• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but it sure is frustrating.  I'm using OSX 10.4.7 and Eclipse 3.1.  I have java 1.4.2 and 1.5 loaded (which might be a problem, but I wouldn't think so).  I can successfully create an AppExchange project and successfully download all current scontrols.  I can update them and save changes and they work.

Problem comes in when I try to create a NEW scontrol using Eclipse.  I create a new file and immediately get "An unexpected error was thrown while trying to open the S-Control." along with a java.lang.NullPointerException.  This is a new scontrol, doesn't exist in salesforce yet.  Is there another way I'm supposed to create them?

Then it actually does create the file locally to the workspace.  Great, I'll build it anyway.  I added a simple html tag and one word, test, updated the properties with the scontrol name and try to save.  "Field integrity exception occurred, check your merge field definitions." and another NullPointerException.  I didn't use any merge fields!

Fine.  I'll just create what I need in a text editor and create the scontrol the old fashioned way by pasting it into the salesforce UI.  Then I can refresh the AppExchange project and at least maintain it with Eclipse, right?  Well the context menu "Refresh" does absolutely nothing.  I have to create a new project and start all over, and then I have the new scontrol available in Eclipse.

So what's going on?  BTW I've tried 3.2 with the latest beta version of the plugin, but that just flat doesn't even allow a connection to the soap endpoint.

I want to use this.  It's very cool.  Help!

Mark
I have to insert/update a large number of opportunities (several hundred to several thousand) on a daily basis.  There are 500,000+ opportunities stored in salesforce.  To make it worse, the financial system can't store the salesforce ID.  That means I can't use retrieve because I don't have the salesforce IDs.  So I'm stuck with query.

Each record from the financial system has a "sale number" which is stored in a custom field in salesforce.  What I need to do is something like this:

select <columnlist> from Opportunity where SaleNumber__c IN (sale number array)

I know SOQL doesn't support the IN keyword, so does anyone know of a better way to get this done?  What we have to do today is pull the ENTIRE list of opportunities and then do a local match to determine insert/update - big performance hog.

My real solution is to build an intermediate database that contains both the salesforce ID and the sale number, do a local match and then an upsert.  That's in the works, but will take longer.  In the meantime...

This sounds bad, but if I use this syntax:

select <columnlist> from Opportunity where (SaleNumber__c=1 OR SaleNumber__c=2 OR SaleNumber__c=3 OR...)

How many ORs can I use?  It could be a very long string of them.
Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but it sure is frustrating.  I'm using OSX 10.4.7 and Eclipse 3.1.  I have java 1.4.2 and 1.5 loaded (which might be a problem, but I wouldn't think so).  I can successfully create an AppExchange project and successfully download all current scontrols.  I can update them and save changes and they work.

Problem comes in when I try to create a NEW scontrol using Eclipse.  I create a new file and immediately get "An unexpected error was thrown while trying to open the S-Control." along with a java.lang.NullPointerException.  This is a new scontrol, doesn't exist in salesforce yet.  Is there another way I'm supposed to create them?

Then it actually does create the file locally to the workspace.  Great, I'll build it anyway.  I added a simple html tag and one word, test, updated the properties with the scontrol name and try to save.  "Field integrity exception occurred, check your merge field definitions." and another NullPointerException.  I didn't use any merge fields!

Fine.  I'll just create what I need in a text editor and create the scontrol the old fashioned way by pasting it into the salesforce UI.  Then I can refresh the AppExchange project and at least maintain it with Eclipse, right?  Well the context menu "Refresh" does absolutely nothing.  I have to create a new project and start all over, and then I have the new scontrol available in Eclipse.

So what's going on?  BTW I've tried 3.2 with the latest beta version of the plugin, but that just flat doesn't even allow a connection to the soap endpoint.

I want to use this.  It's very cool.  Help!

Mark
I have to insert/update a large number of opportunities (several hundred to several thousand) on a daily basis.  There are 500,000+ opportunities stored in salesforce.  To make it worse, the financial system can't store the salesforce ID.  That means I can't use retrieve because I don't have the salesforce IDs.  So I'm stuck with query.

Each record from the financial system has a "sale number" which is stored in a custom field in salesforce.  What I need to do is something like this:

select <columnlist> from Opportunity where SaleNumber__c IN (sale number array)

I know SOQL doesn't support the IN keyword, so does anyone know of a better way to get this done?  What we have to do today is pull the ENTIRE list of opportunities and then do a local match to determine insert/update - big performance hog.

My real solution is to build an intermediate database that contains both the salesforce ID and the sale number, do a local match and then an upsert.  That's in the works, but will take longer.  In the meantime...

This sounds bad, but if I use this syntax:

select <columnlist> from Opportunity where (SaleNumber__c=1 OR SaleNumber__c=2 OR SaleNumber__c=3 OR...)

How many ORs can I use?  It could be a very long string of them.