• 5 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want to use my custom fields in Email Template or in Mail Merge Document.
I have created custom objects and their relationship one is compain and second is Compaing_Products and Relation is one-to-many.
Now i want to use Email template to send emails for a compain with its all products but i did't find the way to use custom fields in Email Templates.

Plz guide me how can i do this task.

Thanx in Advance.
I want to use my custom fields in Email Template or in Mail Merge Document.
I have created custom objects and their relationship one is compain and second is Compaing_Products and Relation is one-to-many.
Now i want to use Email template to send emails for a compain with its all products but i did't find the way to use custom fields in Email Templates.

Plz guide me how can i do this task.

Thanx in Advance.
Hi !
I am using an AppExchange App to convert multiple leads at a time ( i.e. One/Northwest lead convertor).  I want to restrict the users to use convert leads only from the new custom tab instead of lead home page, but for basic operations on lead like new, edit, delete, search etc they should be able to use lead home page but the convert option should not be there.

Can any one give any solution to this problem please ?

Ahsen

Can we make new screens in SFDC ( Enterprise edition) ?
Hi All!

Please tell me if some how the following scenario is doable. ( or any alternate to that)
1. User enters some values on a Lead create page,
2. User clicks on an S-Control, she is shown a new page ( or a pop-up window) showing records of selected custom object,
3. Radio buttons are also shown in front of each record,
4. When the user selects one of the record and the window is closed, the selected record is populated on the parent screen)
( basically i want to acheive filtered lookups, for which i see only above possibility)

Best regards
Ahsen Saeed
Hi all!
https://sandbox.sforce.com/soqltest/index.jsp There was a query builder running on the above mentioned url, but it has stopped working . Can any one please tell where i can find it now, or if there is any alternate to it.
Best Regards
Ahsen Saeed
Hi Guys..

Anybody went thru the Salesforce Adminidstrator or App development workshops?   It is big investment for me....want to know if it is really worth my time and money....  Please advise.

Thanks

• October 02, 2006

I've read that Lookup Relationships between standard objects are not supported with the native app.  Does anyone know of a way around this limitation? 

Take, for example, the relationship between a lead and his or her real estate agent.  The outside real estate agent is a contact and the prospective buyer is a lead.  I want to show this relationship as a lookup between lead and contact, but this is not currently possible with the native IDE.  Does anyone know of a way around this?

Nathan 
I am new to heavy customization of salesforce, but I hope I hope this is possible... I thank you for your attention ahead or time :)

I am trying to figure out how to set up pop-up alerts based on certain conditions.

Ideally, this is what I want to happen:
If an account is marked high priority or mark as unpaid, when a person calls for support I want the rep to be aware of that through a pop up alert. Thus if an account is marked high priority, when ever a rep visits that account page, I want a pop up message or window that says "high priority account" or "subscription expired". Best case scenario would be" if an account has this message then so would its contacts and the cases associated under that account"".
However, upon surveying the solutions it seems to me that pop up are only available after clicking a custom link, and not on page load with is not a satisfactory solution because it is very posible for a rep to miss this by accident.

Is it possible to embed an s-control or java script within a page. If not, what are some of my options for a work around?

Message Edited by haiduz on 06-19-2006 01:28 PM

Hi,
I am fairly new to Salesforce.com.
I am trying to setup a Workflow that sends an email alert to certain "Contact Roles" within a Opportunity.
The option to select either Contacts or Contact Roles when I try to create the Alert, is not available on the dropdown list.

Any help is appreciated.

Nitin.
  • June 16, 2006
I want to add value in Leadsource picklist programmatically. I m new to sales force. Plz help
Hi,

Don't know if I'm missing something - is it possible to report on attachment stats - i.e. number of attachments by users, or sum attachment sizes by filetype, etc?

I can query the attachments via the Explorer, would like to make some reports available but don't see attachments in the SF reporting interface, where one chooses report type options anywhere.

Longer-term where I'm going with this, if anyone's seen a solution - I'd like to see something that will search for and download large pdf docs or images, resize them, and upload them again. I'm finding our users don't typically compress their documents and fear that it will get out of hand pretty soon - a solution like that would be very useful.  I'm evaluating CVision's pdf compressor and it's reducing the filesizes of most docs to less than half the original size. It can be run on entire folders - so if one downloaded offending docs, ran this tool and re-uploaded them, that would save time for the users and server space.
I noticed that opportunity's expectedRevenue field is calculated and it only appears on the view page, and it is absent from the edit page.

Question: Is there anyway I can define my own fields to act the same way?

I'm asking because I'm doing some testing of an app that uses the AppExchange SOAP API, and it would help if I could define my own fields similar to expectedRevenue.

Thanks,

Frank

I would like to define multiple different layouts for the Case page layout based on the Type field.

E.g. If the Type = "Lost Password" I would like to show/hide/require different fields on the Case page layout then if the Type = "Item Not Received".

Is this possible?
First off, I'm assuming I can't map related lists between Leads, Opportunities and Accounts. If I can, that's great! I must have missed it in the docs, but I don't think I can.

I have a number of lead lists to import. One column maps to a custom field describing any partners. For example, I might get a list from a reseller and I want to eventually associate that reseller to the Opportunity in the Partners related list when I convert the Lead. The only way I can think to do this (since I can't map a related list) is to have a custom field for Partners on the Lead and Opportunity records, and then have an S-control that looks at that custom field and creates entries in the Partners related list for the Opportunity (and Account) records.

It would be nice if I could have this S-control execute when the Lead is converted instead of requiring my users to click on a custom link after they convert a Lead.

Did that make sense? Thoughts anyone? Thanks!

Pete
Is there any way to make the contracts accessible by region.  We are a global company and would like to set up the contracts so that the asia region manager could see only the asia contracts (and the same for European, Americas region managers) 

Does anyone know of any way to achieve this?
Can we make new screens in SFDC ( Enterprise edition) ?
Hi All!

Please tell me if some how the following scenario is doable. ( or any alternate to that)
1. User enters some values on a Lead create page,
2. User clicks on an S-Control, she is shown a new page ( or a pop-up window) showing records of selected custom object,
3. Radio buttons are also shown in front of each record,
4. When the user selects one of the record and the window is closed, the selected record is populated on the parent screen)
( basically i want to acheive filtered lookups, for which i see only above possibility)

Best regards
Ahsen Saeed
Hi all!
https://sandbox.sforce.com/soqltest/index.jsp There was a query builder running on the above mentioned url, but it has stopped working . Can any one please tell where i can find it now, or if there is any alternate to it.
Best Regards
Ahsen Saeed
Is it possible to create a SFDC user, create roles and set its rights via AppExcahnge API ?

Best Regards
Ahsen Saeed ( ahsensaeed@hotmail.com)