• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'd like to have the Account Number field auto-populate but I'm having difficulty seeing how this can be accomplished.  The standard Account Number is currently a text field.

I've taken the approach of creating a customize field called "Account Number" (using Auto Number) and hiding the standard one. I'd like to avoid taking this approach, but I don't see any other way.

Thanks in advance,
Keith
Folks,

I noticed on the address fields both country/state data are text fields - this applies to lead/account and contact objects. This is concerning given the various permuations a user could enter in when filling out this information.

In an effort to ensure some level of data accuracy I've had to add custom fields for country and states as pick list.

Of course what ultimately ends up happening is a new custom address record is developed: address 1, address 2, state, country, zip code, etc.

Have others taken a simliar approach or just decided to do periodic periodic data cleanup. Any danger with creating my own custom address record.

Cheers,
Keith

I understand there is a rule that you cannot establish a relationship between two standard objects (lookup or master-detail). Is there a way to get around this rule? The use case would be:

When a customer calls in for support a technical support engineer will check if the customer has a valid service contract. The support engineer will do a lookup against the account and attached the contract to the case.

Thanks
Keith
Is there any documentation that explains how to set-up a many-to-many relationship within Salesforce.com?

Thanks in advance,
Keith
I'm a newbie at writing scontrols so can anyone point me towards some examples using JavaScript? I'm initially looking to do a simple query and display the record.

Thanks in advance

Are there any plans to make bill-to/ship-to address a separate object. Maybe others have figured out a way to get around this.

In my case, I'm want to set-up a Parent/Child relationship between Account and Addresses.

A common scenario would be showing what assests were shipped to a given Account - there could be multiple ship-to addresses

Thanks
Keith
I've scanned thru the 7.0 Winter'06 release, but I didn't see anything referencing "join" capability. Is this available? I'm looking to do joins between various objects like Case and Assest.

Thanks
Keith
Folks,

I'm currently evaluating some data integrators and wanted to get an opinion from folks who've used
these products (or others).

Thanks
Keith

Message Edited by ksherry on 01-18-2006 05:10 PM

I'm attempting to insert a value into a field that's data type is "Auto Number" thru the saleforce.com API. Is this allowable? If so, is there a flag I need to enable to make this insert possible?

Cheers,
Keith
Folks,

I noticed on the address fields both country/state data are text fields - this applies to lead/account and contact objects. This is concerning given the various permuations a user could enter in when filling out this information.

In an effort to ensure some level of data accuracy I've had to add custom fields for country and states as pick list.

Of course what ultimately ends up happening is a new custom address record is developed: address 1, address 2, state, country, zip code, etc.

Have others taken a simliar approach or just decided to do periodic periodic data cleanup. Any danger with creating my own custom address record.

Cheers,
Keith

I understand there is a rule that you cannot establish a relationship between two standard objects (lookup or master-detail). Is there a way to get around this rule? The use case would be:

When a customer calls in for support a technical support engineer will check if the customer has a valid service contract. The support engineer will do a lookup against the account and attached the contract to the case.

Thanks
Keith
A new, publicly available, system status page is now available.

http://trust.salesforce.com/

Feedback is welcome.

Adam
  • February 16, 2006