• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm curious how others have accomplished the following:

* User updates a record in SalesForce.com.
* SalesForce.com sends an outbound POST/GET or API request to a listener web server hosted by us
* Our custom application then queries the SForce API and grabs the latest data from the SalesForce.com record

I know we could program our application to query salesforce.com for records updated since it's last query, but I'd perfer to know if it's possible to accomplish this.

What would be ideal is a workflow alert that is actually able to submit a POST/GET query to an external web address. Then we could use the existing workflow rules to trigger this sort of thing.

Thanks in advance.
js
One of my biggest wants in SalesForce.com is the ability to create a formula field that tabulates information from children objects. For example, a formula field on an Account called Total Won Opportunity Value that would sum the value of all Won opportunities. For us, this ability would be especially useful on tabulating usage data that is stored in Custom Objects. Out integration create a custom object for every transation a customer has with our product. The ability to tally that on the account would be indispensable.

I'd love to know if this is going to be in the October release.

Message Edited by Jamies DSX on 07-11-2006 09:47 AM

Hello-

We are looking for a Billing/Invoicing system that intergrates with SalesForce.com. Anyone know of any third party solutions?

Thanks,
js
Hello-

We are looking for a Billing/Invoicing system that intergrates with SalesForce.com. Anyone know of any third party solutions?

Thanks,
js
I'm curious how others have accomplished the following:

* User updates a record in SalesForce.com.
* SalesForce.com sends an outbound POST/GET or API request to a listener web server hosted by us
* Our custom application then queries the SForce API and grabs the latest data from the SalesForce.com record

I know we could program our application to query salesforce.com for records updated since it's last query, but I'd perfer to know if it's possible to accomplish this.

What would be ideal is a workflow alert that is actually able to submit a POST/GET query to an external web address. Then we could use the existing workflow rules to trigger this sort of thing.

Thanks in advance.
js
One of my biggest wants in SalesForce.com is the ability to create a formula field that tabulates information from children objects. For example, a formula field on an Account called Total Won Opportunity Value that would sum the value of all Won opportunities. For us, this ability would be especially useful on tabulating usage data that is stored in Custom Objects. Out integration create a custom object for every transation a customer has with our product. The ability to tally that on the account would be indispensable.

I'd love to know if this is going to be in the October release.

Message Edited by Jamies DSX on 07-11-2006 09:47 AM