• 5 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

UK based developer/administrator.  I've been involved with salesforce.com since 2005 and can do all elements.  I can do requirements gathering, consulting, development, visualforce pages, custom applications, deployment, training, maintenance.

I can provide screen shots and samples of code.  I'm available to do large/small projects.  Contact me on 0103561crm@gmail.com, skype id christopher.mclaren1 or see my website https://sites.google.com/site/salesforcedeployment/home

I have a visualforce page that has a records data displayed as a PDF.  The background for the columns on the left need to be blue.  However using a CSS file it is only ht e text background that turns blue.  The rest of the cell has a white background.  Looking on the internet it might be that the <DIV> tags screw this up.  Anyway I need to have the entire cell background in blue, any help appreciated.

<apex:page controller="CVRRead" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" renderas="pdf">
<apex:stylesheet value="{!$Resource.CVR_CSS}">

<apex:form >
<apex:sectionHeader title="Business Development" />

<apex:dataTable value="{!solution}" var="o" id="theTable" border="1" columnsWidth="100px, 140px" >

<apex:facet name="caption">Client Visit Report</apex:facet>

<apex:column >
                        <apex:outputText value="Client Visit Report" styleclass="CVRTable"/>                     
                </apex:column>

<apex:outputText value="{!o.SolutionName}" styleclass="CVRData"/>

</apex:dataTable>

<apex:dataTable value="{!solution}" var="o" id="theTable2" border="1" columnsWidth="100px, 140px">
                        <apex:outputText value="Meeting Objective" styleclass="CVRTable"/>                     

<apex:outputText value="{!o.Meeting_Objective__c}" styleclass="CVRData"/>

<apex:dataTable value="{!solution}" var="o" id="theTable3" border="1" columnsWidth="100px, 140px">
                        <apex:outputText value="Visual Process" styleclass="CVRTable"/>                     

<apex:outputText value="{!o.Visit_Process__c}" styleclass="CVRData"/>

</apex:form>
</apex:stylesheet>
</apex:page>

salesforce.com developer/administrator since 2005. 

Report writing

Customisation

Configuration

Triggers

Visualforce pages

Web development

SFdC Training

Business processes mapping

Business analysis

Tendering process

Basically I can chat with you about your business processes and find the best way to achieve this in salesforce.com and/or improve them.  Interested then email 0103561crm@gmail.com, https://sites.google.com/site/crmconsultus/

Thanks

Hello.  I am looking at using Director for an application to search salesforce.com and retrieve details.  The reason I'm using Director is that it is more powerful than flash and looks better than HTML.  I have the code working perfectly with Javascript but was wondering how easy it is to port this over to Director, anyone any experiences???  Flash might be an option but we prefer the way Director handles.
I am trying to create an s-control that, from an opportunity product, will create a new opportunity and then delete the opportunity product.  I have managed to get it to create a new opportunity but I am having trouble getting ti to delete the product,

This is the code I currently have :-

<script type="text/javascript">
window.parent.location.href="{!URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.New
,Opportunity.Id, [opp3=Opportunity.Name , opp7=  OpportunityLineItem.TotalPrice  ])};"
  ({!$Action.OpportunityLineItem.Delete}), {!$ObjectType.OpportunityLineItem})

</script>

Unfortunately this currently bring up nothing, but if I take away "  ({!$Action.OpportunityLineItem.Delete}), {!$ObjectType.OpportunityLineItem})" it bring up the new opportunity page but obviously does not delete the product.  Any suggestions???
I am trying to check users who have logged in over the last 30 days.  Not sure how to do this.  The field LastLoginDate returns a date in the format Wed Jan 17 19:01:53 UTC+0100 2007.  So what I need is to get the current date -30 days and then somehow return all users with the LastLoginDate greater than this returned value.

Any suggestions? 
I am trying to modify our current set up.  I want to put in four new fields (names first then type) -
Bid completed - Checkbox
Bid number - Autoformat
Raised date - Date
Bid location - text

What I want is that these values are inaccessible until bid completed is checked.  Then these are available.  This cannot be done by field dependencies as they are not picklist values.

To complicate it further I also need to have Bid number as an autoformat value.  Once bid completed is checked it assigns a value that increments from the last highest value (i.e. SSS0000001 is the previous bid number so it will assign the new value SSS0000002).

Is this possible, and how???
Is there any way to make the contracts accessible by region.  We are a global company and would like to set up the contracts so that the asia region manager could see only the asia contracts (and the same for European, Americas region managers) 

Does anyone know of any way to achieve this?
I'd like to be able to create a query then return the record count and store this into a file.  I can do all this but store it into a file.  I have managed to sumbit the query, retireve the data and then store the array count into a variable.  I cannot then print this record count to a file.  Can anyone help.  This is the code.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head> 
    <title>AOC</title>
       <script
" type="text/javascript"></script>
    function load(){
        sforceClient.registerInitCallback(main);
        sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}", true);
    }

function main(){   
var d = new Date();
d.setDate(d.getDate()-130);

var orden = new Array();
 orden.count = 0;
        var cd = new Array();
        cd.push("CloseDate");
        cd.push("ASC");

var n = new Array();
        n.push("Name");
        n.push("DESC");

orden.push(cd);
        orden.push(n);

sforceClient.QueryAllSorted("select Id, My_Commision__c, Name, CloseDate,
Amount from Opportunity"   , orden);
    }

function displayResults(opps)
 {

totallength = opps.length;
       var out ="";
out += ""
 document.getElementById("DivWritetext").innerHTML = out;
 }
    sforceClient.QueryAllSorted = function(soql, sort_orders) {
        sforceClient.sortArray = sort_orders;

sforceClient.sobjects = new Array();
        this.Query(soql, queryCallback);
    }

sforceClient.sortArray = new Array();

queryCallback = function(ret) {
        if (ret.size > 0){
            sforceClient.sobjects = sforceClient.sobjects.concat(ret.records);
            if (ret.done == false){
                    sforceClient.queryMore(ret.queryLocator, queryCallback)
            } else {
                displayResults(sforceClient.sobjects.sort(sortSObject));   
  }
 }
    }
</script>
</head>
<FORM ACTION="https://na1.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp">
<div style="position: absolute; left: 640px; text-align: center; top: 29px; width:
155px; height: 44px; font-family: Bradley Hand ITC; font-weight: bold; font-size:
14pt">
&nbsp;<INPUT TYPE=submit value="Salesforce.com" style="position: absolute; left: 1;
text-align: center; top: 0; width: 152px; height: 43px; font-family: Bradley Hand ITC;
font-weight: bold; font-size: 14pt">
 </FORM>
<body onLoad="load();">
<div id=DivWritetext>
<script
src='https://www.salesforce.com/services/lib/ajax/beta3.3/sforceclient.js?browser=true
' type='text/javascript'>
var fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
var newFileObject = fso.CreateTextFile("C:\\acccounts.txt",true);
newFileObject.WriteLine ("1");
newFileObject.Close();</script>
</div>

</body>
</html>

Is it possible to retrieve the field Amount with the converted values (of the exchange rate) using the AJAX toolkit.  At the moment I have the code to retrieve the Amount field, but cannot see a way to get to the Amount (converted) field.  Is this a field created on the fly by salesforce.com?

Does anyone know how to achieve this?
Is there any way to integrate an scontrol to run a report and click the printable view button, without the user seeing the report being run.  I want to have a custom link that users click that runs a report.  I don't want users to be able to see the report as this will encourage them to alter the report (which I don't want).

Basically an scontrol that runs a report (the user doesn't see this report) and then runs the printable view button to display the results in excel (the user would basically click the custom link, from the home page, then the excel file would be displayed).

The information I want to dipaly is a customopportunity field and  a few standard opportunity fields.

Is this possible?  How do I go about this?  Has anyone got any sample code?

Does anyone know how the "printable view" button works on the reports.  This sends data direct to a file from salesforce.com.  I would like to create a similar button that sends data from a web link.

Can anyone help?
I am looking at updating to.from an oracle database.  We are looking to update the accounts/opportunity/contacts table from salesforce to an oracle database and also from oracle to salesforce.

Is this possible and how do I go about starting to achieve this?  Any help is appreciated.
Is it possible to create a web link that passes values from salesforce (opportunity tab) into excel. I require a link on a salesforce page that simply puts the values into a formatted excel spreadsheet.

Is this possible? If not are there any other solutions. Currently we have a link that takes the user to a report with the data. The user then click on the "Export to Excel" button, as normal. This method is a bit simplistic so we are lokking for a more sophisticated method.

Message Edited by chrismclaren on 02-15-2006 06:10 AM

I am a new user to this board. I was looking for some way to do the following:- I want to access salesforce.com data and extract it daily. I would like it saved in an xml format. I do not want to change the data, simply export it. I have Java experience and I'm looking ofr any help to achieve this. The data loader does not have an option to export daily without user interaction.

Hi my name is Amar and i am very new to Salesforce and as well as SOQL and SOSL languages.

I have a doubt regarding the inner functionality of SOSL. Here is the point i created an Account, i gave a Account Namelike "Sonia and" with out double quotes and also i gave Account Number like "and" in the same record. 

I opend Apex Explorer in that i opened SOSL tab and i am trying to search a record "Sonia and and and" here Sonia and is Account name. "and" this one is a operator(Marked as red in a search string). and the last "and" is Account Number. So when i click Send Request in SOSL tab it gave result.

Here my problem is how the salesforce will treat and operator. Here i have three "and" words. In these three how the salesforce detect which one is operator "and" which one is normal "and" word...?

Can anybody gave a solution for this one. If any link is there please provide those links..

Thanx In Advance..

Thanks & Regards

Amar

there are two user. one is admin and another one is salesmanager. In admin side dashboard work correctly(view all the details). but in salesmmanager sidewhen i click a dashboard taberror message thrown  "You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. " i checked all the permission in sales manager profile. how to salesmanager view the dashboard ?

hey, we don't have in-house salesforce experts but need to pre-screen a few salesforce developers. can you please let me know if there are any websites like eskill offering salesforce developer tests? i understand that a lot of people are certified but is that a real warranty of the experience?

i would really appreciate feedback on this

This position is for a direct hire/ full time position.  Unfortunately we are not looking for hourly consultants for this position.  The salary and benefits are great and relocation assistance is available. 

Salesforce.com Developer

This position is accountable for developing software solutions for business opportunities.  This position will focus on our Sales, Marketing & R&D functions, and will work with functional personnel to understand the nature of the opportunity, then to develop and implement the appropriate solution. Incumbent will be familiar with software customization/configuration in Salesforce.com.

PRIMARY DUTIES:

Serve as point of first contact for software related questions/requests from the Sales, Marketing and R&D functions.

Develop ad hoc reporting requested by system users.  Expertise required in Salesforce.com, SQL Server procedure maintenance and SQL Server Reporting Services. Serve as primary Salesforce.com administrator.  Tasks include creation of simple reports/views, software (page layout; validation rules; etc), and software development (APEX, Visual Force).  Work with Salesforce.com support to coordinate additional tasks .Evaluate new tools as they become available on the Force.com platform.

Create software on internal IT platform (SQL Server; Reporting Services; Iron Speed; .Net).

Provide limited Help Desk support for the White Marsh site and remote Sales users, Assists the IT department with the installation and/or maintenance of hardware and software as needed.

Performs other duties as assigned, Follows all company safety rules in performing job duties.

EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:

B. S. degree in Computer Science and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, but will consider A.A. degree with equivalent experience. Expertise in, SQL Server, Java, Salesforce.com and Access required.  Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, and Crystal Reports (or similar) preferred.

* Our client will consider providing basic relocation assistance to the successful candidate.

Based in Scotland and can't find resource for your Salesforce and Force.com projects?

Cloud-development are an Edinburgh based consultancy, providing support to companies of all sizes across Scotland.

Visit www.cloud-development.co.uk to get in touch.

New here and new to Salesforce!

I'm working on developing a call sheet for our company integrated with Salesforce. With only a basic understanding of coding I've opted to build out a tab with the necessary fields and created something that's very usable, linking to contacts, etc.

The trouble I'm currently having is that it takes two clicks to access an individual's calls. What I'd like to do is have a Visualforce element on a user's dashboard that either connects directly back to the tab through a URL, displaying the page or something that displays a list of the calls.

I'm guessing I'm not the first person to attempt this so I thought I'd check in here first and see if anyone has any thoughts or could reference anything that's already been built.

Any help is much appreciated!

Hi,

Hoping someone out there could shed some light on a problem I've been having on a VF page that displays data as pdf.

The VF page I'm working on is basically a query tool that retrieves data from the DB and displays them in a report. It should have 2 display modes: display on screen and display as pdf. I've tried to implement it by creating two VF pages using one controller. The 1st page has the form where users input the query criteria, and displays the query results in a pageBlock, and the 2nd page is just a page that displays the query results on a page with renderAs="pdf". The pdf page uses a different collection (a List of Lists) to display the results for pagination purposes.

The code looks somewhat like this:

public class MyController {

public List<DataObject> queryResults {get; private set;}

public List<List<DataObject>> queryResultsForPDF {get; private set;}

public void runQuery() {
        // run SOQL query and marshall results into queryResults
    }

public PageReference viewAsPDF() {
        runQuery();
        // split queryResults into separate batches and insert into queryResultsForPDF
        return Page.MyReportPDF;
    }
}
<!-- MyReport VF Page -->
<apex:page controller="MyController">
<apex:commandButton action="{!runQuery}" value="Display on screen" rerender="report_block"/>
<apex:commandLink action="{!viewAsPDF}" value="Display as PDF" target="_blank"/>

<apex:pageBlock id="report_block">
... displays report data from queryResults
</apex:pageBlock>

<!-- MyReport PDF Page -->
<apex:page controller="MyController" renderAs="pdf">

<apex:pageBlock id="report_block">
... displays report data from pdfQueryResults
</apex:pageBlock>

The report displays fine in the on screen display. However, when I try to do the view as PDF, the data always comes out as empty. I've gone through the debug logs and queryResultsForPDF does get initialized, but for some reason, when the pdf VF page retrieves it, it always comes out as empty (Hope this makes sense)

It seems like the controller instance variables I set in viewAsPDF() aren't reflected in the pdf VF page. Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

I have a visualforce page that has a records data displayed as a PDF.  The background for the columns on the left need to be blue.  However using a CSS file it is only ht e text background that turns blue.  The rest of the cell has a white background.  Looking on the internet it might be that the <DIV> tags screw this up.  Anyway I need to have the entire cell background in blue, any help appreciated.

<apex:page controller="CVRRead" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" renderas="pdf">
<apex:stylesheet value="{!$Resource.CVR_CSS}">

<apex:form >
<apex:sectionHeader title="Business Development" />

<apex:dataTable value="{!solution}" var="o" id="theTable" border="1" columnsWidth="100px, 140px" >

<apex:facet name="caption">Client Visit Report</apex:facet>

<apex:outputText value="Client Visit Report" styleclass="CVRTable"/>                     

<apex:outputText value="{!o.SolutionName}" styleclass="CVRData"/>

<apex:dataTable value="{!solution}" var="o" id="theTable2" border="1" columnsWidth="100px, 140px">
                        <apex:outputText value="Meeting Objective" styleclass="CVRTable"/>                     

<apex:outputText value="{!o.Meeting_Objective__c}" styleclass="CVRData"/>

<apex:dataTable value="{!solution}" var="o" id="theTable3" border="1" columnsWidth="100px, 140px">
                        <apex:outputText value="Visual Process" styleclass="CVRTable"/>                     

<apex:outputText value="{!o.Visit_Process__c}" styleclass="CVRData"/>

</apex:form>
</apex:stylesheet>

Can any one tell me how can i implement a spell check functionality in salesforce.

I tried many things but nothing seems to be working inside salesforce..plz help...

We have a contract for tender to develop a salesforce app with an immediate start, or asap.

The app will create a new custom object for integration with our system. There is no requirement for API integration or testing, just the development of a custom object/module.

We are only considering UK based developers/agencies at this time.

Rate NEG:

short term contract

Please direct message, or provide links.

I am trying to create a report that shows projected "product schedule revenue", by month, for each opportunity, and/or rolled up by sales stage, Business Unit, etc. We are a consulting/services business, so all the financial reports showing booking amounts for revenue are interesting, but not all that relevant for us.  We need to see the contract award amount spread over the period of performance, with revenue each month that estimates actual value earned.

Specifically, I'd like each row to be an opportunity name, OR possibly all the opportunites rolled into their stage (as a summary report version). The columns would be Jan 2010, Feb 2010, Mar 2010, Apr 2010, etc. - whatever months have projected revenue according to the product schedules associated with that opportunity. The data in each cell would then be the amount of "scheduled revenue" for the row's opportunity or overall sales stage. By this I mean that if the opportunity is worth $120K and scheduled to close in Jan 2010 (and expected to be a year's worth of work), I don't want to see $120K as a January amount. What I want to see is $10K per month in each month, which is what has been scheduled for the product within that opportunity.

I cannot find any way to report on the monthly schedule revenue like this.
Thanks for any advice.

I downloaded the campaign timeline application but it only comes with 4 standard views and not the ability to edit those views. Has anyone figured out a hack to get around this? Or is there anything that I'm missing? I have a hierarchical structure in my campaigns and it overpopulates the application with campaigns only used for hierarchy.

Thanks,

Keenan

I found the Timeline S-Control on the AppExchange and the documentation says you can use it for Custom Objects.
Has anyone tried this and gained some insight as to how one might accomplish this?
I am trying to check users who have logged in over the last 30 days.  Not sure how to do this.  The field LastLoginDate returns a date in the format Wed Jan 17 19:01:53 UTC+0100 2007.  So what I need is to get the current date -30 days and then somehow return all users with the LastLoginDate greater than this returned value.

Any suggestions? 
I'd like to be able to create a query then return the record count and store this into a file.  I can do all this but store it into a file.  I have managed to sumbit the query, retireve the data and then store the array count into a variable.  I cannot then print this record count to a file.  Can anyone help.  This is the code.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head> 
    <title>AOC</title>
       <script
" type="text/javascript"></script>
    function load(){
        sforceClient.registerInitCallback(main);
        sforceClient.init("{!API_Session_ID}", "{!API_Partner_Server_URL_70}", true);
    }

function main(){   
var d = new Date();
d.setDate(d.getDate()-130);

var orden = new Array();
 orden.count = 0;
        var cd = new Array();
        cd.push("CloseDate");
        cd.push("ASC");

var n = new Array();
        n.push("Name");
        n.push("DESC");

orden.push(cd);
        orden.push(n);

sforceClient.QueryAllSorted("select Id, My_Commision__c, Name, CloseDate,
Amount from Opportunity"   , orden);
    }

function displayResults(opps)
 {

totallength = opps.length;
       var out ="";
out += ""
 document.getElementById("DivWritetext").innerHTML = out;
 }
    sforceClient.QueryAllSorted = function(soql, sort_orders) {
        sforceClient.sortArray = sort_orders;

sforceClient.sobjects = new Array();
        this.Query(soql, queryCallback);
    }

sforceClient.sortArray = new Array();

queryCallback = function(ret) {
        if (ret.size > 0){
            sforceClient.sobjects = sforceClient.sobjects.concat(ret.records);
            if (ret.done == false){
                    sforceClient.queryMore(ret.queryLocator, queryCallback)
            } else {
                displayResults(sforceClient.sobjects.sort(sortSObject));   
  }
 }
    }
</script>
</head>
<FORM ACTION="https://na1.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp">
<div style="position: absolute; left: 640px; text-align: center; top: 29px; width:
155px; height: 44px; font-family: Bradley Hand ITC; font-weight: bold; font-size:
14pt">
&nbsp;<INPUT TYPE=submit value="Salesforce.com" style="position: absolute; left: 1;
text-align: center; top: 0; width: 152px; height: 43px; font-family: Bradley Hand ITC;
font-weight: bold; font-size: 14pt">
 </FORM>
<body onLoad="load();">
<div id=DivWritetext>
<script
src='https://www.salesforce.com/services/lib/ajax/beta3.3/sforceclient.js?browser=true
' type='text/javascript'>
var fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
var newFileObject = fso.CreateTextFile("C:\\acccounts.txt",true);
newFileObject.WriteLine ("1");
newFileObject.Close();</script>
</div>

</body>
</html>

I am looking at updating to.from an oracle database.  We are looking to update the accounts/opportunity/contacts table from salesforce to an oracle database and also from oracle to salesforce.

Is this possible and how do I go about starting to achieve this?  Any help is appreciated.