• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am looking to create a formula field that will return an auto-number.
Example:
If Status = Next Step then "New Field" auto-populates the next sequential #.
Any pointers?
Thanks!
I have been working on creating a formula field that is giving me some trouble. I would appreciate any help - I probably just need a new set of eyes to look at it.
I would like to take Contract Date (field) and Term (field) - a picklist with 24 months, 36 months, etc. and determine a value for a third field (TERM MATURITY DATE)

I've been trying to look at this by creating an additional hidden field to change the data type - but i'm just not seeing it?
I have several custom links in a custom object that transfered great to the "Test Drive". There is one link in the Contact and that did not transfer. The link shows on the page after editting the layout - however the link does not work. It does work in my developer instance. I went into the test drive and checked the labels, etc and everything is mapped correctly. The message says "insufficient priveledges - contact record owner or admin".
I am the admin level so I'm not sure where to go with this?

Would greatly appreciate any help on this - this small detail is holding up the project.

Thanx
I would like to have an s-control that passes the CASE subject field to a CUSTOM OBJECT Name field. Could someone point me in the right direction? I know that this must be fairly simple but I'm new to this part of SFDC.
Thank for any help!
I would like to create a formula field:
Contract Date x Term = Maturity Date
The contract date is as it says - in DATE format
The Term is in NUMBER format
The results should be in DATE format.
It seems like this might be possible with advanced formulas.
Would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks!
I would like to make use of the ability to re-name tabs in my appExchange product - primarily to use the email functionality.
Example : Treatment Monitor (Salesforce Labs product in appExchange)
Patients and Providers are both a type of Contact, however, the full email functionality cannot work in these objects.

I am handing off an integration project to someone that will use the API. I would like to understand the best way to describe SFDC's mapping capabilities. I have used the Accounts/Contacts wizard and the dataloader to map in Opts. Is the process the same when using the API? How can we automate the data loading (Contacts - Opts.) for daily use? Does the dataloader have an "overwrite" feature (much like the feature in the Contacts wizard)?
Finally, we would like to have connectivity with the Contact and the Opt. without having to go to the Opt. record and manually connect thru the Contact Role. Suggestions?
Thanks for the help!
Load Data from web posted csv file to SFDC.
Must have ability to automate data loading to Contacts-Opts-Cases.
New Data will be posted daily.
competitorone@yahoo.com
Must have extensive knowledge of ADP system.
Original data pull to be formatted, cleaned and staged for automated data loading into SFDC Contacts, Opportunities and Cases.
Daily data updates will need to be integrated.
competitorone@yahoo.com
We have about 100 custom contact fields that I would like to have as available lead fields in order to create a web-to-lead form.  Seems like there should be a way to copy the existing custom fields to make them available as custom lead fields without having to recreate each one individually, but I can't see how.  Any advice?

thanks!

Carolyn
Hi all!

I'm a Salesforce Professional user, and was curious if there is a way to specfically hide either an entire case section in a layout, e.g. RMA information, or specific fields, making the appearance conditional on a specific case type, e.g. RMA Request?

I've scoured the documentation and the forums here but haven't seen anything that would give me a clear cut yes, or no.

Thanks!
I am looking to create a formula field that will return an auto-number.
Example:
If Status = Next Step then "New Field" auto-populates the next sequential #.
Any pointers?
Thanks!
Newbie to this but I am trying to create a custom formula for a user defined field that will auto-populate with a text value based on a user defined pick-list selection.
Can anyone help...I have not been able to find anything in the help or internet for this.

ex....Region 17 is selected from the Region field; NAME is populated in the Region Manager Field.

Thanks!
  • December 17, 2007
    This may be an easy question to some, but what would how would you suggest I enter a contact if the contact is a couple with two last names. This only matters for mass mail outs, and I know it would be possible to do in excel. However I was wondering if it would be possible to do in salesforce.
Is there anyway I can add to the set standard contact name fields?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• December 10, 2007
Hi all,

how can I avoid the new Account buttton coming with the search for related account page of an event?
the fields in this new account page are not the one I need.

Thank you

• December 03, 2007
I was wondering if it was possible to create a custom tab, lets call it prospects, between leads and accounts that will work as a bridge between leads and accounts allowing opportunities to be linked to it to allow people to be quoted as prospects before they become accounts.

I am having awfull trouble accomplishing this task and would like feed back on possible apps that could accomplish this for me or some sort of starting point and reference material.

The Banner Kid

Message Edited by Thebannerkid on 11-26-200706:33 PM

I have several custom links in a custom object that transfered great to the "Test Drive". There is one link in the Contact and that did not transfer. The link shows on the page after editting the layout - however the link does not work. It does work in my developer instance. I went into the test drive and checked the labels, etc and everything is mapped correctly. The message says "insufficient priveledges - contact record owner or admin".
I am the admin level so I'm not sure where to go with this?

Would greatly appreciate any help on this - this small detail is holding up the project.

Thanx
I need an experienced SF developer to create an S-Control for me that can be used to summarise information in child objects into fields in the parent. I believe it's possible to do this using JavaScript in an S-Control, which accesses SF via the API (I have Enterprise Edition). An example of what I mean using the standard objects is putting a Sum Total of the value of all the opportunities on an Account into a single field - i.e. a field on Account called "Opportunities Value Total". That's not a real scenario for us, but our scenarios are similar, just with custom objects.

So the deliverable is a pair of S-Controls that can do this, written in such a way that they can be reused for summarising different information in different objects (we'll be using it in 5-10 different places). The first S-Control simply copies a value from a field in the child (selected using a filter) into a field in the parent. The second control runs a Sum operation on a specific field on the children, and puts that sum value into the parent field.

Please reply to this post if interested or contact me direct.
I would like to have an s-control that passes the CASE subject field to a CUSTOM OBJECT Name field. Could someone point me in the right direction? I know that this must be fairly simple but I'm new to this part of SFDC.
Thank for any help!
It seems I can only have one managed package in a DE org. This is the message I'm receiving: "You have selected the following as the only managed package for this Salesforce organization: "

I also do not have the ability to Edit my global managed package settings (the Edit button disappeared).

Any guidance on this?

Thx

Start-up needs a short-term consultant with lengthy experience helping companies customize and tailor SalesForce to their exact needs. We have already implemented SalesForce, but need an expert who can seamlessly and affordably customize it for our needs.

Please feel free to send an email and resume (included in the body of your email), with relevant SalesForce customization experience and years of experience. Note: We do not need an administrator to create new contact/accounts or reports, rather a programmer or analyst to tweak Salesforce on the backend.
  • May 09, 2006