• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

My application uses the partner API (v7)to create tasks. I have a customer who is reporting that the tasks that are created are showing up with the field Status set to "Cancelled".  I cannot reproduce his problem, and I don't even see "Cancelled" as a possible value for Status in the picklist in my Developer Account.

I do not set the "Status" field at all. In my tests, the tasks I create show up with Status="Not Started"

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks,
Howard
My application is a hyprid application with parts running inside web tabs.  Those parts run on my servers and have a session associated.

What I would like to be able to do is to be notified when the user logs out of Salesforce so I can invalidate his session on my servers.

There was one post that mentionned a logoutURL, but I get the impression that its use is when using an SSO that logs into Salesforce, as opposed to my case where Salesforce servers as the SSO. 

Is this possible?

Thanks.
I am currently using a custom external id field in order to upsert external data into Salesforce from my AppExchange application.  Unfortunately, since my application is a partner app, there is no guarantee that the one external id field isn't already being used by a given company.  So either I take the chance that it isn't being used, or I roll my own upsert with creates and updates, which requires more requests and is slower.

I'm guessing that from within the Salesforce database, an external id field has an associated database index (and the resulting tablespace), so perhaps the rationale of having only one external id is to limit the tablespace.  This would be a shame, because the overhead of the additional requests is a drag for both Salesforce and its partners.

Any chance this will be changed in the future?

-Howard
Hello,

My application uses the partner API (v7)to create tasks. I have a customer who is reporting that the tasks that are created are showing up with the field Status set to "Cancelled".  I cannot reproduce his problem, and I don't even see "Cancelled" as a possible value for Status in the picklist in my Developer Account.

I do not set the "Status" field at all. In my tests, the tasks I create show up with Status="Not Started"

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks,
Howard
I am currently using a custom external id field in order to upsert external data into Salesforce from my AppExchange application.  Unfortunately, since my application is a partner app, there is no guarantee that the one external id field isn't already being used by a given company.  So either I take the chance that it isn't being used, or I roll my own upsert with creates and updates, which requires more requests and is slower.

I'm guessing that from within the Salesforce database, an external id field has an associated database index (and the resulting tablespace), so perhaps the rationale of having only one external id is to limit the tablespace.  This would be a shame, because the overhead of the additional requests is a drag for both Salesforce and its partners.

Any chance this will be changed in the future?

-Howard
My setup uses some custom fields for both leads and accounts. Most were created by another user, but I created one for leads and one for accounts. When I use the describe call, not all of the custom fields are returned. Specifically, the field I created isn't being returned, but all the others are. Any ideas why this is happening or what I can do about it?

Thanks,

=> Darla