• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

Does anybody know how to query for a user's permission level based off of their userId? I need to write some code that is restricted to administrators only. Thanks.
Hi,

I have made a custom object, and I am now writing a script that auto-populates activity records. These activity records are set to be Related To my custom object using the "WhatId" field.

I also have capabilities in a custom tab to manipulate this custom object, including the capabilities to delete them. Here is my problem.

When you delete an instance of this object that is referenced from an activity record for a contact, that activity record is deleted entirely. I need the activity records to be able to persist, even if the instance of the custom object is deleted, for history purposes. Is this possible?

Thanks
Hi,

I am working on an App that integrates with my company's system. One of the things we want to do is write activity records based off of certain events. Most of them aren't a problem, because they happen right away. However, there is an event that can occur at any time in the future, almost definitely after the current session key has expired.

So the problem is, how can I get the API to log back into any given client's account and write an activity record based off of this future event?

My thought had been that as a requirement for this feature, we require companies to give us a username and password to their account, so that we can use that to log in and record this activity. However, I wasn't sure whether or not one user account logged in through the API can write an activity record for another user. I know you can read objects owned by another user, but can you write them as well?

Answers to either question would be greatly appreciated.
Is there any way to include in the app package custom fields for the Contact object? Thanks.
Hi,

I am having a very strange problem. I am querying for Contacts for a list of Account Id's. Here are the snippits of code:

(I replaced the list of fields for '*' for readability purposes)

SELECT * FROM Contact WHERE (AccountId = '')
      - returns 5 contacts

SELECT * FROM Contact WHERE (AccountId = '00130000007rnTzAAI')
      - returns 2 contacts    

SELECT * FROM Contact WHERE (AccountId = '' OR AccountId = '00130000007rnTzAAI')
      - returns 2 contacts

This problem only arises when one of the two OR statements is AccountId = ''. When I OR two statements and they both have Ids, it works just fine.

Message Edited by thinton on 06-02-2006 07:45 AM

Hi,

I am trying to build a custom app, and part of what I want to do involves custom data fields in the Contact object. My question is, what is the best way to get these fields to clients using my app? I couldn't see a way to package them into the app package, and I didn't know if there was a way to create them dynamically with the API if they don't exist.

Thanks.
Hi,

I am building an application that uses the partner wsdl. I am trying to create a new instance of a custom object using the create method. I based my code off of the sample code for the partner wsdl, and can't see what I am doing differently; however, I receive the following error when the create statement executes:

INVALID_TYPE: Must send a concrete entity type

Has anyone seen this before? Thanks.
Hi,

I am having an issue when attempting to query for data from a custom object that I created. I am appending the '__c' to the end of it. The error is:

There is an error in XML document (1, 388).
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events) at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, XmlDeserializationEvents events) at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at ASPSample.sforce.SforceService.query(String queryString) at ASPSample.BuildList.populateListsDropDown() at ASPSample.BuildList.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I can query just fine for non-custom objects and for custom fields in non-custom objects. My custom object shows up when I call DescribeGlobal. I am not attempting to do anything with the results, I am merely calling the query. Any ideas? <meta content="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1" name=GENERATOR> <meta content=C# name=CODE_LANGUAGE> <meta content=JavaScript name=vs_defaultClientScript> <meta content=http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5 name=vs_targetSchema>
Hi everyone,

I am attempting to integrate my company's software with salesforce. We do mass emailing with tracking capabilities. What I wish to do is have the user go through a process similar to "Mass Email Contacts", where they can select a list of contacts both from filtering data and with checkboxes, but instead of sending the list through salesforce, a script would be triggered that uses the API to get the list they created. This would then build the list on our side.

My first thought was using campaigns, but our clients do not give campaign access to their users. I tried making a custom object, but could not find a way to import a list to that object in a similar fashion. There is no place I can find in the "Mass Email Contacts" process to insert a custom link. Anyone have any other ideas?
Hi,

Does anybody know how to query for a user's permission level based off of their userId? I need to write some code that is restricted to administrators only. Thanks.
Hi,

I am having a very strange problem. I am querying for Contacts for a list of Account Id's. Here are the snippits of code:

(I replaced the list of fields for '*' for readability purposes)

SELECT * FROM Contact WHERE (AccountId = '')
      - returns 5 contacts

SELECT * FROM Contact WHERE (AccountId = '00130000007rnTzAAI')
      - returns 2 contacts    

SELECT * FROM Contact WHERE (AccountId = '' OR AccountId = '00130000007rnTzAAI')
      - returns 2 contacts

This problem only arises when one of the two OR statements is AccountId = ''. When I OR two statements and they both have Ids, it works just fine.

Hi,

I am building an application that uses the partner wsdl. I am trying to create a new instance of a custom object using the create method. I based my code off of the sample code for the partner wsdl, and can't see what I am doing differently; however, I receive the following error when the create statement executes:

INVALID_TYPE: Must send a concrete entity type

Has anyone seen this before? Thanks.
Hi,

I am having an issue when attempting to query for data from a custom object that I created. I am appending the '__c' to the end of it. The error is:

There is an error in XML document (1, 388).
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events) at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, XmlDeserializationEvents events) at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at ASPSample.sforce.SforceService.query(String queryString) at ASPSample.BuildList.populateListsDropDown() at ASPSample.BuildList.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I can query just fine for non-custom objects and for custom fields in non-custom objects. My custom object shows up when I call DescribeGlobal. I am not attempting to do anything with the results, I am merely calling the query. Any ideas? <meta content="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1" name=GENERATOR> <meta content=C# name=CODE_LANGUAGE> <meta content=JavaScript name=vs_defaultClientScript> <meta content=http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5 name=vs_targetSchema>
Hi everyone,

I am attempting to integrate my company's software with salesforce. We do mass emailing with tracking capabilities. What I wish to do is have the user go through a process similar to "Mass Email Contacts", where they can select a list of contacts both from filtering data and with checkboxes, but instead of sending the list through salesforce, a script would be triggered that uses the API to get the list they created. This would then build the list on our side.

My first thought was using campaigns, but our clients do not give campaign access to their users. I tried making a custom object, but could not find a way to import a list to that object in a similar fashion. There is no place I can find in the "Mass Email Contacts" process to insert a custom link. Anyone have any other ideas?