• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
One of the big weaknesses of Salesforce is the cumberson email integration. It was thus with much interest I read the progress of Zimba in integrating outlook and office products INSIDE the saleforce system.

Does anyone have any idea when this will be released as an appexhange application and what the associated costs are?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has advice on learning AJAX vs .NET when it comes to salesforce...would it be better long term option to learn Ajax coding via Eclipse than a related curve vai .NET and Visual Studio?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

How complex would this be...has this been achieved by anybody?

Thanks
Jason
We are investigating deploying a revised login/registration authentication system that would instead authenticate against the SalesForce API.

However, there appear to be a number of possibilities, some better than others which are making the road map difficult.

These appears to be the possibilities, if one accepts we come from a limited .NET background:

1. Authenticate using 'delegated' authentication and encryption.

2. Some possibilities exist for leveraging the self-service portal to do the authentication....this seems more 'canned' and available?
However, it is not exactly clear how to achieve this.

3. Use something like DBAmp or DataScope to replicate data on our sql server. However, this poses two problems:

A. There is slight synchronization delay between the api server and our sforce account....thus, we would need double redundancy to replicate against the sql server and the api....phew.

B. There appears to be issues with something called 'open' connection to the SalesForce API....to mimimize delays the connection must remain open.

I have seen numerous posts relating to various ways to complete authentication on a company website using sforce as a backend.

However, they all seem problematic and clunky.

Is there any reason why canned applications have not been built by api developers for immediate deployment on a company website either in linux or windows flavors....It seems like a no brainer to me? 

Failing that, is there is a suggested road map by Salesforce on implementing a website authentication against 'contacts' inside the database.

Any ideas or feedback much appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

In html and within Act 6.03 windows there is a useful form object which allows you to multi select items in list of pull down values rather than just selecting one item.

One of the big limitations I find with salesforce is the inability to consume information from other tab areas elegantly.

At best you can only pull in one value from an external list in other areas such as a custom object.

Instead of creating duplicate picklist fields or using a clunky input box I would prefer to use a multi-select item box.

Is this at all possible either in the canned enterprise version or perhaps with a very lines of code via the API.

Any feedback appreciated
Thanks

I have two questions regarding very simple WSDL web service development:

1. Has anyone used Visual Web Developer (baby Visual Studio) to deploy and test simple web services...any experiences to share or things to avoid?

2. After saving the WSDL.wsdl to my local desktop I am having problems adding it as a web reference....
I tried right clicking on the solution explorer and selecting 'add reference' but it does not show up in the 'browse' area.....  Do I need to add a 'web reference' instead....

Any feedback appreciated
Jason
How complex would this be...has this been achieved by anybody?

Thanks
Jason
I have two questions regarding very simple WSDL web service development:

1. Has anyone used Visual Web Developer (baby Visual Studio) to deploy and test simple web services...any experiences to share or things to avoid?

2. After saving the WSDL.wsdl to my local desktop I am having problems adding it as a web reference....
I tried right clicking on the solution explorer and selecting 'add reference' but it does not show up in the 'browse' area.....  Do I need to add a 'web reference' instead....

Any feedback appreciated
Jason