• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, everytime I try any of the menu commands I get the message

"The macro c:\Documents and Settings\MCTURNANJ\Local Settings\Temp\sforce_connect.xla'!sfDescribeAndQuery' cannot be found"

I have uninstalled & reinstalled the Addin multiple times. I have tried uninstalling the Office toolkit.

Much appreciation & thanks in advance for helping me resolve this.
Hi, everytime I try any of the menu commands I get the message

"The macro c:\Documents and Settings\MCTURNANJ\Local Settings\Temp\sforce_connect.xla'!sfDescribeAndQuery' cannot be found"

I have uninstalled & reinstalled the Addin multiple times. I have tried uninstalling the Office toolkit.

Much appreciation & thanks in advance for helping me resolve this.

I have created a scontrol which grabs some information from objects within the system and then opens the "send an email" dialog using javascript like this

location.replace("/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?" +
    "retURL=%2F" + opp_id +
    "&p3_lkid=" + opp_id +
    "&p2_lkid=" + to_id +
    "&p4=" + cc_line +
    "&p6={!Account_Name} request for connection to "+supplier.Item('Name').Value +
    "&p7=" +body_str
    );

This works, unless body_str is too long ( more than  ~ 1K ), but I know the Select Template feature does write larger strings into this body window, I'm looking for an example or tips on how this is done.

I suspect that the Select Template function (openTemplateSelector(event)) does it's thing then writes the finished body back into opener.document.editPage.p6.innerHTML to populate the body.

Am I on the right track with this ?

I would like to do this same thing to create a larger body than is possible using the "on the url" method

does anyone have tips / tricks / examples handy ?

it appears that i need to wait until the location.replace has finished drawing before making any change to the new location form.

thanks !