• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have two questions on mail megre.

1. Is there a way to display a lead date field + 30 days ?

2. I have a list of items in my document. How can I display line numbers automatically for number of items displayed (eg; below)

1.    Item Name1(Merge Field from SF)           Item Desc1(Merge Field from SF)   
2.    Item Name2(Merge Field from SF)           Item Desc2(Merge Field from SF)   
3.    Item Name3(Merge Field from SF)           Item Desc3(Merge Field from SF)   

Thanks.

• August 11, 2006
I am trying to list all the solutions with their Category names in my Custom Portal. What is the best way to get the Category name for Solutions?

I have Categories enabled in my API and I can see them thru API.

• June 06, 2006
I would like to send a cutom email from the S-control using from Contact fields, Is there a way to do this? I am realtively new to s-controls.

• June 01, 2006
I am planning to write an Scontrol. Soembody please let me know where should I start? Is there documentation on how to go about? Or Sample code ? Any help on this matter is appreciated.
  • June 01, 2006
Is anybody using your own support Portal ? If so, could you guys please let me know how you are handing the login issues. ?

I would like to use the Selfservice userid and password. But instead of support foce portal, I would like to them to use my own portal.

Please give me some ideas or suggetions to accomplish this.

Message Edited by sba on 05-26-2006 11:44 AM

• May 26, 2006
I am trying to create a Self Service Portal using ASP.Net/C# and Sales force API.

I want user to type in their Self Service UserID and Password  and I would like to verify that the Self service login credentials are valid. I can check the existence of Self Sefvice User and his status (Active or not). But I how will I check whether he used the right password? Is there a way to do this through API.

If thay have used, the right Self Service Userid and Password, I want them to use the custom portal, I have created.

• May 25, 2006
I am trying to use a Self Service Portal using ASP.Net/C# and Sales force API. I want user to type in a text and the application should search for the text in Solution Details. But API Query is not allowing to use WHERE condition (Filter) with SolutionNote field?   Is there a way to do this? Any help on this matter is appreciated.
  • May 19, 2006
I have some custom fields added to the case. Is there a way to display them on the self service portal Log A Case/Ask a Question page?

• April 28, 2006
I woiuld like to use some images on the Self Service Portal header and footer. Where will I put those images so that I can use them in the Header and Footer of Self service Pages.

If I give the address of our web server for the images, it is always coming up with the dialog box asking "This Page contains both secured and non-secured Items. Do yo want to display the non-secured items?

Please help.

• April 25, 2006
I was trying to create an assignment rule to assign cases from contacts whose support is expired. I have an expiration date stored ion SF. And would like to use criteria Exp_date Less then Today. How will I specify "today"  in the criteria for Rule entry

• April 10, 2006
I would like to send a cutom email from the S-control using from Contact fields, Is there a way to do this? I am realtively new to s-controls.

• June 01, 2006
Hello, I'm trying to develope my own Self Service User Portal using the API. My first problem is how do I login using a self service account?
I am trying to use a Self Service Portal using ASP.Net/C# and Sales force API. I want user to type in a text and the application should search for the text in Solution Details. But API Query is not allowing to use WHERE condition (Filter) with SolutionNote field?   Is there a way to do this? Any help on this matter is appreciated.
  • May 19, 2006
I woiuld like to use some images on the Self Service Portal header and footer. Where will I put those images so that I can use them in the Header and Footer of Self service Pages.

If I give the address of our web server for the images, it is always coming up with the dialog box asking "This Page contains both secured and non-secured Items. Do yo want to display the non-secured items?

Please help.

• April 25, 2006

Hello,

I have developed  some Word mail merge templates for my company (Enterprise edition) that print an opportunity with a specific layout (something like an order acknowledgement). We have been using the template for two weeks now with no problems, and all of a sudden from the beginning of this week we are getting different error messages.

More specifically, I get messages like: "Merge data error: End tag 'esforce.com' does not match start tag 'data'", or other versions of this message (instead of esforce.com, I get parts of the Opportunity information), or “A string literal was expected, but no opening quote character was found.

My guess is that information during a mail merge is passed on using URL encoding, and when special characters are involved (ex. Product description) the URL parameters break. However, I've not been able to pinpoint the problematic characters.

Has anyone faced the same problem? Or has anything in the mail merge process changed during the last week? (Opportunity field names?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Alex

Hello. What are my options for sending emails from an scontrol? My thought is to write a standalone process that combs through objects and sends the appropriate emails, but I thought I'd check the scontrol route as well.
thanks
  • October 05, 2005