com opportunity table to a MS SQL server (currently 2000)database table. Approximatly, we are talking about 150 K records in the opportunity table.

My requirements are:

- Process should be fully automated
- Process should be able to execute 4-5 a day
- On success or failure of extraction, some individuals should be notified
- Nice to have: only opportunities changed or added in the same day should be extracted (So if today is February 2nd, i would like to extract only opportunities that were changed or added on February 2nd)

I was wondering if you can recommend on tools to do this king of work. I heard about dbamp and was wondering whether it's a suitable one, smae goes for the data loader.

Your hints are more than appreciated,
Thanks,
Gili
  • February 02, 2007