• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
subject says it all
I have a custom object, it has about 25 checkboxes. I want to update the selected checkboxes accorinding to pressing on a link.
How can I do it?

a more specific detail:
cb's 1,2,3,4,5 need to be selected if custom link 1 is pressed.
cb's4,5,6,7 need to be selected if custom link 2 is pressed (uncheck the rest)

Anyone?
We are new to salesforce, using the enterprise edition.
We are looking for a solution to enable a security server to communicate with the SF servers.
Some kind of license management + activation control server application.
Any one has done something like that?
I was wondering if there is one like a Hello World for AppExchange ??

Is there?
I am not yet familiar with the strenghts of SF. However, we need to create some kind of a DLL that does computation of the users products and some other information from the accounts name, and to create an encoded string. This string should be sent to an internal server we have in our network.
How can I do it? Can I install our DLL on the Salesforce network?
What are S-controls? is that what I need?

thanks
Hi,

We are selling our software product using a hardware key (obtained by the customers hardware) and with a list of codes, we issue an activation key that will enable these modules(codes) on the customers machine (same hardware id as provided).
The workflow is as follows:
- Sales person finalizes a sale with certain modules (each module has it's own code)
- that is associated with a customer unique id
- once the customer installs our software, some string including customer uid, and hardware id is sent for an data server. (I want that data server to be sales force)
- data server sends a new request with hardware id + requested modules (from the closed sale) to an activation server (can I install a DLL that performs that on the sales force server?)
- answer is sent back to data server.
- answer is sent back to customer.

This is our required work flow. We are a new company in salesforce, and yet to install any custom objects or other items, thus I am not familiar with any of the capabilities.
Is this process achievable?

Any help is welcome.
subject says it all
I have a custom object, it has about 25 checkboxes. I want to update the selected checkboxes accorinding to pressing on a link.
How can I do it?

a more specific detail:
cb's 1,2,3,4,5 need to be selected if custom link 1 is pressed.
cb's4,5,6,7 need to be selected if custom link 2 is pressed (uncheck the rest)

Anyone?
I was wondering if there is one like a Hello World for AppExchange ??

Is there?
I am not yet familiar with the strenghts of SF. However, we need to create some kind of a DLL that does computation of the users products and some other information from the accounts name, and to create an encoded string. This string should be sent to an internal server we have in our network.
How can I do it? Can I install our DLL on the Salesforce network?
What are S-controls? is that what I need?

thanks
Hi everyone,

I'm sort of new to salesforce but have a limited exprience with sforce API. I like to write a small app for our company and all the articles that I see talk about it either in general or they talk about how to deploy it in salesforce. I have the following question that would really appreciate it if someone out there answered.

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and need to know how to start writing this App that's executable on Salesforce.

Do I just create a web app (aspx) and if it works assume it would work on the Appexchange network? Don't I have to follow certains rules for compatibility? Am I totally off the path here? If so please provide me with some information on how to start (prefereably asp.net) .

BTW, I've already created a complete Partner Portal that's running on our server (which was easy using Salesforce API).

Thank you
Maz

• May 26, 2006
Hi All!
I want to know that can we associate the approval requests with opportunities ? Means that some one can request for approval against opportunity instead of a contract ?

Best Regards
Ahsen Saeed

Does anyone know of any examples/samples/docs for creating SControl s? I can't seem to find any good docs.

Thanks.
  • November 24, 2003